Get a life!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If you can persuade people that you can add value and then deliver upon your promise, you won't fail.

There are lots of other pitfalls along the way, but that is the first step ime.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Whoa, almost the same thing at the same time. Amazing!
You know what they say about great minds and fools ex!

How did you overcome the fear of failure, vince?
Actually trying and failing and seeing that failure is not the end of the world. It's allowed if you'll let it be. I mean don't be foolish or take large risks you can't afford financially or emotionally. But I do think the first step is the biggest and hardest and that fear thing is what holds many people back. Fear of embarrassment, fear of being wrong, fear of be turned down and told "NO". I realized when I was 20 that the fear of asking, for a job, for a loan, for help or whatever, was holding me back and that the worst answer they could give was, "No thank you" and that it really didn't hurt me a bit. In fact it was their loss!

I'm not Vince,
You wish.. :cool:

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i don't know if i have anything particularly wise to say,

but for me getting a life has involved letting go of some serious deep-seated fears.
fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of being alone.

indulging in joy where i can find it, because that usually fosters more joy.

and i've realized that regular purging is necessary, and i don't mean in the eating disorder way. i mean in the getting rid of everything that's stale in my life way.

learning to enjoy saying no just as much as i enjoy saying yes.

and finally...doing my best to remove, banish, annihilate and laugh into oblivion any jinx. no matter how long it seems it lasts. and even if i become accustomed or addicted to its ugly companionship.

*sends hugs across the sea to c_a