Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think this thread is a little weird in that it presupposes that guys are homophobic in that we have to be convoluted in how we express our feelings for one another. I guess I'm not in favor of "it's such a subtle gesture, I didn't even notice it". I'm all for homoeroticism that is open and playful with no shame attached to it. It's also a lot more fun, sexy and interesting.

Thanks for another great post Jon. You're what I hope is the quintessential model, for the modern man.

AZNEWGUY

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think this thread is a little weird in that it presupposes that guys are homophobic in that we have to be convoluted in how we express our feelings for one another. I guess I'm not in favor of "it's such a subtle gesture, I didn't even notice it". I'm all for homoeroticism that is open and playful with no shame attached to it. It's also a lot more fun, sexy and interesting.

This is a great point ! I always felt we were raised to feel shame if we express feelings to our same sex friends. I remember one rule was never hug a guy more than a few seconds or people will talk about you lol.

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Several years ago i roomed with a few guys while living in Florida. I shared a room with a guy who also had a identical twin living in the house.He was an extremly attractive masculine man,great personality and popular with the ladies.We got to know one another and were quite comfortable around one another.We all decided to go to a few beach bars and while we were getting ready he decided he did not like what i was wearing and picked out these shorts for me to wear,anyway i put them on and they were a little long and he says let me fix those for you.So he is down on one knee and started to adjust the length and at the same time he looks up and smiles and said, now dont tell my brother i'm doing this for you, and not that i have poor hygiene he also says you know as i as in him says as i get a little older i have started to use a little deoderant down in my crotch area you should start doing that too.Being in a hot humid climate that we were in i understood what he meant.There was nothing sexual about it but it was a intimate thing between him and i.He always looked out for me like a big brother. He always made me feel good about myself and gave me more confidence. It just felt nice.Does anyone know what i mean?

lib0

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Your threads are always so great, this is a situation that has always happened but until one of my brothers mentioned it I really never noticed.

Last month some of my uncles, bros, cousins went for a guys weekend to the NCAA wrestling champs in Philly - really amazing tourny. Anyway we rented one big suite for the 14 of us. One evening in we were all really tired and I was sitting on the couch with my uncle (the massive one I always talk about). This has happened as far as I can remember back but never really noticed. My uncle goes to the couch and lays down with his head in my lap. But before he rests his head he kinda bunches up my cock/balls and the excess material in my shorts/sweats and then rests his head on it. I don't know if that's the best description but all I can think of is kinda making a pillow. Anyway there is nothing sexual about it my uncle is the straightest man I've ever met.

We were out just the cousins one night and my older brother mentioned that he doesn't do that to anyone else, his sons said he doesn't do that to him. My youngest bro chimed in, if he really wanted to rest his head on something he should use me (he's the most hung). We all laughed and my cousin said it had nothing to do with that, I'm his favorite.

Again nothing sexual just some bromance between me and my uncle.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am gay, and I will never understand this sort of thing between straight guys. I guess if there's no real attraction it doesn't mean anything to them, and that my sense of boundaries when interacting with straight men is stricter.

Anyone care to shed light?

Your threads are always so great, this is a situation that has always happened but until one of my brothers mentioned it I really never noticed.

Last month some of my uncles, bros, cousins went for a guys weekend to the NCAA wrestling champs in Philly - really amazing tourny. Anyway we rented one big suite for the 14 of us. One evening in we were all really tired and I was sitting on the couch with my uncle (the massive one I always talk about). This has happened as far as I can remember back but never really noticed. My uncle goes to the couch and lays down with his head in my lap. But before he rests his head he kinda bunches up my cock/balls and the excess material in my shorts/sweats and then rests his head on it. I don't know if that's the best description but all I can think of is kinda making a pillow. Anyway there is nothing sexual about it my uncle is the straightest man I've ever met.

We were out just the cousins one night and my older brother mentioned that he doesn't do that to anyone else, his sons said he doesn't do that to him. My youngest bro chimed in, if he really wanted to rest his head on something he should use me (he's the most hung). We all laughed and my cousin said it had nothing to do with that, I'm his favorite.

Again nothing sexual just some bromance between me and my uncle.

cocktailweenie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In our health club shower room one day there were these four young men, one of whom I knew to be a college hockey player. The other three were young and fit also so they may have been hockey players as well. I was the only other guy there. Anyways, these guys got a bit boisterous and decided to have a contest: to see who had the reddest balls! They each grabbed their balls and lifted them up so their (cut) cocks flopped aside and showed them to each other. I loved it. I wonder what goes on in team shower rooms.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
There's some kind of mysterious bonding that goes on when you help a younger guy tie a tie. My son's college friend needed tolearn to tie a bow tie, and I stood behind him and helped. It didn't really feel homoerotic; more like bonding in a small way. the term "homosocial" comes to mind. Look it up on wikipedia.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I guess I feel like men are needy in terms of intimacy. We all know how men are afraid of being intimate with other men for fear of being labeled gay. I hope that's changing. I see younger guys who arent afraid of physical contact. Maybe in a more accepting world, they're ok with hugging their buddies, altho' the phrase "no homo" says something, doesn't it? It's a way of showing physical affection without the stigma of being gay. It's lame to say that, in my opinion.

captainwhackit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My best mate goes from one extreme to the other. When sober he's very careful and cautious, in the ten or so years I've known him we've hugged twice. But when drunk he had a habit of getting naked and streaking.
Last year in the middle of a summer camping trip one of his straight friends asked me about whether I get turned on seeing guys shirtless like they do seeing girls topless. I said of course!
Within the next hour my best mate was half naked and stayed like that for the weekend, walking around in his tight boxers.

That was really hot, and pretty obvious. But it was more sexy knowing that he wanted me to appreciate his body. He really does have a great body!

