December 21, 2012

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What will happen?

- Any Mayans still living will have to go to Barnes & Noble and buy a new calendar.

Doomsday predictions?

- None of the supposed "alignments" are as precise as the doomsayers would have you believe.
- Alignments don't magically increase gravity. Why don't catastrophic things happen every solar and lunar eclipse when the Sun, Moon, and Earth line up?
- When your cat moves from your couch to your lap, it has more gravitational effect on you than the "galactic center" ... or in fact most of the Milky Way ... does on you.
- If you think the world will end in December 2012, just agree to sign over all your tangible assets to me in January 2013. I'll even pay you some cash right now if you agree to it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[QUOTE=jjsjr;2140393]Multiple calendars, prophets, and ancient civilizations warn us of this date. What are your thoughts? What is really going to happen on December 12, 2012?!?! :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:[/QUOTE]
My gut says CUBE is correct. The only thing that will happen is a bunch of whores and hookers will join a church in hopes their souls can be saved before it's too late.:rolleyes:

People claim the "End of the World" but I believe that its not going to end, per say.... but the Earth, sun and moon will be lined up with the absolute center of the Milky Way, which could spawn huge meteorological drama. This hasn't happened in 24,000 years, that's all.
Uhmmm, what happend 24,000 years ago that we should be leery of now?

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, here's what's wrong with this:
Firstly, it's "per se," not "per say."
:naughty: tee hee hee You're sooo sexy when you correct spelling. :flirt:

[/quote] Secondly, how the fuck will three celestial bodies lining up with the center of the Milky Way fuck with the weather?[/QUOTE] :rolleyes: :duh: it will set off an intergalactic weather event.

There are a number of theories on this:
Albert Einstein said if the honey bees were suddenly gone mankind would have about 4 years left to live. Well, the honey bees are going extinct now and at the present rate in another year or so there will be no more honey bees left on earth. One year from now plus another 4 years gives us the year 2012. :no:NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of current 11-year sunspot cycle. Some believe this will amplify the effects of retarding magnetic field on earth, as harmful charged particles blasted away from the sun would more easily penetrate the earth's atmosphere.
I'd like to think if NASA really believed that they would be working on doing somethinmg to protect the earth.
In this final episode of the X-Files, it is revealed that on December 22 2012, aliens will invade and take over the world, one day after December 21 2012. It was like Chris Carter was saying to us that the aliens don't need to invade and conquer us, all they need to do is move in to a vacant earth.

Okay, the X-Files was fiction people! :rolleyes: I don't take seriously anything seen on that show or many others.[
QUOTE]The Vatican holds very closely to the Prophecy of St. Malachy. This Medieval Monk had detailed visions of 112 Popes until Doomsday, also known as The Biblical Apocalypse. The current Pope, Benedict XVI is the 111th named Pope, only one Pope remains. [/QUOTE]
And the Catholic church has been correct about so much, until obviously we sheeple will believe this as well.:rolleyes:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Theoretically, if the gravity pull is enough, the Earths poles are going to move from their current place. When this happens, all hell will break loose with the weather. There will be Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanos will erupt that make Krakatoa look like a snap cap.
Basically, total destruction from air, land and sea.

That is just science. But remember, I said if...

I wonder when it will happen. Dec. 21st, but on whoose watch? That means that it could already start happening by the 20th in our part of the world.

No, you're wrong. The Anunaki from Nibiru will swing by on that gravity boost that comes from the alignment (which makes perfect sense, btw) and do some shit here. Duh:rolleyes:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, upon further research, it looks like the alignment already happened and nothing happened. So, it will just be another day for corporate America so sell more shit to scared people.

"Critics suggest that the alignment in question takes place over a 36-year period, corresponding to the diameter of the Sun, with the most precise convergence having already occurred without incident in 1998.[20] Also, Jenkins himself notes that there is no concrete evidence that the Maya were aware of precession."

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, upon further research, it looks like the alignment already happened and nothing happened. So, it will just be another day for corporate America so sell more shit to scared people.

"Critics suggest that the alignment in question takes place over a 36-year period, corresponding to the diameter of the Sun, with the most precise convergence having already occurred without incident in 1998.[20] Also, Jenkins himself notes that there is no concrete evidence that the Maya were aware of precession."

You mean it's all baloney?:eek:

Gosh, what a shocker:rolleyes:

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
What people? The religious freaks? They dont count. This is science. The alingment will happen. That is a fact. How it will effect the Earth is still up in the air. We just have theories, no definites. And I hope those are wrong. :frown1:
I'll say it again, no it's not. It's not science at all.

The supermassive black hole has a mass of somewhere around 4 million solar masses. It lies about 7.6 kpc away. If we were to ignore all the other bodies of the galaxy except the blackhole, Sun and Earth:

Blackhole and Earth exert a force on each other of ~5.77x10^10 N
Sun and Earth exert a force on each other of ~3.54x10^22 N

So the blackhole's force is a trillion times weaker than the Sun's, approximately on a par with an object 1/5th the mass of Pluto when Pluto is at its nearest to Earth or thereabouts. So when the Sun and blackhole are in perfect alignment on the same side, the Earth is being accelerated towards the galactic centre by ~20 femto-metres per second more than when the Earth is directly between the Sun and blackhole (a femtometre is smaller than the width of a proton).

That's ignoring everything else in the galaxy too.

The Moon and the Sun are the only celestial bodies that really have the power to alter the climate remotely.

Last edited:
S

superbot

No doubt Ron Howard and Tom Cruise will make a film about it!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The whole Honey Bees thing has me worried. I'm going to start a hording of honey.