Drugs

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By the way Burnside, I recommend a very small dose of DMT for your first experience. If you're going the shaman route, be prepared to throw up from the ayahuasca brew, and get ready for an intense ride. However, if you're going to freebase it, an incredibly small 2-4mg dose will effectively shoot you into an intense LSD/Mushroom trip for about 20 minutes, with effects starting in 6-10 seconds.

I've done about 20mg, and that was far too intense and mind-shattering, although I felt the most intense rebirth and euphoria afterwards, complete with a shocked feeling and giggling. 60mg will shoot you into hyperspace for a NDE. I don't have the balls to try that. Happy tripping, though.

Oh don't worry, I've done my homework - I've read Breaking Open The Head by Daniel Pinchbeck. :wink: It'll most likely be freebased, however. I've been looking to try this drug ever since I picked up the Book of Lies. It's very difficult to get here in Montreal, but a friend finally found a supplier recently, so I'm just getting mentally ready for it. :biggrin1:

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hmmm..
I never did any drugs... ever :rolleyes:

the only drugs I am into now adays are 'performance enhancing'

DJG, energy drinks don't count. :wink: BTW - be careful with those, I hear they make your testes satchel shrink like a frightened gypsy.

ps.. BURNSIDE. leave the dmt alone :)

Why? Do you know something that I don't?

classact1979

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's the worst drug you've done? Acid, I tended to have too little inhibitions.

Any interesting stories? None I would make public. Some things are meant to be kept between only best friends.

Any scary stories? Only that I lost everything financially. Thankfully that's been over 15 years, so things improved.

Interventions? Self, never felt I could turn to someone for help, so handling it on my own was the only way. I moved out to the woods, cut contact with everyone, and cleaned myself up. It was the only way it would work for me.

Current addictions? Internet (Single mom, three kids, full time job, house, etc,etc,etc. not a lot of other options)

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone doing drugs, isn't really looking at life properly. Getting f*cked up in a f*cked up world. Like two wrongs don't make a right, two f*cked up things don't make anything normal. The best you can hope for is to come down safely from the drug abuse and hope it hasn't messed yourself up beyond recuperation/recovery. Otherwise you wind up hurting yourself and worse yet, perhaps another, an innocent bystander ?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone doing drugs, isn't really looking at life properly. Getting f*cked up in a f*cked up world. Like two wrongs don't make a right, two f*cked up things don't make anything normal. The best you can hope for is to come down safely from the drug abuse and hope it hasn't messed yourself up beyond recuperation/recovery. Otherwise you wind up hurting yourself and worse yet, perhaps another, an innocent bystander ?

Thank you for pointing out The Truth(tm), since you obviously know more about me than I do myself.

On a related note: anyone NOT doing drugs is a total sheep and needs to have his or her mind expanded. How's that for a blanket statement?

:rolleyes:

Psychedelics aren't for everyone, but there's an incredibly fine line between coke and LSD.

The one who commented that acid was the "worst" drug they've ever done has their priorities in the wrong order. I'd say if you've ever taken Tylenol or drank liquor, that's worse than LSD. At least acid won't fuck up your liver. LSD, DMT, and Psilo. don't have any major long term changes on the body. The one's who know how to handle and prepare for them mentally, have already taken the first step into safe psychedelic experimentation.

Burnside has taken precautions. He's read literature, is an experienced tripper, and has a clear understanding of what he wants to receive mentally and spiritually from his DMT trip. I wish him the best. Dimethyltreptamine is created in the human brain and secreted at birth and death from the pineal gland, a sacred site of the 7th chakra. The things that happen on it are completely within your soul, and it can be a ridiculously religious and freeing experience. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

That's the main difference. There's too many douchebags who dropped acid or smoked pot because their friends told them to, rather than because they did their own research and decided it was something that would fit in with their lives. If you respect the drugs, they will respect you.

Transformer99, you have to understand that, if you drink alcohol at all, you are already a complete hypocrite and misguided advocate of the war on drugs. I don't think that it's wrong to take drugs at all, it's simply a bad thing if the person can't get through their day without substances.

