Does it make me a racist if I'm only truly sexually attractive to white guys?

hoodie

Experimental Member
Media
" There are lots of things to consider such as commonality in language, clothing, music, activities, friends, families, etc."

Assuming that people of color will have less "commonality" with you than white people in all of those things you listed is an absolutely ridiculous assumption and pretty racist if you want an honest answer. That's all I have to say.

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just curious:

I mean its just what I'm use to I guess, since in the midwest where I lived before (and grew up lived for like the first 24 years of my life) the only real choices were white, black, and mexican.

I mean I've meet a few latino guys that are cool, but definitely not into cuban, overly spanish guys, I've never really been into black or mexican guys.

And if I was to expect to be in a long term relationship I just think that the chances of it lasting longer would be highly increased if it was with a white guy.

There are lots of things to consider such as commonality in language, clothing, music, activities, friends, families, etc.

So my question is does this make me racist, or a bad person?

I mean I'm not against people of other races, I just don't want to date them or have sex with them in most cases, though there is always the possibility of exceptions to every rule.

most of us have had varying degrees of racist baggage at one time or another. it doesn't make you a bad person as long as you treat everyone with respect.

but, yes, until ALL the barriers fall away, you cannot truly say that you are "over it", and done with the racist baggage forever. at that point it just isn't part of your consciousness anymore (unless someone makes a point about it). at that point all people are just people. unique individuals. and there are, of course, good and bad people of all races.

many, even well intentioned, people who say otherwise are just deluding themselves about it. i grew up in a racially polarized city and i believe i have a good deal of knowledge (from experience) about racists who are/were in denial. hardly anyone will even ask the very astute question you asked in your post. just ASKING the question puts you on the right track, in my opinion.

everyone is attracted to certain types, it's human nature. excluding whole
races IS a kind of baggage, going beyond that can be really liberating and, i believe, opens your soul/mind forever. your long term relationship still ends up being the person you fall for, and they for you, hopefully.

Last edited:

Daddy Lucas

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Tony Award winning musical AVEUNE Q has a brilliant song called "You're a Little Bit Racist"! Listen to it and laugh your ass off. It's brilliant!!! (And no, you aren't a little bit racist)

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Something about what you said is troubling but I don't know if I'd call it full blown racism. You should work on not be so closed minded though.

As for me, I find that I see more attractive white males than I do black males, but I still see black males that I'm attracted to and would give as much of a chance as I'd give a white male or a Spanish, Mexican, Japanese, German, whatever male. Although I might have to rethink the German. Not an attractive language. They sound like Arnold Swharzcyelshfnigger. However you spell his name. I winged it. ('-'; )

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Something about what you said is troubling but I don't know if I'd call it full blown racism. You should work on not be so closed minded though.

As for me, I find that I see more attractive white males than I do black males, but I still see black males that I'm attracted to and would give as much of a chance as I'd give a white male or a Spanish, Mexican, Japanese, German, whatever male. Although I might have to rethink the German. Not an attractive language. They sound like Arnold Swharzcyelshfnigger. However you spell his name. I winged it. ('-'; )

A Freudian slip?....racist

:wink:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not at all. I'm all for equality and everything like that but I only find white girls attractive.

Thanks good to know there's least one person out there who agrees with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I so didn't intend to open such a HUGE can of WORMS!!

One other poster said that being a culturist would be a better word, don't know if that's a real word or not though.

Lets just STOP this thread before it gets even further out of hand, and understand that we are all entitled to our own opinions on this matter, and just need to be respectful of all the different types of people in this world.

And leave it with we all like what we like, and we just need to be open to trying other things if the opportunity comes up and it seems like a good opportunity.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MORE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

I WANT IT TO FADE INTO THE PAGES OF LPSG HISTORY, BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND, AS SOME THREADS ON HERE DO...

Theory

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just curious:

I mean its just what I'm use to I guess, since in the midwest where I lived before (and grew up lived for like the first 24 years of my life) the only real choices were white, black, and mexican.

I mean I've meet a few latino guys that are cool, but definitely not into cuban, overly spanish guys, I've never really been into black or mexican guys.

And if I was to expect to be in a long term relationship I just think that the chances of it lasting longer would be highly increased if it was with a white guy.

There are lots of things to consider such as commonality in language, clothing, music, activities, friends, families, etc.

