Gingrich hypocrisy

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oki,

People like our former speaker are why so many of you probably say you hate Christians and conservatives. This is the man who left his first wife for another congressional aide while she was in the hospital having a hysterectomy. At least he is consistant. He makes me want to puke. He is probably only apologizing now because he thinks it may clear the path for him to run for something in the future. I am so sorry that so many evil people are walking around using Gods name.

See, this is why AA wisely declines to have spokespeople. People are fallible, and can't be held responsible for exemplifying principles of perfection. The problem isn't that these men are evil- it's that they're normal! Right now, one of your neighbors is hitting his kid, someone's arguing with his wife, some wife is wondering what her feelings for her husband's sister really mean, and everyone is worried about money! This is just NORMAL.

A man cheats on his wife, and a wife cheats on her husband all the time. Like many other things they'll encounter in a lifetime, they can often work through it, if everyone else will just mind their own business. This is what bothers me about "holier than thous"- they're NOT holier, they're not worse, they're exactly the same. The only difference is they lie, and how is that better?

If anyone's ever wondered why I piss and moan about staying grounded on reality, realistic truth- this is why. False images are idols, and I don't worship idols. No human being I know of is MY example of how I should live. I want my corrupt government out of my personal life!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously. Who are these women who have a fetish for old, chubby, evil politicians?

Chris Rock did a funny skit about why Newt wasn't having an affair, it went something like "Ain't no bitches trying to give old Newt some. It ain't like he's saying "Back on up off me bitches, let a player play!"

Never underestimate the allure of wrinkled white fat, eh?

I'm going to give Obama a try if he gets far enough. I'm just sick to death of ALL the career politicians. I figure the worst he could do is be inept, which is better than inept AND ill-intentioned. He doesn't appear to be greedy.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Technically the impeachment was not about the sex acts.
It was about lying about it under oath. Perjury.
Technically, true. But let's keep on talking "technically," for a moment - why was he being asked about his sex life during a grand jury investigation of his supposedly shady land deals? His inquisitor's official title was "Whitewater Special Prosecutor,", not "Blowjob Special Prosecutor." To date, no one has given me a good explanation of how that came about.
Yea, he flip-flopped a little bit. But people evolve and their points of view change as they age and grow more mature. It's understandable to an extent. Honestly, I would be suspicious of someone who remained completely firm in the same position for decades.
For some odd reason, that makes a phrase keep echoing in my mind, "Stay the Course!" Mr. Bush steadfastly refuses to modify his odd little world view, even when presented with information that would seem to require it.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Technically, true. But let's keep on talking "technically," for a moment - why was he being asked about his sex life during a grand jury investigation of his supposedly shady land deals? His inquisitor's official title was "Whitewater Special Prosecutor,", not "Blowjob Special Prosecutor." To date, no one has given me a good explanation of how that came about.

That's a pretty good example of hypocrisy. Start one investigation and when nothing sticks, keep trolling until something unrelated, yet embarassing, turns up.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it just me, or is anyone else just amazed the n00t found someone to fuck? Ewwww.
I'll have you know I would have done him willingly--of course that was when I was drunk and I was going at it with anyone who wasn't on a life support machine.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's a pretty good example of hypocrisy. Start one investigation and when nothing sticks, keep trolling until something unrelated, yet embarassing, turns up.
I better put on my tinfoil hat before I say this, but...

Yeah, the whole chain of events just didn't seem right. The original grand jury investigation into the land deals cost us a fortune and turned up nothing. Then suddenly, Paula Jones, Linda Tripp, and Monica Lewinsky pop into the picture. Suddenly, Paula and Linda get major facial plastic surgery (which, by the way, didn't take). And I only discovered recently who had a major hand in instigating some leaks of fabricated info to the press (but I won't mention her name, she has a whole thread devoted to her.)

I think I may keep my tinfoil hat on for a while. In the meanwhile, yeah, Newt really is some shining beacon of morality and family values, right? I can't get married, because it would damage the sanctity of Newt's marriage(s).

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Naughty wrote:

People like our former speaker are why so many of you probably say you hate Christians and conservatives. This is the man who left his first wife for another congressional aide while she was in the hospital having a hysterectomy. At least he is consistant. He makes me want to puke. He is probably only apologizing now because he thinks it may clear the path for him to run for something in the future.

When these scumbags get caught they consistently follow the same routine, probably becasue it always seems to work. That routine being:

1. Grovel a bit

2. Find a "new" realtionship with God
3. Go into rehab

Follow this proven plan and it all goes away, just like (snap!) that.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Right, but people (well, repubs) still refer to his "shady land deals" even though a full investigation turned up absolutely nothing! Not even tax evasion. If there was anything to pin on him, we wouldn't have had to hear about where he stuffs his willie.

Who in their right mind actually expects a MAN to tell the truth about being unfaithful??? *blink, blink* <utter and complete amazement>

NEITHER party has that kind of character, as we are finding out. The "problem" begins and ends with holding others to higher standards than you hold yourself, and THIS is what THIS administration has done that I find unforgiveable. It's not about repub/dem- it's about being a fucking hypocrite, but still feeling superior enough to presume to tell me what's "right and wrong" when your own dick is stuck in your zipper. You bet I'm mad, then they have the audacity to sling Jesus at us, as if they are in any way qualified to know how Jesus feels about WAR! <fire spewing from head>

Yes, I'm angry, and I'm not going to apologise. Anyone interested in letting fundamentalist retards take over our country deserves being launched on a bit. If you're a sanctimonious fundamentalist retard, sorry about your stupid world view.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, for those who already have the weapons loaded and pointed at me because of my comments about a few repubs, hold your fire... I'll prove I'm non-partisan.