People who smoke pot and drink everyday (like I used to) are missing something from their lives and need that void filled with psychotropic chemicals. I did not know how to have fun clean and sober, because I wasn't respecting drugs at one point in my use. I began to hurt myself, and my family, and that's where it had to stop. This does not happen to everyone, nor does everyone make it their intent. However, those who are destroying themselves because they just like to get fucked up, are in denial when stating that they don't have a problem. I respect your point of view, but it's skewed.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm the one that said LSD was the worst.

And yes it can fuck you up for life.

Having been on the precipice, with panic attacks before I would sleep for 6 months, and nightmarres for 3 years, I know how close I was to losing my sanity.

I also have a friend, whose brother went up , and never came down. It is a dangerous drug. And anyoen that has done LSD enough times, with enough people, knows, that every now and then, out of the blue, someone goes loopy. I have experienced it in a minor way, and I have had two friends who were experienced users who went looy for a trip, one got hit by a car when he ran out in the street yelling about how he just found the world's best band name ever.

The other was convinced he couldn't breathe, and begged for his friends to call an ambulance, he then proceeded to scream for half an hour until they left.

Both of thee people had done dozens, if not hundreds of hits before.

I have heard about DMT, but I think I do just fine with weed every now and then.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You only listen to hymns that praise god, and wash behind your ears every morning before breakfast. Good boy. You are a good boy, aren't you? Yes, yes, you are... good boy, good boy.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
You took acid while watching Nixon on TV??
Good lord...
Even Hunter S. Thompson wasn't insane enough to do something like that. He just wanted him dead, not with all sorts of swirly colours coming out of Dick's face. :wink:

You got the picture, lad. There seemed to be a cloud of evil around the man's head. His insincerity seemed something you could saw through.
And lissen up, twit :)tongue:) ... Nixon had me under his mind control ... don't you seeeee. And ever since, I've loved Tricky Dickie.

On another note, Senor, I thought it would be funny to tell you that I often play my guitar out of a Soldano SLO-100 Head...All the knobs on it go to 11.
Quite funny, especially, like you said, if you're a fan of Spinal Tap.

I like it, I like it.
Now, please know, man: I'm taking you exactly at your word.
I'm going to give this good news to a very savvy Arts editor I know ... a Spinal Tap freak. He knows from guitar stuff. And if you're shittin' me, boy, my friend Renzo'll be speakin' wid U.:cool:

It's the destruction of the ego and the feeling of oneness with the world that keeps me going back for more. Shrooms are a chewable epiphany.

Very good, burns1e. The class is yours now. I'm vacating the teacher's seat.:cool:

I've done about 20mg, and that was far too intense and mind-shattering, although I felt the most intense rebirth and euphoria afterwards, complete with a shocked feeling and giggling. 60mg will shoot you into hyperspace for a NDE. I don't have the balls to try that. Happy tripping, though.

Man, I've met your kin 600 times. Here's a cyber handshake.:cool:
(Can't believe I'm writing this ... I smoke a joint every two weeks and drink a little table wine ... all day long. [Actually, two glasses a day.] But that's it. I'm retired. I'm busted. I'm daaaayyd.)

"I was gonna clean my room, until I got high"
"I was gonna get up and find the broom, but then I got high"
"My room is still messed up and I know why, because I got high because I..."

u know i luv u,...,, fff. bt will u sht the fck up! were smkn hear.:tongue:

I tripped incredibly hard at Wanee festival watching Gov't Mule and the Allman Bros., and had an insanely good time.

