bad boy vs nice guy.

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by iwishiwasbigger, Nov 18, 2008.

1. iwishiwasbigger

iwishiwasbigger New Member

Albums:
    So why is it that almost all of the attractive ladies go for the bad-boy/assholes instead of the nice guys? Girls say "oh I really want a nice guy and not assholes" but they always fall for them.

I'm personally a tall, athletic, intelligent, confident, friendly, nice guy but girls I like tend to go for the assholes. They treat girls like crap but girls like them anyways. Maybe I should be an asshole and treat girls like crap. Nice guys always do finish last.

Sorry, I just needed to vent/rant.

So what would you ladies say your preference is and why? What makes a guy appealing. I don't have a problem in picking up chicks for one night stands but I have trouble with girls I like to get into a relationship.

I apologize again and thanks for reading. Cheers.

2. sweetnicole

sweetnicole New Member

I always go for the nice guy. He is someone that will actually be with you longer or even for the rest of your life. Well it depends on the girl if she's looking for a serious long term relationship then maybe a nice guy will come in handy but for a nice hot night or a short term hot relationship then a bad-boy type will fill it.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Maybe it's because some of us are stuck in the olden days and wait for the man to ask us out? 'Nice guys' are often painfully shy and never make the first move. There are many on this site exactly like that. We get tired of being alone and go out with the guy that asks us out . . . the bad boy.

For most girls thats a phase which wears off during the early 20's. I never had a bad boy phase, but I did have a big, dumb jock phase. I got tired of that by age 19.

That's okay we understand. :yup:

Maybe the nice girls see what you choose to have one night stands with then assume you wouldn't want them and thus avoid you; or put you in the dreaded friend zone.

4. Xcuze

Gold Member

Its one of the great mysteries of life. Woman seeks bad guy - bad guy treats woman badly - woman feels like shit - bad guy cheats on woman - woman feels even shittier - bad guy dumps woman - WOMAN SEEKS NEW BAD GUY.....on & on it goes.

Worst part is; woman has bad guys baby to try & tame him. Duh!!

Women, if ya gonna act stupid then at least keep innocent children out of it. BAD GUYS DO NOT MAKE GOOD FATHERS. Or even present Fathers!

5. iwishiwasbigger

Albums:
    My one night stands are usually discreet.

And I'm the guy who's willing to wait to have sex until the girl is comfortable... I think I could wait up to a year or more if I really liked the girl. Sex is just sex, but making love is something I hold dear.

And I do ask a girl out once I talk to her for a bit, get to know her. Maybe the talking part puts me in the friend zone? Should I just ask them sooner than later? If I really like the girl then I act differently towards her, I need to practice not doing that....which I am getting better.

Oh well, thanks for your insights.

6. MrMXYZPTLK

MrMXYZPTLK New Member

Far as what I see, Women go for the Bad Boy, because they seem stronger, tougher, more secure. Women at first glance seem to go for the stronger guy that look's (not will but looks like) like they will be a good protector.

But also as far as I see. Women that go for the guys that look like good protectors. Find out that good protectors are not good providers.

Basic message, young women go for the hunky masculine guys. Older women, go for the nice guys that look like they know what thier going to do with thier Future. but also There are nice guys that are Hunky and Masculine.

7. iwishiwasbigger

Albums:
    Mrmxyzptlk, your reasoning regarding Darwinism is very true for the most part but I think as a society we're at a time where most people can look past that. I'd write more but I need to go. haha.

8. Axcess

Gold Member

Nice Guys Finish last , well if they even finish . Enough said.

9. Axcess

Gold Member

10. Kassokilleri2ff

You cannot ask this question to women. They do not think there is bad guy or nice guy. It is only confident guy, and greasy hair unconfident guy. There is no such thing as an asshole, just a guy who is more confident. There is no such thing as a nice guy, just a guy who has bad social skills. Thats all they chalk it up to. I'm not saying I belive this, this is only what I've ever been told when I ask this question. I still can't understand it regardless.

Good luck with your search!

11. liberia

liberia New Member

Albums:
    The fact is 99% of women havn`t got a clue what they really want.

12. Axcess

Gold Member

You are so right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You described how woman see this very accurately.

13. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I have never been attracted to a bad boy type -- the type who cheats, is disrespectful, parasitic, abusive, narcissistic, neglectful. In fact I find that type of behaviour repulsive and repugnant and would kick anyone who treated me that way to the curb in a nanosecond -- friend or lover.

I'd much rather a nice quiet shy guy who possesses positive masculine qualities.

14. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

Nice guy, right here. Single....been single for two years. All my friends are older than me, fatter and rude, disrespectful. All are dateing someone, ones getting a devorce, but he is a nice guy too. I have to agree, girls hate the nice guy. They love a bad boy. I should change my image. Maybe I should get a motorcycle and wear leather.

15. sleepiboi

sleepiboi Member

I'm a nice guy as well, and I haven't had a real relationship in 4 years, and right now I am a sophomore in college. I don't know what it is, but I guess I just don't give off "the vibe" or something...

16. iwishiwasbigger

Albums:
    Well for me I've never had a girlfriend. In highschool it was partly my fault because I didn't really care or anything. I have had intercourse with 7 girls and gotten oral from 3 other girls.... So I must be somewhat attractive. And I'd rate every single one of them above a 7, and only two of them were due to alcohol.

I just can't snag girlfriend type girls, or the girls who I would want to be my girlfriend.

17. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

I am going to reverse this question.
    First, what do you consider attractive? Most guys go for the "model like" women- very gorgeous. While looking for the extremely attractive women, men pass up the cute women or those with slight imperfections.

Second, time and time again I see men flock to the 'bad girls' and leave the 'nice girls'. Why is this? Are you one of the guys that don't give the time of day to 'nice girls'?

Remember to be true to yourself and really search deep inside. You may have let a soul mate slip through your fingers.

18. Kassokilleri2ff

I think most guys prefer cute girls. I don't know why girls hate when you call them cute. I think cute is better. Is it because a cute man is lesser than say..a rugged man? I guess women think a pretty girl is better than a cute girl? Nah, cute > pretty for sure.

19. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Babies are cute. Little girls are cute. Women are beautiful. :biggrin1:

20. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

Woman are definitely beautiful, not cute. I think cute just makes them little girlish or almost sister-like.

As for the nice guy/bad guy thing, I definitely think its true that women go for the bad guys. I watch all my friends go out with such douche bags and put up with the shit even though they need theyre being treated like shit. It makes me sick because thats not how women should be treated. I have a lot of female friends, but I wouldnt consider myself in "friend" zone, we all hook up occasionally so its alright.

I think it really is a matter of confidence because in high school I never really exuded that much of it, but now im more comfortable with myself and its paying off.

Although snagging a girlfriend like the above poster said is where it hurts. Girls will come to me for hook ups, but they always seem to go back to the assholes. Its getting lonely :(

Draft saved Draft deleted