Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not a big deal, unless you make it a big deal. Just be normal, the more you think about it, the worse it will get. As long as you aren't stroking it or doing anything "nasty" or trying to bring attention to it, everyone will be cool with it. If anything, a guy that is immature will get a chuckle about it. No big whoop.

Reactions: Zurax and AG08

CAboi90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I think even expressing the angst in this forum took the pressure off today. I actually tried something new this morning: when I went to get my towel, decided to drop my under armour at the bin and walk across the locker room nude. By the time I got to the showers, I did start to chub a little and then hard again once I started showering, but to your point @circedbychoice, I finished the shower on cool and I was fine by the end. I mainly just don’t want to have my boner swinging and men who I see in my work common areas see it through the frosted glass. It’s funny too, here at LPSG most guys say us guys in our 20s are towel dancers but in my gym, it’s mostly straight men in their 30s who painfully cover up. Today, threw my towel down and stepped into my briefs without cover. Felt good and again, @bobbleworc, you’re right — sometimes I am thinking about it too much. @FleshFan69 haha, there is a sense of exhibitionism I haven’t tapped into. My boyfriend tells me I have a bigger dick than I think (he’s huge) and yea, I think getting hard is 1) feels good to be free and nude and 2) uncomfortable but excited at being seen by others. Again, those vibes aren’t what I want to express in a corporate gym though. . . Well, here’s to just being more confident and not worrying so much

D

deleted1074483

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I think even expressing the angst in this forum took the pressure off today. I actually tried something new this morning: when I went to get my towel, decided to drop my under armour at the bin and walk across the locker room nude. By the time I got to the showers, I did start to chub a little and then hard again once I started showering, but to your point @circedbychoice, I finished the shower on cool and I was fine by the end. I mainly just don’t want to have my boner swinging and men who I see in my work common areas see it through the frosted glass. It’s funny too, here at LPSG most guys say us guys in our 20s are towel dancers but in my gym, it’s mostly straight men in their 30s who painfully cover up. Today, threw my towel down and stepped into my briefs without cover. Felt good and again, @bobbleworc, you’re right — sometimes I am thinking about it too much. @FleshFan69 haha, there is a sense of exhibitionism I haven’t tapped into. My boyfriend tells me I have a bigger dick than I think (he’s huge) and yea, I think getting hard is 1) feels good to be free and nude and 2) uncomfortable but excited at being seen by others. Again, those vibes aren’t what I want to express in a corporate gym though. . . Well, here’s to just being more confident and not worrying so much

so lets see if your bf is correct;-)

ai81

Sexy Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've never popped a woody in locker room, even after seeing a really hot guy. One time, when I was in college I did try to fluff myself in the locker. It probably had about 8 open showers, maybe 8 shower heads in each one, kind of like a big cubicle. There was no one there at the time so I tried to get it bigger for some reason. I was facing the wall tugging. Then I turned around and there was this red headed stud of a guy, showering in the opposite corner. I wondered if he saw me but he did'nt say anything. Embarrassing.

I've only seen a guy with a boner in a locker room once, and I honestly just kind of ignored it. I think most dudes know that random stuff happens and as long as you're not stroking it they would rather just unsee it.

fldisfan

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"At that moment I didnt know what to think, did he notice my boner? "

Yeah, he noticed.

If you face the wall or otherwise try to hide your hard on others will think you are trying to hide that you were turned on by the other naked men. If you ignore it and act like it didn't happen every one else will ignore it...unless they are perving.

Reactions: Zurax

fldisfan

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"Perving"? Really????

"Perving"? Really????
Yes, really.

The Urban Dictionary defines "perving" as:

Perving
1. The act of being a pervert
2. Akwardly staring at someone knowing that they can see you, and yet you continue.
3. Checking someone out who CLEARLY does not recipricate your interest.

Why is that guy perving on me? He's like 40.

So, yes. If the other guy is staring at your cock in a lustful way or checking you out knowing you could be knowing he is is perving.

I thought my post was clear about my meaning when I referenced the other guy might be staring or lusting after the OP, not just inadvertently noticing his hard on. I didn't think my comment was that complicated.

FleshFan69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I get your meaning.

It's just that I find the word (and its derivative "pervert") laced with meaning of criminality. Like the classic man in a raincoat exposing himself to children. Guys do check out guys in a shower (even when they don't want people to know they are) and some guys do want others to check them out. And some guys actually do hook up because of it (even if they don't want their wives and girlfriends to know about it). I don't call them perverts.

But notwithstanding your using 'The Urban Dictionary' as your reference tool - I get it that you are using the word as a slang word that you are fine with and don't consider it as loaded as I do.

