Deal breakers!!??

Dbug

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Deal breakers? Fysically there are some things that don't work for me: Short hair, bad smell, bad teeth, hairy and skinny or thin are real turn offs.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before finding someone to date or have fun with, what are some of the things you can't look past or things you can't tolerate?

!

I cannot stand people who disrespect me. Even if it is a constructive criticism about me, I cannot tolerate any comment or feedback from others. That's a deal breaker.

D_Judith K Rantz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I cannot stand people who disrespect me. Even if it is a constructive criticism about me, I cannot tolerate any comment or feedback from others. That's a deal breaker.

Ehhh well unless you are content with pets the rest of your life, you're going to need to open yourself up to it. It's a part of life and no one with any backbone/balls is going to sit there and exclusively shower you with compliments.

Mine would probably smoking, hygiene, appearance and arrogance. I suppose those are the major ones.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ehhh well unless you are content with pets the rest of your life, you're going to need to open yourself up to it. It's a part of life and no one with any backbone/balls is going to sit there and exclusively shower you with compliments.

Mine would probably smoking, hygiene, appearance and arrogance. I suppose those are the major ones.

LMAO !!! Shower me with compliments. Love it. :biggrin1:

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When a chick's S's whistle. It's so obnoxious!!!

Lol what does this mean?

I take it that the poster is referring to pronouncing the "S" at the end of a word in a manner that it is noticeably drawn out, which sometimes could sound like hissing or whistling.

Smoking and hygiene are included under my previous post of maintaining fitness and health. You don't have to run marathons, or spend hours in front of the mirror getting ready, but taking care of your health and keeping up an appearance that is not sloppy is important.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you cannot differentiate between constructive criticism and disrespect?

IMO it's the duty of my partner to tell me when i'm overstepping the mark. who wants a nodding dog for a lover??

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think AvgJoe would need a fag hag as well as a BF.... the FH to give the criticism, and the BF to compliment the result of said criticism.... you'd be surprised how many men and women do this....

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you cannot differentiate between constructive criticism and disrespect?

IMO it's the duty of my partner to tell me when i'm overstepping the mark. who wants a nodding dog for a lover??

Yes, I agree. You've just said what I meant. Thanks.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Talking about ex/exes.
Has a child (I'm sorry if this is shallow but I couldn't do it).
Has been married (I couldn't do this either cos I'm too insecure lol).
Lives with parents.
Unemployed (cos I work damn hard at my job and am not going to support someone who won't work).
I am wondering how someone being previously married would make you insecure

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
well, my sexual deal breakers are: no blood, shit, piss, children, animals, incest, choking/asphyxiation, mega extreme BDSM/humiliation, ass to mouth, non-con scenes, group scenes. i think i am game for pretty much anything else.

general deal-breakers are hygiene, i guess. that's the only thing i can really think of. this includes dental hygiene, i like fairly nice teeth though i don't expect toothpaste commercial teeth or anything.

the only other general deal-breaker i can think of is pronounced homophobia/bigotry.

Last edited:

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
well, my sexual deal breakers are: no blood, shit, piss, children, animals, incest, choking/asphyxiation, mega extreme BDSM/humiliation, ass to mouth, non-con scenes, group scenes. i think i am game for pretty much anything else.

general deal-breakers are hygiene, i guess. that's the only thing i can really think of. this includes dental hygiene, i like fairly nice teeth though i don't expect toothpaste commercial teeth or anything.

the only other general deal-breaker i can think of is pronounced homophobia/bigotry.

I couldn't have said it better.....

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
People who judge their dates on:
  • how much they exercise
  • whether or not they smoke
  • how fit they are
  • length of hair
  • vegan/vegetarian
  • recycling/environmentalism
I don't smoke, I do exercise, I can cook vegan/vegetarian (altho I'm not), I recycle, my hair is medium, and I recycle most of the time BUT when I'm around people like that, it's all I can do not to borrow a pack of smokes, pooch out my belly, scratch my ass and spit. Ok, scratching my ass & spitting has nothing to do with the list, but it keeps me from hitting them over the head with a board.

And I do deeply apologize to the people on this thread who have some of these things on your list. I know it's your preference and you absolutely have a right to it, and I'm sure you're nice enough not to be all preachy, but some people are very vocal, arrogant and rude about it. I'm talking about them and NOT YOU! :biggrin1:

Again, I apologize (it's the Canadian in me.)

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
People who approach a relationship with a list of requirements and expect you to fulfil (or for that matter not fulfil) their 'deal breaker list' and expect you to conform to their cookie cutter idea of what their ideal relationship partner would be....

Thats a deal breaker for me...

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
Smoking - I hate cigarettes and the smell of them. If you do something that makes me not want to be around you, then thats kind of counterproductive, yes?
Excessive drinking - I want to be with somebody that is in control of themselves. If you drink a lot, I dont think you are in a healthy state of mind.
Poor health should probably be on this list to. I want to be active with somebody, not just in bed but also outside.

I wont judge a person if they do this, its just that these all pertain to what I want to avoid in a relationship.

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i did think of one other thing to add to the deal-breaker list: intentional litterers.

littering on purpose is a big pet peeve of mine.
i've done the volunteer cleanups and it is so gross. so gross. what some people decide to toss for ease, i guess? i once found a bag of used diapers.
*yuck face*

Last edited: