Does EVERYONE cheat?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Mr_Cumalot, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Mr_Cumalot

Mr_Cumalot New Member

Albums:
    Serious question.

I am in a relationship, and I love the girl so much, yet I still get girls I knwo try it on, and I have to turn it down and put effort into turning it down. UI'm sure my girl does the same.

Also I have known so many people to cheat, and so many HAPPY couples fuck things up.

I have to ask - Do you think there are ANY couples that do not cheat on each other, or shoud I say BOTH couples are faithful. And by that I mean no kissing, no fucking, no rubbing and NO EMOTIONAL cheating i.e. overly dirty flirting.

OR do you think its human nature to be this way, as long as you treat your partner brulliantly it is fine?

Wjhat do you think?

Would it not be a sickener to stay faithful to youyr partner for many many years only to discover they did not do the same?

2. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

I think at a young age, people dont wanna be tied down and want to explore their options, but do so in an immature fashion, i.e. cheating.

There are those out there who dont though, its not uncommon.

I myself would never cheat. Although its very tempting

3. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was wondering a similar thing. If given the opportunity to be with someone good looking and nice enough, would most people take the chance and cheat and live with the consequences if caught?

I guess what I'm saying is I think there are 2 prerequisites to cheat, the relationship can't be totally great and the person they are cheating with has to be sufficiently hot. I don't think most couples have great sex, so there is always a temptation to cheat with someone if they think the sex would be good.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

It's not human nature. It's a major character flaw.
    I don't cheat. Not everyone cheats, though on this board you would be hard pressed to prove otherwise. :irked:

I wouldn't, but clearly you being a hound dog would. :mad:

I guess what I'm saying is I think there are 2 prerequisites to cheat, the relationship can't be totally great and the person they are cheating with has to be sufficiently hot.
    Hmm, sounds like TMI regarding your previous relationships.:tongue:

5. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    By nature, the human animal is not monogamous. Forced monogamy rarely works. But, monogamy can be achieved through open and honest communication.
    Cheating implies deceit. And the best way to not have deceit: be open and honest. It is easy. And will be easy with the one(s) you really love and care about.

6. andrexx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hard to say. Yes, I think it's entirely possible. But people need to learn RESTRAINT. If you truly loved the person you were with, you wouldn't be dishonest and sleep with someone else.

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Flirting is fun. It's innocent and sort of validating and if it takes nothing away from either partner, it's just fine. And no, I would never cheat.

Rules are set by both partners. I don't judge other people's rules but I live by mine.

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Not everyone does, but some do it effectively and don't get caught.

9. 007baby

007baby Active Member

Albums:
    Before you actually cheat on your mate... you have to make SEVERAL decisions to be unfaithful to get to the point of truly cheating. In other words, no one falls for someone on the spot, especially if you love someone already. So NO to you're original question... not everyone cheats. Emotional cheating comes first... people play with fire before they get burned... and btw, emotional cheating is just as bad if not worse cause that's what leads to falling for someone else AND that's the sneakiest form of cheating while maintaining "innocence." Humans are not necessarily monogamous by nature or vice versa... we are CONSCIOUS to a level that no other species here on earth is and as such we can choose to be whatever we want essentially, BUT in the case of modern day and age social norms and overall well being for the majority of people, HONESTY goes a looooong way, as well as consideration for others and selflessness.

One word to sum it all up: L O Y A L T Y ....which is a BIG part of true love

if you're not ready for it, then stay single and be honest about that when you go out on dates... you still want no strings attached sex... plenty of people who are on that boat, so be with them... once you're ready for true love then settle down with one partner... besides if you're with the right partner and communication and honesty and trust is there... you can always propose engaging in a threesome or whatever... not that I have or would but... anyways...

#9 007baby, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  10. Leche por mi cafe

Leche por mi cafe New Member

Albums:
    Monagomous was brought on by organized religions, not by human nature. We, however, have the ability to be monogamous, however, for the majority of us, it can be an extremely difficult commitment to keep. I have friends that have an open relationship: being able to enjoy the opportunities of which others outside of their relationship can give. I myself was also in an open relationship. Both my ex and I truly enjoyed the openess that occurred during our time together. Being in love and making love with my partner prove my loyalty to our relationship. But, if we were to meet someone (either as a couple or seperately) where there was a mutual interest with the possibilities of having sex with this individual, we would not hesitate the opportunity. After all, it's just sex. My love making was always for my partner. However, in order for this type of relationship to work, needs strong self confidence, open communication, trust. But most of all, keeping the jealousy in check. If you find that jealousy is something that you can not control, then this type of relationship would not work.
    My ex and I were very open with our communication: never kept anything hidden. There were times that we would get so turned on by each others adventures, we would end up in long sessions of love making! Sadly, my ex and I are no longer together: due to a job transfer and one of us was not in the position to pack up and move.

11. jojo54232

jojo54232 Member

Albums:
  12. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    NO. NO cheating. When i am in a solid and happy relationship with lots of great sex it would never occur to me to cheat. Even when in not very good relationships, i have never cheated. I simply end the bad relationship then move on. Cheating is never something i have done nor would even consider.

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    No.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

When I was single my moral compass did not always point due north. However after dating someone who I now love and making a commitment to them I would not cheat. We have made a promise to each other that if we want to sleep with someone else, than we will do it together. For me once you start telling lies to the person you have made a commitment to; you are lying to yourself as well.
    Everyone makes the definition of their relationships together, but if you change the rules with out letting each other know and are going your own way...you might as well be single in my opinion because you don't have to hide anything or tell lies.

15. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I do not think being with one person forever is natural, however, I would never disrespect my partner by cheating on him behind his back.

If I felt the need to be with someone else, even for one night, I would tell him, hope he understood, and return to him because I know where home is. I would extend the same to him - if our relationship is strong, sex with someone else would not break it.

But, I lean toward polyamory and that may be a rare thing. :shrug:

16. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    NudeYorker - that is well stated. Very nice.

17. D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Personally, when I am in a loving relationship I do not feel the need to cheat. I also make a point not to flirt, or to let myself be flirted with - cause once that boulder starts to roll, it can be very difficult to stop.

Two other thoughts about cheating:

1: You can only break a vase once. It can be patched together, but never really fixed.
    2: There are no sexual secrets. Unless you got a deaf mute Czech Chick lined up for a dirty weekend in Prague, people talk, word gets back.

18. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Oh come now...Flirting is something else all together and if done properly has nothing to do with sex. I flirt with everyone, butcher, baker and candlestick maker. I've flirted my way out of speeding tickets, I get a better cut of prime rib, I have a nicer time in general and so does everyone else...Someone who knows how to flirt, knows that flirting has nothing to do with sleeping with someone, unless you want to sleep with someone.

19. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol. i am with nudeyorker on this one. Flirting? NO PROBLEM! flirt like crazy. i love it when the woman i am with flirts her ass off with admiring men. they should flirt with her. She knows what's what to be able to flirt back - and then come home with me.

20. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    No, I do not cheat! I would not take someone as a lover if I felt they needed to explore. When your younger you have your share of superficial and shallow, no strings attached sex. That's fine if you don't mind being second fiddle. Casual sex is just that casual.
    There is a difference from raw sex and real love.

Draft saved Draft deleted