Girlfriend Crying

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didn't realize we were talking about me here (or you for that matter), but at least I'm wise enough to admit that there were some things that I shouldn't be doing at 16 years old.

Is there anything that YOU weren't ready to do 16 years old? Apparently not. Based on your replies a person might as well just "take on the world" at that age, right? :rolleyes:

No, not all people, nor all things.

Some people are not ready to have sex at 16, I was.

I wouldn't have been ready to participate in a BDSM relationship at 16. Some people might be.

My point is that you can't make a blanket statement about maturity when everyone is different.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My point is that you can't make a blanket statement about maturity when everyone is different.

Everyone may be different when it comes to maturity, but blanket statement or not... it's still a fact that 16 year olds are by no means mature.

You might want to re-read the definition of the word "mature":

Mature | Define Mature at Dictionary.com

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Everyone may be different when it comes to maturity, but blanket statement or not... it's still a fact that 16 year olds are by no means mature.

You might want to re-read the definition of the word "mature":

Mature | Define Mature at Dictionary.com

Look, I actually agree with you that full maturity isn't reached until a person reaches their twenties. Brain development isn't even finished until approximately the age of 24. But that doesn't mean that 16 year olds aren't mature enough for sex. Why does full maturity have to equal 'mature enough for sex'? We may have to agree to disagree here.