Eureka! Gold GOLD

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gold $656/oz

If there was an mindboggling mother load of motherload's gold discovery in say Alaska would you drop everything and go pan for gold? Would you leave your life behind and set out for adventure and the possibility of becoming filthy rich?

Would you go if you heard stories of people reaping millions from panning for one or two months?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They call it gold fever, which has ruined many lives, once the fever sets in it wont let go. Don`t test yourself it`ll beat you everytime. Besides i`d rather look for spanish dablooms on the beach with my metal detector in the caralina`s anywhays, the best time to get out there is right after a hurricane slams through, some pieces are worth as much as 10 thousand dollars.

lafever

Hell yes I'd go!

I'd rush up there fast as possible and set-up a prospector supply store and saloon. Just call me Swejin!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not unless I could figure out how to immediately cash in on the real estate, as opposed to the gold.
I like how your mind works! :smile:

Gold $656/oz
If there was an mindboggling mother load of motherload's gold discovery in say Alaska would you drop everything and go pan for gold? No. I am way to pragmatic and I have a tendency to over think things. Would you leave your life behind and set out for adventure and the possibility of becoming filthy rich? Absolutely Not.

Would you go if you heard stories of people reaping millions from panning for one or two months? Nope, but I might go into business with Jason_els. :biggrin1:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good luck getting the land from someone who already owns it, beaches are free to the public, try diging on someones land and see what happens. I have to get permission from land owner just to metal detect, you can imagine what they`d say about holes in their yards that are big enough to climb in.

lafever

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you ever seen that old western where they dig under the whole town to get the gold dust that falls between the floor cracks in the saloons and brothels? The whole town ends up sinking into the earth. lol.

lafever

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you ever seen that old western where they dig under the whole town to get the gold dust that falls between the floor cracks in the saloons and brothels? The whole town ends up sinking into the earth. lol.

lafever

Gold dust that leveled a town. Is that a real movie or a country western song?

Wow, not too many adventerous fortune seekers out there huh? Yeah, I was a skeptic too but this weekend I went panning for gold with a geologist friend of mine and we discovered some "gold" dust in a tributary. We are getting it tested today. It is a very small amount but wow.

I have heard of a river in South Africa where it empties into the ocean where diamonds are so plentiful they can be picked up like pebbles on the river bed. It is heavily guarded by the DeBeers family with armed guards and all but it is a quite well known spot.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Get a metal detector, there are gold nuggets all over the desert out west and they`re only a few inches deep, ask yourself this, why would you want to spend all day panning when you can find a big nugget in just a few hours? You wouldn`t believe the stuff you`ll find specially in europe, in augsburg germany i found a 3 carrot ruby ring that was 18k gold in my front yard, it was 8 inches deep in the ground, i gave it to my mother and as far as i know she still has it, it`s some kind of antique as well. Also i found some ancient chines coins with holes in them that were 10 inches down. As far as a good metal detector goes, you get what you pay for. The one i`m currently useing now when i go detecting is the White`s classic II.

lafever

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Though I have heard Alaska is beautiful and would love to visit one day, apparently I don't need to go to Alaska for gold. I just need a decent metal detector and to drive cross county a bit. :smile: The Stockmar Gold Mine was never tapped out.

Villa Rica, GAis a unique place in space and time. The land, people and events of Villa Rica’s history have combined to create a distinct heritage. This heritage is reflected in the built environment surrounding us daily. Villa Rica retains much of its historic character, defined by mid-nineteenth to midtwentieth century residential, commercial, and institutional buildings and archaeological sites.

HISTORIC CONTEXT

Around 1826, farmers and gold miners began to settle on a ridge dividing the waters of the Tallapoosa River and Sweetwater Creek. The first gold miners to this area were from Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. William Hix built a tavern and general supply store on what became Main Street. The settlement was called Hixtown. The city was incorporated in 1830. One mile south lay a tract of land known as Chevestown, owned by Allison Cheves. By 1832 Hixtown had over 2,000 residents, or 60% of young Carroll County’s population. 300 men were working in the mines. Gold lots were $500 per acre, compared to $2 per
acre for land elsewhere in the county. There were at least 19 active gold mines, including a number of English mining companies, the Southern States Mining Company, the Boston and Kennesaw Mines and the Klondyke Mines (Map 2).

In 1882 the Georgia-Pacific Railroad was extended through the area. Residents of Hixtown rolled houses and stores on logs pulled by horses to relocate near the railroad. New houses and businesses were also built in the area, and the residents of Hixtown and Chevestown decided to establish a new town along the railroad. Villa Rica, as the
new town was named, translates to “city of gold” in Spanish.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alaska sadly does not have Nevada's enlightened attitude.

Or a gold rush. however, if there were one, and you, Ms. Jersey, and I were up there raking in the dough, we'd get some highly paid, highly skilled lobbyists in there and do whatever wee want. Or buy the cops. Whchever.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heh, that's like how Levi Strauss became rich: Selling denim jeans to the miners in the 1849 California Gold Rush.

Good post, Speedo. I think the guys name who found the gold at Sutters Mill was named Marshall but he is just a footnote. I was about to post just that.

Anyone heard the name Guggenheim like the Guggenheim Museum in New York? that family made its fortune smelting ore in Colorado, Leadville in particular to become one of the largest philanthropic families ever.

Miners go broke. Supplying miners is the way to riches.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you ever seen that old western where they dig under the whole town to get the gold dust that falls between the floor cracks in the saloons and brothels? The whole town ends up sinking into the earth. lol. lafever

Paint Your Wagon, 1969, it's a musical with Lee Marvin, well worth watching.