Does nudity = honesty?

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you ever found that you can be significantly more honest with a person simply because you've seen them naked?

In my experience, I feel like that's certainly true in real life, but I also feel it's what makes LPSG such an open and accepting place.

What are your thoughts?

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The mere thoughts of the United States Senate or Congress in the nude. . . .geez I just had my dinner!

Nudity does not equal honesty or the ability to detect dishonesty. There is a medical or psychological condition in which an individual is classified as a "pathological liar". In that condition the individual has zero perception that a lie is wrong and does not recognize the difference. In an individual such as this, the body language would not change and you would see no difference because there is no perceptual difference between the two statements or their authenticity with the individual in question. I often wonder if this medical condition is not a job qualification for the following jobs: Politician, Used Car Sales Position, Real Estate Sales Position, Attorney, and Infomercial Pitch Person.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not suggesting things should now be done in the nude. I was making an observation in hope that others might have had similar experiences.... as long as the nudity was consensual, rather than an awkward moment in the shower.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure that nudity makes you more honest. I think it may remove a few barriers that could prevent honesty, as if you are naked then some of the barriers that come from assuming a person's wealth, job, class and other factors may come down.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes and Serial Killers who get naked with their spouse who has no idea they are out killing multiple people.....i'm sure that nakedness makes them feel alright about that guy. Ya know, he's naked, gotta trust him!

You are putting the idea that when you are naked you have nothing physically to hide, thus in order to get naked, you have nothing psychologically to hide. They are completely unrelated. Nothing remotely similar. You are projecting one onto the other.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Yes and Serial Killers who get naked with their spouse who has no idea they are out killing multiple people.....i'm sure that nakedness makes them feel alright about that guy. Ya know, he's naked, gotta trust him!

You are putting the idea that when you are naked you have nothing physically to hide, thus in order to get naked, you have nothing psychologically to hide. They are completely unrelated. Nothing remotely similar. You are projecting one onto the other.

just to be sure why don't you get naked and play truth or dare with me

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you ever found that you can be significantly more honest with a person simply because you've seen them naked?

In my experience, I feel like that's certainly true in real life, but I also feel it's what makes LPSG such an open and accepting place.

What are your thoughts?

It makes one more open in certain ways. For example, there's no hiding the truth of the body. A man can no longer claim a huge penis or furry scrotum, and a woman can't use a lift bra to make her breasts look firmer.

It also reveals all physical blemishes- scars. No hiding. Once the first step is taken, many will be more open. They may still weave tales though regarding their lot in life or about family. Some people can and will lie even when without a stitch of thread upon them.

D

deleted3782

No...if it was true, then I would have been forced to be significantly honest with everyone in my boarding school. And that would have sucked.

People's reaction to nudity is so relative. For some its natural and no big deal, for others its the sacred chalice from which few (if any) drink.

007Member

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'd say that just because I've seen someone nude; honesty comes easier because of the fact that many barriers are no longer present. Case and point: a group of friends went to the beach a week ago and afterward we all went to the bathhouse/shower place to shower... well so did about 200 other people so we left the girls to shower and the guys went back to my truck to change. We were pressed for time so up went towels in the window and the three guys got in the truck. We all joked about it but i was in the backseat with another friend (jake and i know each other but thats about it.... more of an acquaintance than a friendship). So we looked at each other and said "what the hell.. its cold and all shrunk up so WTF" and we changed all together. Yea we all saw what everyone had... mind that the water was cold and the sand didn't help either.

Now, Jake and I are closer after that experience. He is more open and we hang out more.... In fact we have a double date tomorrow night.....

So Honesty by Nudity... long shot but does happpen.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Coming from a culture where nudity is unusual, into a nude "situation" likely builds artificial ties -- as part of a shared experience, and all that. We associate vulnerability with nudity, and it's only natural to trust someone more if you see a vulnerable side of them.

However, it would makes sense that the context of the nudity should matter -- as in, even for someone who grew up in a clothed culture to be thrust into a nude situation, if he or she plays it off as no big deal, I doubt the nudity would have an effect on honesty. Humans can usually adjust to new conditions quickly. If nudity becomes a non-issue, it probably won't make a difference.

oacliffbuddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Casual nudity does not equate to honesty. But I will share an 'epiphany' life path changing moments I experienced many years ago.

I was on vacation in Greece one year and happened to meet a guy on the island of Mykonos. Naturally we tricked a few times and later went on about our lives. One day he and I decided to go to Super Paradise beach where nudity was accepted. We had a chance meeting with another guy on the little shuttle boat to the beach so he (the new guy) joined us on the beach.

This was my first "nude" experience so it felt a bit odd for about one minute. We all undressed and checked each other out but from that point on for the following 6-8 hours on the beach the nudity really became almost irrelevant and no longer noticeable.

When the day was over, we headed back to Mykonos on the shuttle boat, walked back into town and went our separate three ways.I got cleaned up and took a nap and then headed down the many little alleys to the waterfront. Somewhere there in the maze of walkways I ran into the new guy we met on the ferry. This is where I had the epiphany moment....

He was dressed totally as a punk rocker kid with the spiked hair, black accessories and jewelery. Had I met him in is full regalia, I NEVER would have give him the time of day, yet because he was nude with us on the beach and thus not encumbered with clothing that might have elicited my hostility or prejudices, I had a quality relationship with the guy for the full day. It caused me to stop and think about what my behavior would have been had I met him first dressed like that.

I have never forgotten that simple life lesson and strive to not pass judgment on people on first or even second glance. The old saying Don't judge a book by it's cover is so true and applicable. You never know who you might miss out on meeting when you get tunnel vision and allow yourself to be unduly and unfairly influenced by someone's attire.

Last edited:

nakedone

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I read once that President Lyndon Johnson would take visiting dignitaries into the health club with him and sit naked in the sauna while they were right there. It was suggested that maybe the President was more favorably endowed than visitors from the east, and that he was using a form of intimiditation. I do not know if the story is really true.

But, I do believe that shared nudist does promote honesty. I have been naked with others, men and women, in a variety of settings and I do feel that it is easier to really get aquainted, and drop the artificial barriers, when everyone is equally naked.