Doctor visit "problems"...

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This isn't exactly on-topic, but I kinda get a kick out of this video. For the guy who's getting the exam, I wonder what it's like to essentially be a "prop" in a video like this. It looks like he's having a little trouble keeping a straight face when he first gets introduced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwfQ-Sog284

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
This isn't exactly on-topic, but I kinda get a kick out of this video. For the guy who's getting the exam, I wonder what it's like to essentially be a "prop" in a video like this. It looks like he's having a little trouble keeping a straight face when he first gets introduced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwfQ-Sog284

Very Informative..Now I know what to look out for

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll bet your doc has seen a lot of erections and doesn't think a thing about it. Doctors know about these things. Don't worry.
Yes, exactly.
Is this an American healthcare thing? GP's don't do this in the UK. Guys are encouraged to self check their balls when they have a shower rather than see the GP each year to get felt up.
That's a little scary. Yes, learning to do testical self-exams is a good thing, but you cannot give yourself a hernia or prostate screening. If your doctor isn't doing that, he isn't protecting your health.
Well, my doc just checked for hernias ("turn and cough"). I don't remember much fondling, and I was standing with the robe on as he lifted it. Lasted 15 seconds.
Yes, exactly. (And regarding one other post, I have never heard of a doctor doing a hernia screening while the patient was lying down...)
This topic was discussed about a year ago. The fact of the matter is that Doctors are Trained by teaching associates at most medical schools.

The teaching associates are taught to respond to an "unexpected hard-on" with one comment. "Everything appears to be working in a normal fashion." Additionally the student doctors are advised that an excited penis may drip some pre-cum or other normal fluids during the course of a postrate exam or the routine "cough and squeeze" examination.

Of course this is nothing to be ashamed of, or to be feared. I want my body to react to stimulation.
To expand on this just a bit, the doctors are trained to view a mid-examination erection as a part of the exam itself. They don't try to cause an erection, but if one occurs, that's useful information. An additional test result without having to give the test, so to speak.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does anyone know why the doc says "TURN YOUR HEAD" and cough???answer to come later!(I'm a registered nurse)

My guess is that the contraction of the diaphram makes it easier for the doctor to feel the hernia, if there is one. The reason you turn your head is so that you don't cough on the doctor.

Spermy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I chub up when my doctor gives me my physical. Even though I'm gay I can still appreciate beauty in a woman and she is very beautiful. She also has a very gentle way of touching my penis and scrotum that I can't help getting a chubby. I have never gotten a full blown hard on with her, but it was very obvious that I wasn't completely soft.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone know why the doc says "TURN YOUR HEAD" and cough???answer to come later!(I'm a registered nurse)
I'm guessing it's for two reasons: as mentioned above, so you don't cough on the doctor, but more importantly - it tricks some parts of the nervous system to prevent them from "compensating."

My neurologist had me seated on the exam table, and was checking my reflexes. He did the little "hammer-on-the-knee" thing, and repeatedly got no response. He then said, "hold your hands out in front of you, lock your fingers together like so, and pull apart..." and then tapped on my knee again. He got a response. He explained that the brain "compensates" sometimes, and if you distract it, you get a better clinical view.

Of course, both of those are probably wrong. It's probably so that he can stare at your goods without you seeing him staring.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Whenever I get my annual checkup...I ALWAYS get a hard-on when the doctor checks my balls.

It's very embarrasing -for both of us- and he always tries to talk about something to take my mind off of the situation.

Please tell me someone else has this problem!

let's role play....make beleive your doctor is a valued LPSG contributor...say to him what most newbies say to the group...Dr. what do you think of my erection? or perhaps you can ask...Dr. is my dick big or average....? you might even ask..are my balls normal size? or Dr. stop tickling my balls..
here are some more that might put you and the doc at ease...doc what is the longest length of time you have gone without jerking off? what looks better shaved or unshaved? ask these questions of your doctor as he examines your balls..this will stop the anxiety on your part as well as put the doc at ease....

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I remember taking one of my sons for a checkup/physical for school once. He was around 8 or 9 at the time...

My son did was he was told, dropped his pants and before the doctor could turn around <boing>

The doctor just chuckled and said 'well, least we know he is healthy AND alive. He looked down at my son and told him in a very honest voice" you have nothing to be embarrased about, its happened to me before too"

My son told me years later that he always remembered that...

Great doctor- turned what could have been embarrassing into an 'okay' thing.

Relax...I am sure it has happened to many of us before...

Reminds us that we are alive...AND human.

Divine1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I work in a hospital and there are lots of random hardons....by patients and staff....no biggie....well I should say some are potential LPSG members.

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So it its a American thing then? There is no such thing a physical in the UK (thank God). I don't fancy having my balls grabbed and my ass poked by a doctor (thats what the wife is for - lol.)

Is there any evidence behind the annual physical or is it so the Docs can justify charging you/your insurance company a fortune?

Well, when I was taking classes towards being a Nurse Practitioner and doing clinicals, yes - it's routine to check balls as well as the hernia check and prostate exam (here in the US). It's not a thorough exam if it's not done. Sure, men should also do this also. I compare it to the breast exam for women - you do self checks and then you have it done annually by the doctor.

Sugar

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I dread going for a physical. No matter who the doctor is or how I try to distract myself, I get hard the minute they start to fondle my cock. I usually stare at the ceiling and pray that I don’t get an erection but that never works.

Then there’s the prostate exam. Sometimes I think he is spending too much time in there just to aggravate me. My last visit was extremely annoying. He told me the dangers of prostate cancer, increasing with age and regular check-ups were important. It seemed like he was in there much longer than I had remembered and although I have produced a rope of precum in the past, I noticed I was really flowing. He mentioned my prostate seemed a little large but it wasn’t unusual. I don’t know if it was my nervousness or his continued stimulation of my prostate but I tensed up and stated shooting. He pulled out his fingers and casually offered me a paper towel. I cleaned up my cock and wiped the floor. He then told me although my prostate was a little large he was not concerned. I guess being a doctor he sees this all the time. As for me, it’s embarrassing and I wish I had better control.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes Docs see this quite often. The only time you would have to worry about things is if you are str8 and you feel your doctor giving your prostate a massage and at the same time both his hands are on either side of your hips. lol

I dread going for a physical. No matter who the doctor is or how I try to distract myself, I get hard the minute they start to fondle my cock. I usually stare at the ceiling and pray that I don’t get an erection but that never works.

Then there’s the prostate exam. Sometimes I think he is spending too much time in there just to aggravate me. My last visit was extremely annoying. He told me the dangers of prostate cancer, increasing with age and regular check-ups were important. It seemed like he was in there much longer than I had remembered and although I have produced a rope of precum in the past, I noticed I was really flowing. He mentioned my prostate seemed a little large but it wasn’t unusual. I don’t know if it was my nervousness or his continued stimulation of my prostate but I tensed up and stated shooting. He pulled out his fingers and casually offered me a paper towel. I cleaned up my cock and wiped the floor. He then told me although my prostate was a little large he was not concerned. I guess being a doctor he sees this all the time. As for me, it’s embarrassing and I wish I had better control.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I always wank the morning of a physical to take the edge off. Plus, I am usually too nervous for it to happen. I had a doc give me a physical when I was 20. The creep did everything he could to try and get me erect. He had a good time playing with my penis. He did the exam sans gloves.

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my doctor is very, very hot and i have gotten hard when he's given me exams. he is also very cool about things and so it doesn't bother either of us.

blm