The democrats, during the years that repubs held the majority in the House, complained how unethical it was that the committee chairmen were "for sale" to major contributors to their party; now that they have the majority, the dem leadership (including Barney Frank, I was so disappointed) have quietly stated that they have no plans to discontinue the practice of chairmen for sale. It's pretty disgusting.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Odd country you have, where a standing president can be asked such impertinent meaningless questions. And the answers, whether truthful or not, offer no real benefit to anyone, except his enemies.

No kidding. I hate what goes on this town; I'm not even living here for the politics.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hypocrisy and politicians go hand in hand--if you honestly look at 99% of them, regardless of partyline they are hypocrites at the core. All this thread serves as, is another 'Praise Bubba Clownton" and attack any Republican. If that's what you want to spend your entire lifetime doing, then by all means go for it.

Then again, perhaps you'd like to see your Democratic buddies continue in their nose dive--Yup. Recent poll shows that Junior has made it up to a 35% approval rating while Democrat controlled Congress has dropped to 32%--gotta love that. Seems Nancy and her cohorts are more interested in playing their same fiddle songs as in the past, and so in reality no real change will take place during her brief stint as leader.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its sounds like Newt might be getting ready to claim he's been "born again" as potential prelude to a political comeback. Such drivel seems to provide the validation many voters need of their candidates. In truth, only Newt knows what's in his heart but the timing and the venue for his admission certainly suggest a political motive.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hypocrisy and politicians go hand in hand--if you honestly look at 99% of them, regardless of partyline they are hypocrites at the core. All this thread serves as, is another 'Praise Bubba Clownton" and attack any Republican. If that's what you want to spend your entire lifetime doing, then by all means go for it.

Then again, perhaps you'd like to see your Democratic buddies continue in their nose dive--Yup. Recent poll shows that Junior has made it up to a 35% approval rating while Democrat controlled Congress has dropped to 32%--gotta love that. Seems Nancy and her cohorts are more interested in playing their same fiddle songs as in the past, and so in reality no real change will take place during her brief stint as leader.
Excuse me? Please tell me how I'm attacking republicans, please tell me how I have democratic buddies... Hint: see my post above #32.

Its sounds like Newt might be getting ready to claim he's been "born again" as potential prelude to a political comeback. Such drivel seems to provide the validation many voters need of their candidates. In truth, only Newt knows what's in his heart but the timing and the venue for his admission certainly suggest a political motive.
Born again? Didn't he already claim to be a born again way back when he was still Mr Speaker?

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I may be allowed to broaden this subject just a tad from Gingrich hypocrisy to Republican hypocrisy. I'm not going to delve into the Dem side for reason that will become obvious is a few moments.

As some of you may no doubt know already, I tend to lean to the right. So I pay more attention to what the Republicans say then their counter parts.

Since 1980, when Reagan came into office and got into bed with the religous right, the Republicans have set THEMSELVES up to a higher standard and told everyone else to match them. They essentially put themselves on a pedastal, no one else did that for them.

What's happened since that time, as has been stated in earlier posts, is that the Republcans can not live up to their own standards but will make excuses for their fallen brethren. This goes back to Reagans addage of "Don't attack a fellow Republican."

The problem is that when you raise the bar, we (the American public), expect that bar not only to be met but to be exceeded. I'm sure we all have our favorite fallen Republican to bash, whether it's Packwood, Gingrich, Foley, Juliani, <insert name here>.

Instead of coming to the public and saying: We won't tolerate this in our party, they circle the wagons to protect the fallen member, not realising that they are hurting the party to do that.

The Republicans consistently fail in their stated moral authority and instead of coming clean on it, try to brush it aside instead of confronting it head on. For example:

Sean Hannity (stop cringing already people). I know he is NOT an elected official. But he is popular on the right and has a successful radio program. He has stated over and over again that if anyone was to point out any bigot in the Republican party, he would work hard to get rid of them.

So let's bring back Ann Coulter. I know. I know. She's not an elected offical, but she is a vocal member of the Republican party. Hannity's excuse for not going after her is that no one has gone after any Democrats for comments they have made.

What he fails to understand is that the Democrats have never billed themselves as either morally superiour or better than anyone else. He side steps the issue with this flimsy excuse and works to chip away at the pedastal the Republicans have built for themselves.

The Republicans think of themselves as leaders. True leaders do things that have to be done, no matter how it hurts them personally or professionally.

To help rebuild the image that the Republicans themselves have tarnished, they need to start leading! If they want to claim the moral high road, fine. But be moral about it. Stop circling the wagons around those that ruin the reputation and integrity of the Republican party.

People SHOULD have immediately pointed to Ann Coulter and said: "That is not what Republicans are about." And told her to leave the convention she was at.

People should have pointed fingers at Newt and said: "Those are NOT family values that we stand behind." They should have forced him to step down.

When Bob Packwood left the Senate, Bob Dole stood there and told the world what a great man Packwood is. Bob Dole should have told the world that Packwood did do some good while in elected office, but the numerous affairs he had negated most if not all the good he did and it was time for him to go.

When the Republican party can show the world that they can keep their own members in line, then they can start to take the high road again. When the Republican party can show the world that they will punish their own members who fail to up hold those standards instead of protecting them, then they can claim moral authority.

Until they do that, it's like that Asia song: "Dust in the wind."

Thanks for listening to my rant against my own party.

Sklar

silentc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Born again? Didn't he already claim to be a born again way back when he was still Mr Speaker?

Ah, don't you get it though? As he keeps having affairs he'll keep being born again, and again, and again, and again...