empirical average size

The stats show that among all men of all ethnic backgrounds the average is about 5.5". BUT when we remove the ethnic small (asian,latinos) and large (Middleeast, Africa) the average then jumps to 6.25" So if your white European and you got a 5.5, well your small. I,m of English heritage and mine is 7.50 BPE with a girth of over 7".
 
I think 6.5 x 5. But I have only seen a handful of white men naked and erect, so I don't know how that might change as ethnicities change, or seeing the erections of men who aren't so willing to whip it out in front of you.
 
From what I've seen, it's probably closer to a smidgeon under 6"...maybe 5.5-5.8"ish.

Although it seems to me that it's easier to find a penis like;
7x6 or 6x5, a penis where the length and girth aren't that far apart, where I find it pretty hard to find a penis that's more like 8x5.5, or 5x6.5, where the two (length girth) are further apart, but that might just be me.
 
... So if your white European and you got a 5.5, well your small. I,m of English heritage and mine is 7.50 BPE with a girth of over 7".

So if "my white European and I got a 5.5, well I'm small" ??? I don't think I can follow that.

Besides, I don't think the OP was asking us to throw out Asians, Latinos, Africans and those from the Middle East. He was asking what in our experiences seemed average, and I've experienced all races.
 
well, I'm actually interested in white average. But answering about other races too is even better. I wasn't interested in general average, I should have mentioned that.

But, isn't white average the same as general average, giving that blacks are bigger as much as Asians are smaller? (assuming the same number of them :) )
 
...point of this thread is to determine whether real life experience reflects what studies says...

In this scenario, where the sample population is inevitably going to be selective (few people fuck at random) observations are subject to confirmation bias (as you can see on this forum, a fetish for large penises exists, which is likely to skew perception) and where the data is largely obtained by guesswork (I can't believe that more than a fraction of those claiming to have encountered a number of penises of ludicrous proportions actually measured them properly) drawing conclusions from this sort of personal experience is flawed at best and near-useless at worst.


...and if not, to talk about the reasons why not.
The reasons why this would be are perfectly clear. I've covered most of them above.

If the surveys were all at odds with each other; or were all conducted by sources that lack credibility; or if none of them published their methodology, or that methodology was demonstrably flawed, there might be some point to this exercise. However that is not the case. There are numerous surveys, conducted at different times, in different countries, by organisations ranging from academic institutions to national armies, all of whom have found results that are remarkably close. NONE have ever arrived at an average figure for penis length close to the 7" that has been ludicrously claimed on this thread, even bonepressed.

Still, I guess that won't stop anyone believeing what they want to believe.
 
Last edited:
i tent to believe condom company surveys. they spend millions to produce condoms so their surveys cant be wrong. if they say 5.5 is the average, then thats what i ll believe in and from what i read here, it seems that i am right in what i believe.
 
The stats show that among all men of all ethnic backgrounds the average is about 5.5". BUT when we remove the ethnic small (asian,latinos) and large (Middleeast, Africa) the average then jumps to 6.25" So if your white European and you got a 5.5, well your small. I,m of English heritage and mine is 7.50 BPE with a girth of over 7".
I highly doubt this is true.

If you take out the small and the large, you are left with the middle. And for the middle to jump up that much would mean that the small is on average SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the average.

If 5.5" is average of ALL
and 6.25" is average without the alleged extremes
then you would need to have 7" be the large "average" and 3.25" to be the small "average" in order to bring the average of ALL to 5.5".

If 7" isnt the large average and is instead larger (say 7.5"), then you have to decrease the small "average" proportionately (to 2.75").

Even if that is the case, that is bordering on cherry picking.

Basically, youre full of shit.
 
Most guys kid themselves into believing their erect penis is bigger than it really is. Most erections range about 5.5 inches - 6 inches and generally not that thick, roughly about 4.5 inches. I love to state I was 7 inches but the truth l'm not.
 
i tent to believe condom company surveys. they spend millions to produce condoms so their surveys cant be wrong. if they say 5.5 is the average, then thats what i ll believe in and from what i read here, it seems that i am right in what i believe.

In fact it's possible that the condom company surveys have slightly exaggerated average size, owing to the fact that participation in their surveys was voluntary. It's possible that men who perceive themselves to be small tended to avoid volunteering.

There are studies that have found an average even lower than 5.5" bonepressed. IIRC either the Israeli Army or the Indian Army survey arrived at a figure of less than 5.5" stretched flaccid bonepressed length, which is often slightly longer than erect bonepressed length. They also failed to find any penises longer than about 7.5" (I forget the exact figure). I'm not suggesting that there are no penises bigger than this, because such penises have been recorded in other surveys, but it does demonstrate how rare penises significantly above the survey averages are found in reality.
 
i tent to believe condom company surveys. they spend millions to produce condoms so their surveys cant be wrong. if they say 5.5 is the average, then thats what i ll believe in and from what i read here, it seems that i am right in what i believe.

Condom companies know that only small guys use condoms.

Small guys - the 5.5"ers - ask their girlfriends for sex, and the women say "sure, but you gotta use a condom".

Women who are with normal sized or bigger guys - say 7" or so and up - want it raw. Or they'll accept it raw, 'cuz they want it regardless.

You know it's the truth.
 
Condom companies know that only small guys use condoms.

Small guys - the 5.5"ers - ask their girlfriends for sex, and the women say "sure, but you gotta use a condom".

Women who are with normal sized or bigger guys - say 7" or so and up - want it raw. Or they'll accept it raw, 'cuz they want it regardless.

You know it's the truth.

No survey ever conducted by any credible institution has found 5.5" to be small. All the credible evidence suggests that it's firmly average.

