Cheerio LPSG

Media
I've been a member here for years. I come on and take a hiatus when I need to. Its not hard. You control your engagement with the site. It should not control you.

Some folks spend way too much time here...get burned out...and feel the need to leave. Then they miss the void left in their life, and some come back. I've seen it happen many times before.

In the end, this site really gives back what you give. If you like to fight and argue, others here are more than happy to fight and argue back. If you enjoy "standing your ground" others will challenge your ground. If you make friends and have fun, you will have tons of friends and fun. If you are depressed and negative, you can get even more depressed and negative here.

By and large, you get what you give.

I couldn't agree more and I hope what that most of what I have contributed here reflects that. I have met some really wonderful people as a result and made some great friendships.

Thanks for the pontification Ex. ;)

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pup, please sit, please stay.

If you feel the need to rest on the porch for a bit before playing in the yard again, that's fine. When you're ready to resume your frolic there'll be a frisbee with your name on it waiting.

How do you feel about agility courses?

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rugbypup,

I would like it very much if you would please stay. You have a lot of good friends on here. Take a little break and then come back and see if things are not better.

There's always going to be personality conflicts no matter where you go in life. Not everyone is going to get along every minute of the day. I just think if you take a break and get a bit of fresh air......maybe you will get a new perspective on the situation. Hopefully the good will outweigh the bad.

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Crumbs - I'm really upset, I have never had anything but nice and funny posts with Rp!

Take care puppy darlin', keep your nose wet, your arse clean and mind the fleas - bye bye babyboy xxx :frown1:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I couldn't agree more and I hope what that most of what I have contributed here reflects that. I have met some really wonderful people as a result and made some great friendships.

Thanks for the pontification Ex. ;)

I haven't contributed much, but I've certainly met some wonderful friends.
I understand why some people feel they have to leave but I do think on occasions people are hounded out and left little alternative other than to go.

And as for ex.... he pontifikates so well!!!!! :tongue: :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
No! I come back to pup leaving :mad:

Do come back, pup. We love you.

But Your decision to leave is totally respected, and if you choose to return, it will be to open arms and hooves :smile:

:kiss:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've been a member here for years. I come on and take a hiatus when I need to. Its not hard. You control your engagement with the site. It should not control you.

Some folks spend way too much time here...get burned out...and feel the need to leave. Then they miss the void left in their life, and some come back. I've seen it happen many times before.

In the end, this site really gives back what you give. If you like to fight and argue, others here are more than happy to fight and argue back. If you enjoy "standing your ground" others will challenge your ground. If you make friends and have fun, you will have tons of friends and fun. If you are depressed and negative, you can get even more depressed and negative here.

By and large, you get what you give.

Well put, apt and true.

There is nothing wrong with a good argument.
There is nothing wrong with people disagreeing with you.

While I don't like being called names... surely there are times when its called for or at least understandable that it happens.

How long would you watch a television show where everything was hunky dory all the time?

As to those who bemoan that the ole gray mare ain't what she used to be....

1- its a community. It will be the interplay of those who are a part of it... stop demanding it be otherwise.

2- YOU make the community what it is to the extent and nature of your contribution.

3- maybe you're just suffering from a false nostalgia.

4- you do not improve a community by withdrawing from it.
If you lose interest, get tired of defending your ideas, or the folks you used to like to chat with are all gone... then leave.

But don't blame the rest of the community...

The site, like life itself, will go on without you.

Every hundred years the earth is full of entirely different people.
.....and thru all human history the old timers have been complaining that things ain't what they used to be...

And the Newbies they complain of will soon enough be chanting the same old saw.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
But don't blame the rest of the community...

The site, like life itself, will go on without you.

Robbie Scouse has lived in my village for fourty years.

I don't expect many to understand that.

But Phil, time will tell whether the new community is one that people will want to hang around in. That is the difference. Not that it matters. :rolleyes:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You think it significantly different?
Being relatively new here I have no opinion on that...

In what way is it different... other than that cliques of the like minded keep breaking up or shifting around?