Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
How many do you have?

They are not perfect, as no one is, but over time they have been there for you. You can depend on them when in need of support no matter what. The bond is so stronge that time apart has no effect because each time you talk it feels like yesterday. There are other qualities in a true friend but these are just my first thoughts.

I have two.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eighteen time-tested, trial-proven friends. Granted, in that number are four parents of friends who have proven over the past 18 years or so to be just as much my friend in times of trouble as their children, my husband, and my little brother. Oh, and one person who may or may not have been counted twice. There used to be more, but they died. I know that is an unusually large number, but my graduating class in high school had over 2200 students. I know hundreds of people. But eighteen of them are my friends.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
4! Tried, Tested and True. I only know this because i use to think that number was higher.... MUCH higher. But all-in-all Im kinda glad it is only 4. Love them all to death and they to me. :D

Like they say.... "a friend will be there to bail you out but a true friend will be in the cell right next to you"

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can completely rely on three pals, with those qualities.

But I've not been one to hang out with a lot of people to feel secure, or anything. I make friends with people I trust in the first place. In total, I have six true friends, but I trust three of the guys more than the others.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's a toughie. I thought I had many friends, then I realized I had many acquaintances. I have only 3 true friends. 3 Whom I would I die for, who would die for me. They happen to be family as well.(well one isn't yet, but I'm sure my bro will marry her soon lol) I have never met anyone else who is worth the title. I have a "best friend" whom I never talk too, and only see every few years. I'm nit sure what you can call that. I'm too much of a shut-in I guess.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You will always find out the answer if something bad happens. Any New Yorker will know after 9/11 who contacted them.

Hopefully you know who they are before something like that happens. But I know what you are saying.

I have many acquaintances and a hand full of true friends.

That's really my point of this thread. Maybe I'm wrong but the term "friend" is so over used or under appreciated, idk. For example facebook everybody is friends just because they talk and are on someones friends list. Oh wait, maybe LPSG needs to consider changing the request a friend to request an acquaintances....lol

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Like Intrigue said, I thought I had a few, but looking back, I only have two. Both are brothers. I guess I'd have more friends if I would keep putting their dicks in my mouth. :biggrin1:

ummmm.....the later aren't friends. I won't kiss ass or suck dick for anyones friendship. Oh that sounded bad I'm str8.....haha

TxLonghorn81

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, the dick sucking was later on in the "friendships". I don't regret that though. Only having one or two friends helps me keeps my loyalty to them and not spread thin. That's why I only count the two brothers as true friends or family (as they see me). There's something about, when one of his uncles threatens me and my friend then threatens to kill him if they do anything. That's something special!

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, the dick sucking was later on in the "friendships". I don't regret that though. Only having one or two friends helps me keeps my loyalty to them and not spread thin. That's why I only count the two brothers as true friends or family (as they see me). There's something about, when one of his uncles threatens me and my friend then threatens to kill him if they do anything. That's something special!

Death that's always a good way to gage the level of friendship....lol

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Changes constantly as to how they and myself feel
Had one i thought, until i told him haha
aahhhhh .. depends on what level we are all at i think
ie .. Many and None at all
enz

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have 6 friends that I can honestly say that they would come to my aid should anything happen to me. My best friend from Middle School, 1 from HS and 3 met over the years and 1 I met here on lpsg. I feel blessed and I really don't feel the need for more. Now aquaintances I have hundreds, but I learned when my son had cancer who my true friends were.