Do you regift presents?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't, but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you are smart and don't give the gift to someone who knows the person who gave it to you.

One time I was thinking of buying item for a person and thought, no that's a little cheap, and when I got a gift from them it was the cheap item.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I never regift. If I don't like or need something I will just give it to someone who does, but never as a "gift".

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
havent thought about regifting to someone else to be honest - i tend to hang onto gifts for a few months and if its something i dont need or have no need for i have been known to hand items into local charity shops so that way at least someone can benefit from them in someway while the charity makes some cash for itself to help needy,etc.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do I re-cycle gifts in the way some do, no.

Would I give someone something that I now owned (even if by virtue of being a gift from another) because they would value it or make better use of it - yes. But only in the same sense that had I bought it for myself and gave it to them for the same reason.

Naturally, some discretion may be necessary, even if the motivation is entirely honourable.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No. I think it is rude to.

This does kind of play into my theory though...

There are only about 20 fruit cakes left in the world and they get regifted each year. They spend the year in their can as a door stop, get re-wrapped for Christmas, get regifted and the cycle repeats.

Would someone please send us one? We gave ours away to the neighbors and we need a new door stop for the garage door.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

There are only about 20 fruit cakes left in the world and they get regifted each year. They spend the year in their can as a door stop, get re-wrapped for Christmas, get regifted and the cycle repeats.

Would someone please send us one? We gave ours away to the neighbors and we need a new door stop for the garage door.
Ha, I've never seen or tasted a fruit cake in my life. I guess this is why.:biggrin:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Fruitcake really is terrible. I bought a small one once in a supermarket because I had never tried it, and it was awful. I don't even understand why they would make such junk.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fruitcake really is terrible. I bought a small one once in a supermarket because I had never tried it, and it was awful. I don't even understand why they would make such junk.

Buying fruitcake in a supermarket was likely a major factor in you considering it junk. I guess like most things, you like them or you don't, that doesn't make them terrible per se.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Buying fruitcake in a supermarket was likely a major factor in you considering it junk. I guess like most things, you like them or you don't, that doesn't make them terrible per se.

I don't even know what fruitcake is supposed to be. Yes the one I got was bad, it had little blue, green and red pieces of "fruit". Fruitcake is also a JOKE and if it were decent it would not be. I like Panettone and even a bad one is okay, but a bad fruitcake is inedible.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I love a good fruit cake. Indeed, on occasion I've been called as nutty as one.

Nice with a slice of Cheshire or, more traditionally, Lancashire cheese.
You know, I saw one being made on a TV cooking show the other day and it did look quite tasty. (In fact, the segment was meant to show what a good fruit cake is like). The cake ended up looking moist and delicious. Plus, the thought of nuts in anything makes me giddy.:biggrin:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't even know what fruitcake is supposed to be. Yes the one I got was bad, it had little blue, green and red pieces of "fruit". Fruitcake is also a JOKE and if it were decent it would not be. I like Panettone and even a bad one is okay, but a bad fruitcake is inedible.

A cake with fruit in basically.:rolleyes:

But whatever you had clearly didn't qualify on either count. Sounds like it had dried fruit and stuff in it...ugh! A bad fruitcake is awful I quite agree. I'm not sure what you mean by it's a joke though. I'm not a fan of Panettone truth be told, though I do east it - but I don't consider it a joke or 'terrible', merely not a favourite.

Marmite on the other hand, that's the bile of Lucifer...:tongue:

You know, I saw one being made on a TV cooking show the other day and it did look quite tasty. (In fact, the segment was meant to show what a good fruit cake is like). The cake ended up looking moist and delicious. Plus, the thought of nuts in anything makes me giddy.:biggrin:

That's the thing, a properly made fruit cake where the fruit has been marinated for ages and there's a liberal amount of one's chosen tipple and it's cooked properly is a world apart from the mass produced dried out, crumbly rubbish one buys in the shops.

I don't much like nuts so I prefer cakes with them on top.