Here's what I think:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
If your arguments were sound, you would grant more human dignity to those who oppose you.

You would feel no need to belittle others for mere differences of opinion. You would act unilaterally in favor of your own agenda, without accusing your detractors of limiting your options. If your ideas are superior, you need not worry. Instead of obsessing over outcomes, it is appropriate for you to speak and live and act according to your own truth. It is the rightness of what you do, not you yourself, that ensures outcomes. If you are doing the right thing in the right way, the outcome ceases to matter. If you believe in the truth and never stop seeking it, you will earn your membership in the human race. If not, you will never sink below your humanity, no matter how hard you try.

But you will miss a lot.

It is your choices that make you powerful, not the force you apply toward converting others.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If your arguments were sound, you would grant more human dignity to those who oppose you.

You would feel no need to belittle others for mere differences of opinion. You would act unilaterally in favor of your own agenda, without accusing your detractors of limiting your options. If your ideas are superior, you need not worry. Instead of obsessing over outcomes, it is appropriate for you to speak and live and act according to your own truth. It is the rightness of what you do, not you yourself, that ensures outcomes. If you are doing the right thing in the right way, the outcome ceases to matter. If you believe in the truth and never stop seeking it, you will earn your membership in the human race. If not, you will never sink below your humanity, no matter how hard you try.

But you will miss a lot.

It is your choices that make you powerful, not the force you apply toward converting others.

Thank you.

StMonkey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

But you will miss a lot.

YEAH?!?...well....your ideas smell funny!

(Sorry. really I am. I just couldn't help myself. Yours' really is a good post)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chocobunny! I missed you so much! Anyway, ol' HB is not giving us circular logic as you imply. What he's saying is that when you are right, doing the right thing in the right way, that righteousness will ensure certain outcomes, but those outcomes, because they are the right ones, won't matter.

So HB, what do I win?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I still have my Top Secret Cat 1 security clearance, Lex.

People can tell me ANYTHING!:smile:

Don't try to bend a spoon, that is impossible. Instead try only to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no spoon. Then you will see that it is yourself that bends.

(I hope this helps)