Barack Hussein Obama

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would this anti-semitic (Arabic names are Semitic in origin, right?) bigotry explain why General Omar Bradley was left in the dust by General Dwight Eisenhower when the political parties came wooing war heroes to become presidential candidates after the Second World War? :rolleyes:

And yet Ike had a German name. Maybe the American people are more enlightened than they are given credit.

ILguy23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Muhammad Ali started fighting because of anti-American sentiment too.

Sheesh. His name is no more important than his skin color.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Would this anti-semitic (Arabic names are Semitic in origin, right?) bigotry explain why General Omar Bradley was left in the dust by General Dwight Eisenhower when the political parties came wooing war heroes to become presidential candidates after the Second World War? :rolleyes:

And yet Ike had a German name. Maybe the American people are more enlightened than they are given credit.

A candidate once called an opponents brother a homo sapien(man) and his sister a thespian(actor). Guess who won the election?

Muhammad Ali started fighting because of anti-American sentiment too.

Sheesh. His name is no more important than his skin color.

Go to the OP. I know it's just his name but that's the point.
Being in the retail business theres a quote" No one has ever lost a dime on the bad taste of the american public".
The same can be said for the stupidity of the masses.

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A candidate once called an opponents brother a homo sapien(man) and his sister a thespian(actor). Guess who won the election?

Go to the OP. I know it's just his name but that's the point.
Being in the retail business theres a quote" No one has ever lost a dime on the bad taste of the american public".
The same can be said for the stupidity of the masses.
:biggrin1:

So, you think things haven't changed much since PT Barnum had the signs painted saying "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS" to get folks to exit his museum?

browser50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This one is most interesting to me. Not sure if either Hillary or Obama can win as stand alones. I think a combo ticket might just work, if they don't kill each other in the mean time. McCain - well better than the rest of the conservative bunch that he has KO'ed to date in the Republican party (I hope). Would love to hear the dirt from 9inchArkansasdick. One thing for sure in my book, the next person has quite a clean/fix-up job to oversee. If that person fails or things continue to go downhill we could be SOL in more ways than one. And yes the wondering about Heil Obama is there too. Makes you wonder is it the name or just the times. All we can do is make the best judgment based on what we know and can learn, and maybe just be voting we are saying we care about things. God and Goddess/ Lord and Lady help us all.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:biggrin1:

So, you think things haven't changed much since PT Barnum had the signs painted saying "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS" to get folks to exit his museum?

There's a sucker born every minute.
(god willing)

This one is most interesting to me. Not sure if either Hillary or Obama can win as stand alones. I think a combo ticket might just work, if they don't kill each other in the mean time. McCain - well better than the rest of the conservative bunch that he has KO'ed to date in the Republican party (I hope). Would love to hear the dirt from 9inchArkansasdick. One thing for sure in my book, the next person has quite a clean/fix-up job to oversee. If that person fails or things continue to go downhill we could be SOL in more ways than one. And yes the wondering about Heil Obama is there too. Makes you wonder is it the name or just the times. All we can do is make the best judgment based on what we know and can learn, and maybe just be voting we are saying we care about things. God and Goddess/ Lord and Lady help us all.

The combo is the real ticket. No matter how much each one thinks they don't need the other!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Franklin delano Roosevelt
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Richard Milhouse Nixon
William Jefferson Clinton
Barack Hussein Obama.

I know it's just his name but.....
I think if he gets the nomination we will be handing over the white house to a Republican. With Republicans voting the party line and racist democrats I don't think this guy has a chance. I don't care how he doing in primaries!
Your thoughts?

sad

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
VERY well said!
I think she can take the bullshit and he can't win.
Republicans want obama to win. 1 so they can smear him. 2 clinton is a tough cunt and can't be smeared

If she's so tough, why is she using every desparate ploy to grab attention and make negative accusations that back fire badly, because Obama doesn't take the bait?

Her latest spin is to grab pamplets that were released the week before last and then 2 days later, cry foul that that democrats should be outraged! Outraged about what?

So if you cannot indict Obama with anything that will stick, then take offense at something that has no teeth to it, to give the appearance that he makes negative attacks (but you have to read the fine print and people have a short attention span?)

Hillary is so tough - she cried "right wing conspiracies for her failures." She seems to brag about welcoming that fight again. I think she is horribly out of touch campaigning that way. I think people are tired of the bickering that she appears to brag and welcome to line up against her. It's like she wants to have another political out, if another policy that she puts together fails on its merits - no it's just the repubs out to get me. Well I'd like to see something other than a magnet double-dog daring their opposition to pick a fight.

I think Obama is going to surprise a lot of people and take the White house this Fall (and I'm someone that thought the Iraq war was totally warranted).

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's true that you posted that. And that's what I was referring to as being sad.

Gjorg - that point of mine that you weren't able to figure out on your own?

NIC just gave you a hint.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Franklin delano Roosevelt
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Richard Milhouse Nixon
William Jefferson Clinton
Barack Hussein Obama.

I know it's just his name but.....
I think if he gets the nomination we will be handing over the white house to a Republican. With Republicans voting the party line and racist democrats I don't think this guy has a chance. I don't care how he doing in primaries!
Your thoughts?

Ok, I didn't actually read any of the replies because I'm running late for something, but here are the national head-to-head matchup polls (no primaries involved).

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

We have Republicans jumping on our bandwagon as well. We call 'em Obamacans. For some bizarre reason many conservatives would rather vote for Barack than McCain (not that I'm complaining).
Plus I don't buy the whole "the country isn't ready for someone named Hussein" schtick. John McCain himself has come to Obama's defense on the subject of his name, and when the apparent nominee speaks, people tend to listen.

When I get back I may dig up some more poll numbers from other sites to banish your concerns. Frankly I'm surprised as hell. Barack is my candidate and I am campaigning vigorously for him, but I always thought we would encounter a serious wall of bigotry at some point. It seems the country is proving me wrong-- and I couldn't be happier. :smile:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not provable, and most likely false.

Your original claim was:

With Republicans voting the party line and racist democrats I don't think this guy has a chance. I don't care how he doing in primaries!

I'll concede that some Democratic voters are racist, but
  1. you haven't established that enough voters are racist to swing the election;
  2. you haven't established that those voters are distributed in close swing states that might influence the electoral vote;
  3. you haven't established that racism among voters is strong enough to outweigh other principles: Are voters so opposed to a black candidate that they'd risk four more years of human rights abuses, quagmire in Iraq, economic stagnation, etc.?
  4. you haven't established that the voters who'd vote against Obama on the basis of his race outnumber the voters who'd vote for Obama on the basis of his race: his campaign has energized a lot of first-time voters who've felt politically disenfranchised in the past.
But the evidence is mounting that your claim is wrong: he doing phenomenal in the primaries, and you should care about these results before making your narrow-minded claim. In fact, even though 14 states still haven't had their primaries yet, Barack Obama has already received more primary votes than any other candidate in history (edit: I stand corrected; he's behind by a little over a million votes, but is likely to make up more than half that difference in Texas alone.) That doesn't speak of a party beset by racism.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh, and Hillary is so tough she had to cry to win a primary. And before you say they were genuine tears, in all the 35 years of experience she keeps touting, she hasn't cried once.

I think that speaks for itself.

EDIT: Thanks mindseye, that was excellent. Election politics should be approached like journalism... cite clear evidence and name the sources.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gjorg - that point of mine that you weren't able to figure out on your own?

NIC just gave you a hint.
So you had to wait for someone else to tell you what you where talking about?

Sad and true, so that means we can't talk about it.
Don't talk about that elephant in the middle of the room,maybe it will go away on it's oun.