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This was years ago, but in college I lived in a quad where four rooms and eight guys shared one bathroom. It wasn't a particularly large bath, but had an open, two-head shower, so we all got to know each other pretty well. The comfort zone was greater than when I lived in a traditional dorm, and all eight of us were friends to varying degrees.

Anyway, I was in one of my quadmate's rooms shooting the breeze one afternoon when he was trying to scratch his own back. He was contorting this way and that, trying to get at the itch with a pencil or whatever he could find, but to no avail. Finally I said, "I'll scratch your back if you want."

"Really?" he replied a little hesitantly.

"Sure, why not?" I said. "You're going to break your arm trying to get at it and you're not having much success."

He nodded okay and I moved from the chair I was in to the floor behind him, and proceeded to scratch his back while we watched something on television for the next several minutes. He was "oohing" and "yeah right thereing" while I did it, and there was a sort of intimacy to it for sure. We had a brief connection, although not a sexual one, but there was a sense of homo-eroticism.

After I finished he said thanks, then followed up with, "We can keep this just between you and me, you know." Of course that's what I did, but even the pseudo-secrecy added to the "otherness" of the experience.

I'm afraid that we men are typically a bit screwed up in our understanding of intimacy between friends and how to express it. Bummer.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
After I finished he said thanks, then followed up with, "We can keep this just between you and me, you know." Of course that's what I did, but even the pseudo-secrecy added to the "otherness" of the experience.
How sad that the simple act of scratching a guy's back has to be interpreted as some dark secret with threatening homosexual implications.

I'm afraid that we men are typically a bit screwed up in our understanding of intimacy between friends and how to express it. Bummer.
Understatement.

zujmyhezk86

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I work at a gym in LA and I was standing at the counter checking the computer when one of the trainers, a guy from europe who is prob in his late 30's and I will admit, is great looking with an amazing smile, came up behind me and asked me to check something for him. He put his hand on the small of my back and leaned over my shoulder to see the screen. That simple gesture caused a little shockwave to go through my body. I instantly started to fantasize about seeing this guy fuck his wife. I know strange, but as soon as it happened I thought of this thread and said I have to write about it.

Z

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
. . . That simple gesture caused a little shockwave to go through my body. . . .

You know, that's interesting, because that's what I feel when someone is physically intimate with me--touching my shoulder or my back, giving me a hug, etc.--unexpectedly.

I guess it's all about the body-distance barriers we have in this culture. And some guys, gay, straight, or some kind of bi, ignore those barriers all the time, if they like you.

It can be confusing at times. And oddly, briefly, STRONGLY erotic.

NCbear (who wishes there were more room for male-male physical intimacy in this culture so that [1] we men could hug more and hold hands more and kiss each other on the cheek to indicate affection more and [2] we men could then figure out more accurately who was being affectionate and who was being . . . a little more than affectionate :wink:)

IrishWank

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in a bar about a week ago with some friends. We were getting some pub grub. While we were waiting on the food we were just talking shit. Then one friend reached over and randomly played "Nerves". He slowly ran his hand up my leg to my crotch, while in the bar, under the table. He was laughing but I wasnt nervous, so eventually his hand came to rest on my cock and balls. I was surprised by this but he just laughed and pulled his hand back.

Nothing sexual has ever happened between us or even been suggested. Think he was just messing, but having him touch me like that was fun. But I didnt bone up.

nacheei

Experimental Member
Media
went to some business trip with some foreign senior officer from my office and stayed at villa with private outdoor jacuzzi on the back yard. in the evening after we back from business meetings, we usually get undress and jumped to the jacuzzi together for relaxation. we ended up drinking beer while talking many things in and outside the jacuzzi for hours and still naked. the next day i woke up earlier and i had to woke him up for breakfast and we had meeting that morning. when i planned to knock his bedroom's door, it was unlocked. i entered the room and saw him slept naked under the blanket. i woke him up and he walked to the bathroom naked, did some stuffs there and walked out from bathroom still naked. there were lots of nudity during the trip. seemed like we were comfortable being naked in front of each other, so we didn't bother to cover up. we also watched tv naked once in the evening after jacuzzi and before bed. we even shared bathroom. we both naked in the same bathroom. he showered and i brushed my teeth. well, he did ask my help to soap his back while he was showering and i was still brushing my teeth. i help him out and i also told him to trim his bush a bit, because at the beginning it was way too many. and he did. because the next day i saw his bush trimmed. a lot of nudity and probably near-homoerotic activities during the trip. however, nothing sexual. it was a very casual nudity. well probably for some people it appeared homoerotic.

str8bro1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My best friend is married and about 15 years younger than I. I'm happily married as well. I've had a couple of best friends when I was younger where the brotherly bond was there and we could jack off together - but nothing more. I'd completely consider it an honor to this with my best friend now. It's not unusual for him to touch my chest and give compliments on my muscle. Twice he jokingly said "you'd suck me if I asked you to." to which I reply "oh hell no bro but a handjob is another thing." and immediately says I've gone too far...wtf???? My comment was too far and his not? Confusing. One time when we were on our way back from a night of drinking he reached over twice and grabbed my face - sorta held it like you would a child's. I've seen his cock only once when we shared a hotel room. He looked semi and huge. I asked him and he said no. But he's very private about his sex life and dick. Once I went swimming w him at his house - hot ass day. We had some beer and I was buzzing. Was feeling great and loving the friendship and thought "screw it" and took off my trunks. Lol he refused to get in the pool . I say: "it's not like I'm hard bro! Join me!" he still wouldn't. Geeesh thought that just be some innocent fun. I can't figure him out. He's hyper masculine yet can definitely communicate his heart which is cool.