I mean I'm not against people of other races, I just don't want to date them or have sex with them in most cases, though there is always the possibility of exceptions to every rule.

On some level Matt, yes. Sometimes it takes an outside party to point out incongruencies; I can't help but notice who answered no and who answered yes, but it must be a lot easier to answer 'no' if you've never gotten the shitty end of the stick a few times, I imagine.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nope.i don't think its racist at all. you have preferences and you know what you like and there is nothing wrong with that. i prefer to date women that are naturally blonde with blue or green eyes and that's just what i like. its not racist to have preferences.

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had a black boyfriend for a while. Yet I'm very much (almost exclusively) into white men. In fact, I worry that people might think I'm a self-loather because I am strongly turned off by Arab guys, and I'm ethnically 3/4 Arab. I don't like to tan, and don't understand why people want to get darker. The whiter the better. In fact for the longest time my ideal was a redhead. My life partner is just the opposite from me, and has reddish toned hair. Me likes a lot!

Like the OP I used to wonder what this said about me, about how brainwashed I was in that I followed much of western society in it's praise of the beauty of the white "race". I struggled with it a lot. Yet I now believe that that's just a true preference, and I accept it as is. And if I ever find a racist bone in me, I hope to G-d it gets osteoporosis. Lol.

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't like to tan, and don't understand why people want to get darker. The whiter the better.

Before anyone jumps all over me for what I've posted, I'd like to emphasize that the above is in reference to (sexual) attraction. Tanning is problematic for me on many levels (most notably health), but dark skin (and dicks) do little to entice me.

Last edited:

Theory

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You should have checked the definition of RACIST before posting. Racism has really NOTHING to do with ATTRACTION.....

You're insane. Are you suggesting that you're dictionary definition is more valid than my life experience definition? If so, that's one hell of a dictionary you have. Let's look at the definition of racism though:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race."

Explain to me how discriminating against an entire racial group falls outside of this dictionary definition. It seems as though my life experience and the dictionary disagree with you, kind stranger.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not at all. I'm all for equality and everything like that but I only find white girls attractive.

Thanks good to know there's least one person out there who agrees with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I so didn't intend to open such a HUGE can of WORMS!!

One other poster said that being a culturist would be a better word, don't know if that's a real word or not though.

Lets just STOP this thread before it gets even further out of hand, and understand that we are all entitled to our own opinions on this matter, and just need to be respectful of all the different types of people in this world.

And leave it with we all like what we like, and we just need to be open to trying other things if the opportunity comes up and it seems like a good opportunity.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MORE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

I WANT IT TO FADE INTO THE PAGES OF LPSG HISTORY, BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND, AS SOME THREADS ON HERE DO...

Well-- I wonder if everyone could date everyone, would everyone be happy? I know that I am not sure. I find myself frustrated at times. I don't date many men like I used to.

I really don't like people telling me who I should date. Especially when people think that they are cute and I don't find them attractive. If people don't like me dating who I want, then, they can get a life. Date the people you like.

Someone loves Justin Timberlake. Someone loves 50Cent. But I don't like any of them sexually. But I am of the opinion, there are people that would love to fuck them--I am not interested in them. Everything is gravy...

... People have their clear-cut ideals...but in reality--people aren't as clear-cut. We are the same yet very dynamic individuals. Yet we have these religions. We have laws. We have media infrastructures. Molding public opinions into confined parameters. And if you as a human being fall outside those conventions...you are branded with big Scarlet A and ostracized.

But I may not be able to date people that other people like. I never tell anyone who they should date regarding their race or their gender.

Matt--

I don't think that you opened a can o' worms. Discussion about these things are good. I think that it is better talking than not talking and things getting weird.

I don't care about who dates who. Be happy. That is all that matters.

I don't dictate to people who they should be dating and I don't want anyone dictating to me who I should date (not implying that you did, Matt.)...those were the distinctions I was making.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just curious:

I'm not sure it makes you a racist but if you're living in South Florida, you're going to be running into a lot of peeps who you won't be attracted to. Make sense?

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm. Interesting. I disagree with everyone in this thread.

You clearly aren't racist; however, the phrasing, "I only like whites" is racist (unless you mean you like all whites and no others). (That qualifier doesn't mean "all the people you like are white." It means "you like all white people.")

Everyone needs to realize that you can only consider yourself "not racist" once you entirely stop using race (white, black, Asian, Hispanic, Latino etc.) to define things.