"I want this person gone!" threads

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So...would I be correct in assuming the difference for you is popularity? Are you telling me that this indignation wouldn't be present if Spladle had said he hoped her baby died? Fie on you if so.

Your ability to skip the obvious point grows.

Fie on me, then...no skin off my back. :rolleyes: From Splades, it wouldn't have been venomous, just in very poor taste.

The difference - and concurrently the point you're missing - is discretion...or rather your lack of (or obtuse refusal to use) it. I know you're a smart girl...I expected - and still expect - better from you.

What I wish others would get is that it means there were also F-all mods to vote for any official action.

And yet you didn't seem to have any problem taking the unilateral action of silencing the discussion thread...it just doesn't follow that you can singlehandedly squelch a protest involving several members, yet you can't sanction one complete fucking asshole that any moron could see rightly deserves it.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fie on me, then...no skin off my back. :rolleyes: From Splades, it wouldn't have been venomous, just in very poor taste.
For those of us who knew him, sure. But for new posters not familiar with his style and who fell victim to his rants it's purely offensive. So I'll ask you to think about it again. Would the offense to Peniseur have affected her, not you or anyone else, her, any differently had it been Splades doing it?

The difference - and concurrently the point you're missing - is discretion...or rather your lack of (or obtuse refusal to use) it. I know you're a smart girl...I expected - and still expect - better from you.
And yet you didn't seem to have any problem taking the unilateral action of silencing the discussion thread...it just doesn't follow that you can singlehandedly squelch a protest involving several members, yet you can't sanction one complete fucking asshole that any moron could see rightly deserves it.

It does follow actually. A harassment thread either is or isn't. Names the target. Check. OP to the target's detriment. Check. It's an harassment thread. It meets the standard, we already know what's to be done, we don't need a discussion prior to doing it. The same way we don't require discussion prior to banning minors. You need to be 18 years of age or older to post here. A member either is or isn't. Simple.

Conduct in threads is a different matter. It should have more than one person involved in the decision to prevent one moderator's possible bias from influencing the action taken. I'll remind you again that you were all too happy to tout this very reason yourself the last time you got on my case for my moderating actions.

You can not argue that I have no right to post at all then argue in an identical situation (sole mod online) that I should ban someone without moderator discussion first. Because that does not follow.

He was sanctioned, the deleted thread and the continued fuss here from you is because you're not satisfied to the degree he was sanctioned.

You want to talk about discretion? Try practicing some yourself.
I was at the mall with a friend the other day and couldn't resist trying some orange chicken at the food court. She only gave me two scoops and I thought there was room on the plate for at least one more. I could have stomped my feet, I could have expressed my disappointment with the portion. I could even have held up the plate for the entire food court to see and asked if they thought it was adequately dispensed. However I realized that the establishment has it's own guidelines on portion sizes put in place for it's own reasons. I also understood that, discretion being the better part of valor, that by making a spectacle of myself over perfectly understandable portions I would only look like a raving fool. So I kept my mouth shut, paid for my food and enjoyed my orange chicken. It was delicious. Even though it wasn't as much as I'd have liked.

I am a smart girl, so I'll tell you this. If the "better" you expect of me is that I do precisely what you want, when you want and how you want it then you may expect, now and in future, to be disappointed.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I prefer lemon chicken, garlic chicken, coq au vin, fresh ginger chicken, green curry chicken, fried chicken , spicy wings, in fact almost every type of chicken that I can think of over orange chicken. I mean orange with chicken?

Orange chicken, sheesh.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer lemon chicken, garlic chicken, coq au vin, fresh ginger chicken, green curry chicken, fried chicken , spicy wings, in fact almost every type of chicken that I can think of over orange chicken. I mean orange with chicken?

Orange chicken, sheesh.
Well, duh! Orange chicken is simply wonderful if properly prepared and with some cayenne pepper on it as well-gives it some zing to counteract and enhance the sweet/sour of the orange. The one which makes no sense to me is chicken cooked with limes. I mean really, who would do that?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Orange chicken, sheesh.

I see someone hasn't had my Asian or chicken curry - both made with orange.

One must have the precise blend of spices in order for it to work otherwise it tastes only of funky orange something. But the right blend and....wow.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It does follow actually. A harassment thread either is or isn't. Names the target. Check. OP to the target's detriment. Check.

That's hardly objective...it requires a degree of interpretive analysis which could vary greatly from person to person.

I'm done with this. It's clear to me that you consider moderation to be based on categorical imperatives, a set of absolutes that could be enforced by automatons. Personally, I feel you have done...and by your defense, you continue to do...this membership a disservice.

Enjoy your chicken.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/Poultry%20and%20Game/Poulet%20avec%20les%20Limettes%20%20%20HT%20%20MC%20%20Tahitian%20%2045mins%20plus%20marinating.htm

Northland, agree about all those others including the Orange Flavoured Chicken, but above recipe is delicious, especially if included with papaya recipe which I'll put below in a second:

Papaya Chicken HT MC Tahitian 35mins

Lemon is used in a thousand recipes. I don't see that limes should come as any surprise. I made the Papaya chicken recipe and then added the limes as well, and it's one of the best things I've ever made.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All this crap about using the "report post" button only works if you are one of the moderators' favorites. I have yet to get any responses for recent reports I've made. Apparently some people have priority over others.

OK, we've proved my point. Again, I'm completely ignored.

So apparently unless you are loved by the moderators, the "report post" button does nothing. Oh, and don't bother pm-ing them either. They don't answer unless you are one of their favorites.

I rest my case. This board is moderated by nepotism and it's oligarchic.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So apparently unless you are loved by the moderators, the "report post" button does nothing. Oh, and don't bother pm-ing them either. They don't answer unless you are one of their favorites.

All the words I didn't have time to learn while going to rock bands, having my own punk band, and getting laid -alot!!
Wow, the sex deprived are sooo smart!
Impressive.lol
Hey, I know how to get hickies( hickeys) off in a matter of seconds know matter how big or dark.
ya know, passion marks.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All the words I didn't have time to learn while going to rock bands, having my own punk band, and getting laid -alot!!
Impressive.lol
Hey, I know how to get hickies( hickeys) off in a matter of seconds know matter how big or dark.
ya know, passion marks.

Oh ya, and I know how to get cum out of carpet too.

I thought it got banned a long time ago. Well, well, well, it's still trolling about the place like the monsterous presence. I wonder if they're one in the same...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

i somewhat agree. there was a moderator who responded quickly to a report i made, but i've made many about threads and members that were clearly in violation of TOS and nothing has been done about them. either the mods are busy (which i'd understand) or they are indeed playing favorites

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Impressive.lol
ya know, passion marks.

Now that is helpful and pertinent, not to mention incredibly mature and thoughtful posting.

Your parents must be so proud.

*MB now resumes not responding to any of S&S's posts*

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Southern Comfort - girl candy. :fuckyou2: :biggrin1:

Now if you had said - half time refreshment.............

Real men suck lemons (and limies :tongue:)

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Impressive.lol
ya know, passion marks.
Hickies? Jesus, I stopped getting/giving those in high school.
Oh ya, and I know how to get cum out of carpet too.
Now that's class. Can't compete with you.
Excellent - I'll bring Guinness & Walnut bread and Irish salmon for a starter!
Awesome. How's raspberry tarts or lemon italian ice for dessert?
Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Southern Comfort - girl candy. :fuckyou2: :biggrin1:
Who said anything about those? You're expected to bring some damn fine scotch or brandy. If you can handle it, that is. :biggrin1: