• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Earthquake!

exwhyzee

Gold Member
Reaction score
East coast USA: Did you feel the earth shake today?

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Reaction score
At first I thought a really big truck had gone by. Turns out earthquake.

monel

Sexy Member
Reaction score
According to reports it was experienced in Boston but I felt nothing.

tbrguy

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
TV news in UK saying 5.8 earthquake in Virginia - government/parliament buildings in Washington evacuated.

exwhyzee

Gold Member
Reaction score
It was strong enough here in North Carolina to cause mild alarm. That was my first quake...

B_curiousme01

Banned
Reaction score
Yes! Wow! It lasted for quite a while. I lived in L.A. for five years or so and I knew what it was happening. I kept waiting to feel the really big rolls and sideways jerking! It was more like a really long rumble with a bump or five. My heart is thundering still.

I hope no one was seriously injured or that we don't have any nuclear concerns! Wow!

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Reaction score
It was strong enough here in North Carolina to cause mild alarm. That was my first quake...

It was me.. I had morning sex and had a powerful orgasm... :tongue:

seriously, I have been awakened at night with tremors of a quake that went through Tennessee....a few years back.

Reaction score
I am only hearing about this now, so I had to look it up on our local news. I was taking a nap and I felt something that startled me and the pull chain on a floor lamp was tinging against the post. My first thought was that some animal got into my house and jumped on the bed, even though that has never happened before.
I think that was my first experience with one.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Reaction score
def felt it here in nyc. i have been thru one in LA, so i quickly knew what was going on. people here, especially those who work down town are shaken up a bit (def no pun intended). it was def weird. some phone lines are out.

SilverTrain

Gold Member
Reaction score
awww the east coast got a lil quake...thats cute :laughing::tongue22:

Not little enough to be condescendingly treated. As a veteran of decades of California quakes, I can say that this one was a fairly healthy "roller", with a surprisingly significant duration and a healthy amount of structure shake.

CUBE

Gold Member
Reaction score
5.9...in CA, we call that just plain silly. (But glad the east coast is fine)

vince

Gold Member
Reaction score
Website
www.XTube.com
CNN just cut away from the live coverage of the storming of Gaddafi's fortress, to bring us a breathless telephone report from Wolf Blitzer telling how he rode out the quake which at first he thought was caused by some construction workers on the upper floors. Apparently, he was hustling on down to his "Situation Room" (is it in a bunker?) to fill us in on the latest developments. From the live shots they showed, the White House and Capitol were still standing.

I switched it back to Al Jazeera.

vince

Gold Member
Reaction score
Website
www.XTube.com
A 5.9 can be a significant quake if the geology is right. If there is a lot of alluvial soil instead of bedrock, the shock waves can travel very easily and further, and be amplified. I think. Is there a geologist in the room?

wags

Banned
Reaction score
Condo shook in Toronto too. Big enough quake.

BoxersguyNJ

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
here in Jersey I was watching TV and all of a sudden the TV sharted shaking , it almost fell of the wall and the light fixtures were shaking back n forth our cell phones were not working either it is my first time experiencing after shocks everybody in my neighborhood were running outside of their houses

SilverTrain

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am tempted to lmao or even rotflmao but knowing how much you hate that stuff, SilverTrain - as do I, truth be told - I will just say "touche!"

Ooh, I like that Frenchy stuff, for sure. So classy and hifalutin! Well done, sir!

exwhyzee

Gold Member
Reaction score
A 5.9 can be a significant quake if the geology is right. If there is a lot of alluvial soil instead of bedrock, the shock waves can travel very easily and further, and be amplified. I think. Is there a geologist in the room?

I am not a geologist but I play one at parties and you are correct, the earth's crust here is old and cold, which results in the efficient transmission of energy...which is why the temblor was felt through such a broad portion of the country.

I've lived here most of my 188 years, and as I said earlier, this was my first quake.

Now if we can just avoid locusts and that pesky hurricane...

monel

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Ooh, I like that Frenchy stuff, for sure. So classy and hifalutin! Well done, sir!

Is there a better word than "hifalutin"? It sounds like an expensive cologne. "Hifalutin by Yeardly. For the sophisticated gentleman ... and his amore".

Mensch1351

Expert Member
Reaction score
In the only other State that begins with "K"!

This is exactly what the geological expert on MSNBC said that for the East Coast -- this is signficant. My son in Cincinnati called me and said his wife had called and said the blinds in her office were shaking back and forth!! The quake was felt as far away as Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Toronto & Chicago! (and they've "downgraded" it to a 5.8) Evidently there may be some structural damage to the central pillar of the National Cathedral!

thirteenbyseven

Gold Member
Reaction score
Attention please: you can't have an earthquake without Lucy!!!! East Coast Quake Unlikely, But No Surprise | NBC Los Angeles

Dr. Lucy Jones over at Cal-Tech is a Southern California treasure. She burst on the scene around the time of the 1987 Whittier Narrows earthquake (ironically measured at 5.9 as well) and has been entertaining us ever since. I really think her orgasms generated from earthquake lectures exceed the pleasure she derives from any hetero or lesbian sex. :biggrin1: