I need a date

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With the bars not happenin' and getting stood up repeatedly lately, I need a date.

Now, where to from here?

I know this thread is a little old but I am still intrgued. I despise getting stood up and I think for the most part I have exterminated it from life. One getting rid of people who have done it to me. But also, when I organise outings, I do it in such that's unmistakeable date, time place.......no see you around.

Are you specific when you make a date with someone or do you do the "I'll call to confirm" routine. In which case, most smart people know that there is no date confirmed.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With the bars not happenin' and getting stood up repeatedly lately, I need a date.

Now, where to from here?
Craig's list, match.com, e-harmony.com, churches, schools, colleges, universities, bookstore, office, everywhere.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
I know this thread is a little old but I am still intrgued. I despise getting stood up and I think for the most part I have exterminated it from life. One getting rid of people who have done it to me. But also, when I organise outings, I do it in such that's unmistakeable date, time place.......no see you around.

Are you specific when you make a date with someone or do you do the "I'll call to confirm" routine. In which case, most smart people know that there is no date confirmed.

Hmmm...I agree with all of this, but this isn't really the problem. The problem is in even getting someone around that I'd want to go on a date with in the first place. So, it a little bit further back in the chain of events between Nothing ---> Date. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm...I agree with all of this, but this isn't really the problem. The problem is in even getting someone around that I'd want to go on a date with in the first place. So, it a little bit further back in the chain of events between Nothing ---> Date. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Do you have any buddies that you can go out with? Guys that are interested in picking girls up?

I ask because I have different groups of girls. Group A is the group with the married or guys with girlfriends. When I go out with them I never pick up or even talk to girls really. Group B is the gay friends. I can and may talk to girls with this group. Partially because these particular guys are horn balls and want to help out in getting me laid or with a girlfriend. Group C is the single guys that are looking. I have great times and great success with these guys. It sounds lame but they pump me up and I pump them up.

And that is just when I go out. I am on pof.com and talk to all sorts there and occasionally plan something. Even if I am not 100% interested... hell, why not just go out with someone? Who knows, you might become friends with them and find one of their friends to be your match.

I too can do a lot of nothing ---> date, but the more I "don't care" and just risk it and put myself out there, the more chance I have at meeting someone. After all, what is a "date" after all? Is it just a fun time out with someone or is it an interview with your next wife?

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Craig's list, match.com, e-harmony.com, churches, schools, colleges, universities, bookstore, office, everywhere.

Churches are a no-go as atheists probably don't make house of worship tops on their Sunday schedules. I'd burst into flames anyway. :wink:

Craig's list, match.com, e-harmony.com

Eharmony rejected me as being "unmatchable" after filling out there lengthy psych/profile assessment test process some years ago, so fuck them basically. Craigslist has the virtue of being free but I don't eat spam and don't like it in my mail box so CL is out if my prior experience is any indication. I was a paying subscriber to Match for awhile but $30 a month to open mail from mostly non-real spam-bot profiles is stretching my tolerance thin.

schools, colleges, universities, bookstore, office

I do attend school (community college) but I'm rather limited to whoever happens to be in my class(es) with me as far as potential partners go, mostly. This semester would be practically nobody. So there ya go.

I'll take "office" to mean workplace in general. Ok, the population of women to men at my work is roughly 9-to-1 women over men (I'm a CNA in an assisted living facility FYI). However when the women are all married, old enough to be my mom, or just not my type in general...that demographic advantage drops to virtually nil.

Hard road to plow out there.