Different from Dad

CuriousTom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My old man is cut but left me uncut.

I'm glad to have the choice... But just wondering what its been like for other guys?

Have you ever discussed your status with your old man?

Ever asked him why you were or weren't circumcised?

Tom

Alem0909

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It happened the other way with my dad, he's uncut but i was cut at birth. When i asked him about it he said "No, you weren't circumcised!". I decided no to ask anymore. I guess somebody mistook the umibical cord or something... This year, after playing tennis, we hit the showers and he asked me when I had IT done and, once again I told him it was done at birth and once again he replied that I wasn't circuncised at birth. I have two suspects: The Jews or Mom.

I decided I don't really care to solve the "mistery". It's kinda fun that way!

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My father died when I was pretty young so I never really got the chance to talk to him about that, but honestly I'm not sure I'd ever have discussed it.

My father was uncut (from what I remember, as I said I was young), but I am cut.

My sons are all uncut. If they want to discuss it with me in the future, I guess I'm okay with it.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
My old man is cut but left me uncut.

I'm glad to have the choice... But just wondering what its been like for other guys?

Have you ever discussed your status with your old man?

Ever asked him why you were or weren't circumcised?

Tom

Me and my dad are uncut, but I am not sure if my brother is. Never have discussed it before.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm similar to Alem, Dad was uncut and I'm cut.

Never, ever, talked "cock" with him, so I'll never know why.

I am curious tho, because through sports and gym showers, I know that my Dad along with his brothers were all uncut, but my generation (brother and all cousins) were all cut :confused:. Same religion for generations, so I have no clue what caused the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: ballantyne

XXLJohn1955

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My dad left me uncut too but my brothers weren't as "lucky" although their cocks are as big as mine, I have to admit I think it's pretty hot looking cut. My dad's foreskin is much longer than mine though and he's bigger than me and my brothers.

Reactions: ballantyne

thkdkdad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
circumcision is a surgical procedure, and as such, would require someone's written authorization. since jews historically do not proselytize (or baptize infants to claim them for christ, as has been done by certain religions through the ages), and the muslim influence would have been nonexistent at the time of your birth (nor do muslims proselytize), it's probably dear old mom. she may have been influenced by someone; in past years circumcision was widely accepted as the modern, hygienic, scientific thing to do by middle- and upper-class americans of all faiths.

Alem0909

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
circumcision is a surgical procedure, and as such, would require someone's written authorization. since jews historically do not proselytize (or baptize infants to claim them for christ, as has been done by certain religions through the ages), and the muslim influence would have been nonexistent at the time of your birth (nor do muslims proselytize), it's probably dear old mom. she may have been influenced by someone; in past years circumcision was widely accepted as the modern, hygienic, scientific thing to do by middle- and upper-class americans of all faiths.

I guess I'm gonna have to ask my mother about it..!

So there's no jewish conspiracy?? Darm, I feel so un-intresting...

I have no trouble at all to talk about this subjects to my parents. I'm pretty open about it with my mother. I also talk a lot about it to my dad, but he can be very graphic sometimes. I regret so much asking him how did vaginal ovules (anticonceptives) work...

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media

I have no trouble at all to talk about this subjects to my parents. I'm pretty open about it with my mother. I also talk a lot about it to my dad, but he can be very graphic sometimes. I regret so much asking him how did vaginal ovules (anticonceptives) work...
There is a Jewish slant to it if you are interested. :wink: Actually, Rabbi Moses Maimondes weighed in on the purposes of circumcision in his book "Guide to the perplexed". Here's a couple of excerpts: Moses Maimonides: The Guide of the Perplexed: Circumcision

Among his beliefs (keep in mind this book was originally published over 800 years ago, but it's eerie how much of this has just been "discovered"):
1) Circumcision weakens the penis and lessens the pleasure derived from sex. This is not considered an unfortunate side effect, but rather the primary purpose of the ritual, because it was believed that sexual overindulgence was sinful and detracted from one's relationship with the Divine.
2) The foreskin's usefulness in sexual activity is very obvious, and while some see circumcision as a way to perfect what is defective congenitally, it is actually a way to perfect what is defective morally.
3) Women enjoy sex with intact men more, "The Sages, may their memory be blessed, have explicitly stated: It is hard for a woman with whom an uncircumcised man has had sexual intercourse to separate from him.".
4) Circumcision was a way for Jews to identify other Jews and easily recognize those who were not committed to their faith. Since in the past Jews were a nomadic people, this was a security measure to keep from being infiltrated by those claiming to be of the same faith, but actually there to steal, rape, or murder.
5) Circumcision is performed in infancy in order to keep the child or parents from having second thoughts and not going through with it.

Fun reading. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder how this kind of information and knowledge can be lost and refound repeatedly. Oh wait, the book was published during the Dark Ages. That explains a bit.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

No, not even if you were born in a Jewish hospital, because they would want it to be done with proper ceremony on the 8th day. Still the medical profession (nurses as much as if not more than doctors) can be pretty insistent.

CuriousTom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My best mate is cut even though his Dad is uncut.

His old man wanted him circumcised to "fit in" because he was always embarrassed by his foreskin growing up.

My mate has always wished he had the choice... But accepts that his Dad thought he was doing the right thing by him

Reactions: Intactnine

Alem0909

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I'm the only one among my nine cousins who is cut, all the others are intact!

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
My dad was cut but I was left (like 98% of my peers) uncut. I don't know why dad was cut - he was born in the 20s and did his National Service in Burma in the 40s, perhaps one of those was a factor. I don't even know whether he was circumcised at birth or later or whether his brothers were similarly attended to. I certainly know that my grandfather was intact.

It's not a conversation that I'd ever have envisaged having with my father. I've not shared a shower or a bathroom with him since I was around ten years of age.