My response was a visceral one of distaste as if you were to say, (to use your comment) "If you ignore it and act like it didn't happen every one else will ignore it...unless they are faggots."

Yes, really.

Perving
2. Akwardly staring at someone knowing that they can see you, and yet you continue.

So, yes. If the other guy is staring at your cock in a lustful way or checking you out knowing you could be knowing he is is perving.

I thought my post was clear about my meaning when I referenced the other guy might be staring or lusting after the OP, not just inadvertently noticing his hard on. I didn't think my comment was that complicated.

fldisfan

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If not mistaking the word perving has it's origin in Australia in the '40's.
There are a number of sources that define it pretty much the same . BTW, the most of the examples I found were heterosexual in context. And, I didn't mean it in the way you interpreted it.

FleshFan69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
And, I didn't mean it in the way you interpreted it

I'm glad for that. It would be sad.

"Perving" is most definitely a modern slang word, whereas "pervert" is a word connoting an individual engaging in deviant (read criminal) sexual activity although some less tolerant, un-evolved people do use it for any activity that is not purely heterosexual.

Isn't it interesting that if it's someone who does interest you, who you do like staring at you or (as in the example you gave) is of an acceptable age to you then it suddenly becomes... "flirting".

Reactions: deleted875903

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If not mistaking the word perving has it's origin in Australia in the '40's.
There are a number of sources that define it pretty much the same . BTW, the most of the examples I found were heterosexual in context. And, I didn't mean it in the way you interpreted it.
My understanding of the word "perving", is to look at someone with sexual thoughts going though your mind.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes, really.

Perving

It's not "Perving on me", that is crappy grammar. It is "perving at me"

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"At that moment I didnt know what to think, did he notice my boner? "

Yeah, he noticed.

If you face the wall or otherwise try to hide your hard on others will think you are trying to hide that you were turned on by the other naked men. If you ignore it and act like it didn't happen every one else will ignore it...unless they are perving.
Nothing offensive in using the word PERVING in this way, it just means looking at someone and having sexual thought and maybe even becoming a bit aoused by what is being looked at.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've never popped a woody in locker room, even after seeing a really hot guy. One time, when I was in college I did try to fluff myself in the locker. It probably had about 8 open showers, maybe 8 shower heads in each one, kind of like a big cubicle. There was no one there at the time so I tried to get it bigger for some reason. I was facing the wall tugging. Then I turned around and there was this red headed stud of a guy, showering in the opposite corner. I wondered if he saw me but he did'nt say anything. Embarrassing.

I've only seen a guy with a boner in a locker room once, and I honestly just kind of ignored it. I think most dudes know that random stuff happens and as long as you're not stroking it they would rather just unsee it.

I was in the army communal shower, about 20 shower heads and most of them occupied. For no reason at all, I started becoming erect. I eventually turned on the freezing cold water to make the beast behave. I don't know who saw, were were all in the same platoon and of similar ages, just out of high school - no one cared.

Reactions: deleted14980321

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hard not to watch when that happens. Hard ons occasionally happened at my old gym. There was a guy I'd seen in he weights around noon for a few months. Looked kind of like a fitness model. One day when i was showering across from him I glanced over and noticed he was getting hard, that made me unintentionally follow suit. In seconds we were both fully boned up. Third started a habit we had off and on over a year, we never spoke or touched each other.
What a waste.

Reactions: deleted14980321

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have two gym memberships so I alternate between the two depending on where I am during my day. Over the weekend I hit my gym that has an open shower room; it’s pretty big with ten shower heads but I’ve never seen more than three or four guys in there at a time.

It was early afternoon and the place was very quiet because there was a football game and I’m guessing most guys had worked out earlier.

I was alone showering, soaped up and hard as a rock. I kept my back toward the entrance just in case someone entered. I guess I wasn’t paying attention but a guy walked in, I heard a shower being turned on. I gave a glance and he was wearing his underwear and was showering.

I kept to myself and kept my cock out of site yet knowing he was there I occasionally gave a glance. He really kept to himself showering keeping his back toward me. I suddenly got curious how someone could shower with their underwear on and noticed he was covered in soap including his underwear. I repositioned myself under the water letting it run down my back. Suddenly he turned and got a glimpse of my hard cock. I turned out of view but knew he saw it.

We both continued to shower; then I noticed he removed his underwear. Honestly, I was wondering how he was going to get all the soap out of it. I continued to glance and enjoyed my shower. I did notice he was spending a considerable amount of time washing his cock but I couldn’t see anything because his back was still toward me. I was just about done and heard him shut off the water. At that point I didn’t care if he saw my cock again, it didn’t seem to bother him the first time.

In less than a second he turns and to my surprise his cock was hard as a rock and pointing right at me. He made no eye contact, gathered his belongings and exited.