Boy, you're just Mr. Walk-Down-Memory-Lane, ainchuh? Allman Bros., oooh, Allman Bros.
I remember back when I was still teethin' (lyin' to you a bit), and the band put out Whipping Post. Duane was still in one piece and Gregg's voice, in his early 20s, sounded like a 2000-year-old man's.
I had great KEF Concerto units in a Radford Transmission Line enclosure (and still had some hearing, to boot) and we'd crank that sucker up and go for broke, baby.
Yup, that was me ... reeeeally me.
Lord love a duck.:redface:

Dimethyltreptamine is created in the human brain and secreted at birth and death from the pineal gland, a sacred site of the 7th chakra. The things that happen on it are completely within your soul, and it can be a ridiculously religious and freeing experience. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

As a long-time yoga practitioner, I'm a little skeptical about the claims made for the pineal gland, but who knows?
Myself, I would say drugs are a bit trickier than you make out, ampblaster.
I had my innings, but my account above is exaggerated.
I wouldn't judge a bit of playing around in youth, or very occasional partaking throughout life ... but steady drug use certainly screws up the brain metabolism in ways we don't understand and can't predict.
Mind you, I don't doubt that, when push comes to shove, our notions of what is just enough and what is too much are not necessarily all that far apart.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's the worst drug you've done? tramadol and mary-j
What was the problem with Tramadol? I have some on prescription right now.I take a couple before I go for physiotherapy.

I used to do drugs. I had a herion addiction for, oh let's say, more than ten years, it of course ruined my life. I have been clean for more than fifteen years. I don't think anyone here knows this about me.
I wonder how many of you will have less respect,disinterest in talking to me because of this,hmmm?!
Being so honest is a way to earn even more respect in my opinion.
I've never tried heroin but one of my cousins was addicted a long time ago.Like you she's been clean for many years but it wrecked her life at the time.

The stories aren't half as interesting as the druggies who tell them think they are.
A lot of truth in this but I think 'Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas' is pretty funny.Hunter S.Thompson was the inspiration for my choice of headgear in my avatar pic. :smile:

The worst thing I tried was poppers,though it was only the first few seconds I didn't like.I never wanted to repeat the experience.
I've never been addicted to anything.With everything I've tried I can take it or leave it.The intoxicant I use most regularly now is red wine.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only illegal drugs I've tried are pot and hash (a LONG time ago!) They had no effect on me.

The worst effect on me was from alcohol. I even had to go to the emergency room! I also broke my glasses. I was still living with my parents at the time and they were appalled at first, but after I said what really happened, they got suspicious that my "friends" I was with at the time slipped something into my drink. I should not have had that reaction with the amount I drank. I think this is the case, too. (These people are also no longer my friends).

I still drink a little, but not very much. I'm very careful not to leave a drink unattended because of that possibility of someone slipping something into it, and also careful not to drink too much because I remember what my hangovers were like and I NEVER want to go through that again!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh don't worry, I've done my homework - I've read Breaking Open The Head by Daniel Pinchbeck. :wink: It'll most likely be freebased, however. I've been looking to try this drug ever since I picked up the Book of Lies. It's very difficult to get here in Montreal, but a friend finally found a supplier recently, so I'm just getting mentally ready for it. :biggrin1: On a related note: anyone NOT doing drugs is a total sheep and needs to have his or her mind expanded. BULLSHIT! :biggrin1: How's that for a blanket statement? :rolleyes:
You did quite well for someone who is a newbie to making silly absolutes. :tongue: I thought I was the expert in that area. :tongue: I must have missed the previous post where you explained this. What is it you hope to get out of this particular drug experience, that you haven't gotten from the veritable plethora of drugs which you have already done? :confused:

Transformer99, you have to understand that, if you drink alcohol at all, you are already a complete hypocrite and misguided advocate of the war on drugs. I don't think that it's wrong to take drugs at all, it's simply a bad thing if the person can't get through their day without substances.
People who smoke pot and drink everyday (like I used to) are missing something from their lives and need that void filled with psychotropic chemicals. That's what I have come to understand as well. I have a number of friends in recovery and one that is an addictions counselor. I find it a tad bit troubling that so many of the people that I know and like here are habitual drug users. It makes me feel like I don't know the real them. :frown1: I did not know how to have fun clean and sober, because I wasn't respecting drugs at one point in my use. I began to hurt myself, and my family, and that's where it had to stop. This does not happen to everyone, nor does everyone make it their intent. However, those who are destroying themselves because they just like to get fucked up, are in denial when stating that they don't have a problem. I respect your point of view, but it's skewed.
Ampblaster, Thank you so much for giving what I consider to be a rational assessment of the situation for many here.

Looks like I am the only one here whose parents threatened that if I did anything more than drink a beer or a smoke a cigarette I could end up like Karen Ann Quinlan!?!? She went into a coma the week before my 9th birthday. It was big news in the NJ suburbs and the surrounding area; and remained so until she died.:frown1: I know you will probably think it's silly; but she as well as a few cousins and neighborhood kids who OD'd from bad heroin or alcohol poisoning are the reason I never did stronger drugs.

whatireallywant I still drink a little, but not very much. I'm very careful not to leave a drink unattended because of that possibility of someone slipping something into it, and also careful not to drink too much because I remember what my hangovers were like and I NEVER want to go through that again!

You sound a lot like me. :smile:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

People who smoke pot and drink everyday (like I used to) are missing something from their lives and need that void filled with psychotropic chemicals. I did not know how to have fun clean and sober, because I wasn't respecting drugs at one point in my use. I began to hurt myself, and my family, and that's where it had to stop. This does not happen to everyone, nor does everyone make it their intent. However, those who are destroying themselves because they just like to get fucked up, are in denial when stating that they don't have a problem. I respect your point of view, but it's skewed.

Absolutely, I don't drink alcohol, it's a tool in my opinion. Someone always making a buck off it. Recruiting the community for equally miserable lushes to go sit out life on a bar stool. Why is it they need a half naked woman to peddle their goods if it's all that ? And here's another one, go apply for a job @ Budweiser and see how long it takes to get that job, even get called back for a rejection. My motto, not good enough to work there, not good enough to be their customer ! I used to drink in my twenties, sometimes to excess, other times socially & responsibly, but you know what, I reflect back and there really isn't much that I can take positive from the whole experience, other than I wasted a lot of valuable time and money.

Some might say I'm wasting time posting in a forum, then again, if relaying my experiences helps another, I'd say it wasn't a waste of time and that there is some positive exchanges from the activity. Take what I posted as you will, it's my opinion and I respect your's just the same, but I will say, a co-worker's child was killed from a drunk driver in the last week. That was a legal drug abused to excess. Last Christmas, a man was gunned down in the parking lot of my apartment complex not more than 30 feet from my bedroom window in a drug related slaying gone wrong. That Saturday, I couldn't get to my car to go do my own personal business errands as the scene was roped off as the police took evidence. Those are just a few examples of the misery perpetuated by legal and illegal drug abuse. Cause and effect pure and simple. Go ahead, check your local newspaper, if you eliminate just the drug related activities that are reported, the world is still in the crapper, but hey, look at how much misery is eliminated in the process when you remove just those stories from your community ? Most of those are self inflicted doses of misery.

I'm the one that said LSD was the worst.

And yes it can fuck you up for life.

Having been on the precipice, with panic attacks before I would sleep for 6 months, and nightmarres for 3 years, I know how close I was to losing my sanity.

I also have a friend, whose brother went up , and never came down. It is a dangerous drug. And anyoen that has done LSD enough times, with enough people, knows, that every now and then, out of the blue, someone goes loopy. I have experienced it in a minor way, and I have had two friends who were experienced users who went looy for a trip, one got hit by a car when he ran out in the street yelling about how he just found the world's best band name ever.

The other was convinced he couldn't breathe, and begged for his friends to call an ambulance, he then proceeded to scream for half an hour until they left.

Both of thee people had done dozens, if not hundreds of hits before.

I have heard about DMT, but I think I do just fine with weed every now and then.

But you've only proved my point. You couldn't handle it, and neither could your friends. I'm living proof that you can do massive amounts of LSD and still have cohesive thoughts, go to college, work hard, and generally live a normal life.

I've had plenty of anxiety problems before, and after the "acid days". They didn't get worse, or better. The reason someone goes loopy is:

A) They did too much because they thought they could. (Morons who drop 8 hits because they like smoking weed and have done acid once before)

B) They are psychologically unstable to begin with.