It's difficult to know if you're being serious, or whether you are mocking the fantasists by making a ridiculous assertion to highlight just how deluded they really are.
 
From my personal experiences of guys who I didn't know how big they were going to be before I saw them erect. I would say that the average is around 7 inches. The first three were high school jerk off buddies. The last four were my first gay sex partners.

Friend 1: 7x5 inches
Friend 2: 6.5x5.5 inches
Friend 3: 8x6.5 inches

Sexual Partner 1: 7 x 5
Sexual Partner 2: 6 x 4.5
Sexual Partner 3: 8 x 6
Sexual Partner 4: 7 x 5

Not sure why all the guys ive been with were hung but my friend once told me average could be bigger because most guys that show up to these penis size measurement meetings are guys who are small and want to find out more infomation about dick size.

Let's say there are 2 guys....

Guy A has a 5 inch dick and has noticed that most guys are bigger than him in the locker room and maybe has even noticed that his girlfriend doesnt seem to be really into him during sex.

Guy B has a 8 inch dick and has noticed that he is much bigger than everyone else in the lockeroom at the gym. His girl friend always says how huge he is and his sex is great.

Now which of the two guys is more likely to show up for a penis size study where a doctor will measure your cock?

The Small Guy. Why? Cause he knows something isnt right. He has read his whole life that size matters, even if it isnt true and he wants answers. Is he small? Can he change this? Do the pills even work? These are questions that a DOCTOR can answer and questions that can be answered if he went to the size survey. Any hey, its anonymous so why not...?

The big guy on the other hand knows he is OK below the belt. He may think size doesnt matter but to him it sure doesnt hurt! If your the big guy... why do you go to the survey?

And the same goes for online surveys. Small guys surf the web to learn about average size.. big guys more often know they have what it takes. Why waste their time?
 
Last edited:
From my personal experiences of guys who I didn't know how big they were going to be before I saw them erect. I would say that the average is around 7 inches. The first three were high school jerk off buddies. The last four were my first gay sex partners.

Friend 1: 7x5 inches
Friend 2: 6.5x5.5 inches
Friend 3: 8x6.5 inches

Sexual Partner 1: 7 x 5
Sexual Partner 2: 6 x 4.5
Sexual Partner 3: 8 x 6
Sexual Partner 4: 7 x 5

Not sure why all the guys ive been with were hung but my friend once told me average could be bigger because most guys that show up to these penis size measurement meetings are guys who are small and want to find out more infomation about dick size.

Let's say there are 2 guys....

Guy A has a 5 inch dick and has noticed that most guys are bigger than him in the locker room and maybe has even noticed that his girlfriend doesnt seem to be really into him during sex.

Guy B has a 8 inch dick and has noticed that he is much bigger than everyone else in the lockeroom at the gym. His girl friend always says how huge he is and his sex is great.

Now which of the two guys is more likely to show up for a penis size study where a doctor will measure your cock?

The Small Guy. Why? Cause he knows something isnt right. He has read his whole life that size matters, even if it isnt true and he wants answers. Is he small? Can he change this? Do the pills even work? These are questions that a DOCTOR can answer and questions that can be answered if he went to the size survey. Any hey, its anonymous so why not...?

The big guy on the other hand knows he is OK below the belt. He may think size doesnt matter but to him it sure doesnt hurt! If your the big guy... why do you go to the survey?

And the same goes for online surveys. Small guys surf the web to learn about average size.. big guys more often know they have what it takes. Why waste their time?


I think there is a lot of truth to what you say. I think a lot of guys with 6.5 - 8 inch dicks don't really measure from the bone or don't bother to even measure accurately at all....they look down and see "about 6 inches" but you add 1 inch from the bone press and another .5 to 1 inch for just being modest...you go from 6 to 8.

Really...on Adam4Adam....I would say half the guys are at least 7 inches....many 8 inches and above and they have pics that back it up.

I see ads on Craigslist where the title says "looking for smaller dick" and when you read the details it says.."looking for guy with a 6 inch dick."

Really, a 5 or 5.5 inch dick in the gay community is considered small, not average.
 
I think there is a lot of truth to what you say. I think a lot of guys with 6.5 - 8 inch dicks don't really measure from the bone or don't bother to even measure accurately at all....they look down and see "about 6 inches" but you add 1 inch from the bone press and another .5 to 1 inch for just being modest...you go from 6 to 8.

Really...on Adam4Adam....I would say half the guys are at least 7 inches....many 8 inches and above and they have pics that back it up.

I see ads on Craigslist where the title says "looking for smaller dick" and when you read the details it says.."looking for guy with a 6 inch dick."

Really, a 5 or 5.5 inch dick in the gay community is considered small, not average.
Well the majority is less than mine, and mine isn't 7.
For the many 8" and above, we didn t see many of them in the topic to show a real 8"-er or plus on this board.
But like you say :
"they look down and see "about 6 inches" but you add 1 inch from the bone press and another .5 to 1 inch for just being modest...you go from 6 to 8."
 
There's also something that must be incorporated into consideration here (that even the "empirical statistics" seem to leave out): how tall are these guys in your samples? (fournineteenfiftynine, as you have quite a nice-looking list of guys right there, perhaps this question would apply especially to you.)

See, I have a medium-small dick at 5 inches. (I'm merely here as a supporter. lol!) But, I'm a pretty small guy barely bigger than 5 ft. 3'. Now, a guy who I know is 6 feet has about a 7(.5) inch dick, but guess what? From a spatial perspective, his dick looked pretty scaled to size. In other words, if I were his size, my dick would be around half an inch shorter or longer, if not almost exactly his size in length and girth.