I saw a kid trip the fuck out at Wanee. It's on videotape, and I've got a hell of a story to go along with it. Me and my buddies thought he was slipped something, or took a chemical that he wasn't aware of. He was hacking up people's tents with a buck knife, and got arrested while shivering next to a tree and shitting all over himself. Long story short, I wound up meeting the kid that camped with him, and he said that the dude took way too much, and it wasn't the first time he's wigged out.

I've done LSD well over the double digits. I don't have a mental condition, or schizophrenia, or any other type of illness that could be exacerbated by the use of LSD. I've simply learned how to take the trip. Just because you or your friends can't, doesn't mean the stuff ruins everyone's lives.

If that were true, we'd have a lot more evidence TODAY of the THOUSANDS of people in the 60's being unstable psychopaths.

Guess what? They turned into heroin addicts instead. If everyone tried LSD once with the idea of spiritually connecting with their existence, rather than just trying to get fucked up, I believe the world would be a better place. Only when you understand the basics of tripping will you be able to use psychedelics for their intended purpose. LSD and mushrooms did NOT screw up my life, but opiods, tranquilizers, and painkillers sure as hell did.

Take that into consideration.

By the way, I sounded like a complete asshole in that post. That was unintentional.

As for Senor, I have trouble telling if you're being sarcastic or not. But yes, the Soldano is hilarious, and true. They even make a model now that goes to 11 1/2. No lies, check it out.

And the Allmans? Excellent stuff, glad to hear we've got some fans of good ol' jam music on the forum.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have taken over 100 hits of acid/mescalin/mushrooms. All 3 chemicals work basically the same way in the nervous system. They are all large molecules that bridge the gap between synapse endings. The spaces in between are called synaptic clefts.They short circuit the receptors in the synaptic clefts used for serontonin.

I stopped using it years ago. But when I used it I never had a bad trip or a psychotic episode. I have seen people that have had psychotic episodes and bad trips. But for the most part these people were emotionally unstable (at the time) to begin with. The psyllicybin/mescalin/lysergic acid dyethalamide exaccerbated the emotional instability. Serontonin is a neurotransmitter that influences hunger and sleep.

Heroin addiction is caused by our bodies inability to produce its own endorphines. Enpdorphines are neurotransmitters that our body produces as a natural pain killer. Opiates introduced into the body replace our own endorphines and our body reacts by producing less of its own. This is why heroin/opiate addiction has such intense and acute withdrawal symptoms.

It is said that nicotine addiction is worse than heroin addiction. This is because the withdrawal effects are long term, mild and nagging. Whereas opiate addiction withdrawal is short term, acute and intense. People die from alcohol withdrawals alone. People do not die from heroin addiction unless there are other contributing factors like diabetes or high blood pressure.

Amphetamines run the gammut from coffee to speed. Caffeine is a mild amphetamine. Crystal meth or the non-presciption form of speed is the strongest. Amphetamines cause dopamine (another neurutransmitter) to be released in higher than usual quantities. They cause a state of europhoria, excitement, increased heart rate and blood flow (vassal dialation). Their side effects are lack of sleep and hunger.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Burnside has taken precautions. He's read literature, is an experienced tripper, and has a clear understanding of what he wants to receive mentally and spiritually from his DMT trip. I wish him the best. Dimethyltreptamine is created in the human brain and secreted at birth and death from the pineal gland, a sacred site of the 7th chakra. The things that happen on it are completely within your soul, and it can be a ridiculously religious and freeing experience. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

Amen, brother. While I would be lying if I said I was always THAT careful with new drugs, being informed is a very good thing indeed. Knowledge truly is power.

Very good, burns1e. The class is yours now. I'm vacating the teacher's seat.:cool:

I'll keep it warm for you. :up:

As a long-time yoga practitioner, I'm a little skeptical about the claims made for the pineal gland, but who knows?
Dr. Rick Strassman does. :biggrin1: Ampblaster is right though - dimethyltryptamine, in humans, is indeed produced by the pineal gland, which is located between both hemispheres of the brain. It is produced en masse during intense experiences, as in near-death experiences, and during R.E.M. sleep.

A lot of truth in this but I think 'Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas' is pretty funny.Hunter S.Thompson was the inspiration for my choice of headgear in my avatar pic. :smile:

So what, are you bald as well under there? :wink:

What is it you hope to get out of this particular drug experience, that you haven't gotten from the veritable plethora of drugs which you have already done? :confused:

Nothing. Anything. Absolute illumination. Dark questioning. I'm more into this for the experience itself. Not all drugs are the same, NJQT. You won't get the same trip from shrooms than you will from rum or from hash or from Special K or whatever else. A new drug is a new experience (or a bunch of them). This is VERY difficult to explain to someone who has never had a psychedelic experience.

That's what I have come to understand as well. I have a number of friends in recovery and one that is an addictions counselor. I find it a tad bit troubling that so many of the people that I know and like here are habitual drug users. It makes me feel like I don't know the real them. :frown1:
I'll take for granted that you include me in this... I really, really, REALLY wish people would stop judging me and others like me (ie. 'drug users') on this... Just because I use drugs doesn't mean I'm not the real me on here, or anywhere else, or that I am less than a so-called 'normal' man, or that you should feel sorry for me or whatever. I'm not saying you're thinking all of that, but quite frankly, from the 'tone' of your post (especially the part above), it would indicate so. I've heard that too many times already... From personal experience, I can tell you that the 'normal' people are usually the most fucked up, disingenuous and hypocritical persons I've ever seen. Addicted to antidepressants but feeling good about it because The Man says it's okay to take them, a lot of them tend to be walking contradictions, secretly loathing and even envying our choices and our free-spirit, those people tend to live boring, safe and meaningless existences. I might not find God using psychedelics but hey, at least I'm trying, I'm doing something.

Ahh, that felt good to get off my chest. :wink:

Looks like I am the only one here whose parents threatened that if I did anything more than drink a beer or a smoke a cigarette I could end up like Karen Ann Quinlan!?!?
No, I got the same brainwashing from my folks (well, my mom - daddy wasn't really there to do any upbringing per se, you see), but I was uncontrollable. Tell me 'this is off limit' and I'll be the first one to jump over the gate. Tell me not to try this new drug, and I'll be heading to headshops asking about it and seeking it out. Same thing.
She went into a coma the week before my 9th birthday. It was big news in the NJ suburbs and the surrounding area; and remained so until she died.:frown1: I know you will probably think it's silly; but she as well as a few cousins and neighborhood kids who OD'd from bad heroin or alcohol poisoning are the reason I never did stronger drugs.
Part of the fun of this is living for yourself and discovering new ways of thinking and experiencing life. Some people like to bungie jump, others like to sail around the world in a small boat, others like to try psychedelics drugs, others do all of it.

Here's a good rule of thumb: when the government tells you to do something, try the opposite, instead. :wink:

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If everyone tried LSD once with the idea of spiritually connecting with their existence, rather than just trying to get fucked up, I believe the world would be a better place. Only when you understand the basics of tripping will you be able to use psychedelics for their intended purpose. LSD and mushrooms did NOT screw up my life, but opiods, tranquilizers, and painkillers sure as hell did.

Take that into consideration.

VERY wise words, amp. This cannot be stressed enough.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But you've only proved my point.

What point?

I don't have a mental condition, or schizophrenia, or any other type of illness that could be exacerbated by the use of LSD. I've simply learned how to take the trip. Just because you or your friends can't, doesn't mean the stuff ruins everyone's lives.
Did I say that?

You missed my chart, I Actually had acid rated as a 3 for enjoyability, above DXM. DXM really sucked, (15 minute caffiene type buzz, 1-2 hour anxiety attack) but acid is dangerous. It's danger should not be downplayed.

I have heard "set and setting" before, by burners and hippies....

...but imagine being 19, bored, a bit of weed, and then someone says, hey, I know where I can get some acid!

It's not like they are going to say, "wait, lets see how Leary recommends we enjoy our high"