• my fingers are sore

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't formally ignored anyone yet. I look at it this way....there are several billion (not sure how many) people in this world and I probably only agree 100% with about five to ten of them. So when someone says something I disagree with....I just remember the aforementioned comment.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't formally ignored anyone yet. I look at it this way....there are several billion (not sure how many) people in this world and I probably only agree 100% with about five to ten of them. So when someone says something I disagree with....I just remember the aforementioned comment.

well like i said earlier, i try to converse with the people i disagree with, i believe there's a lot to be learned when your own ideals are challenged and i've definitely learned some things. me personally i use the ignore button for the more obnoxious members who resort to name-calling and insults, there's nothing i can learn from that

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
damn, in gonna take a nap and ignore all of this ignorance??? somebody hold my teqiula till i get back!!!!

i love being called ignorant by someone who thinks its okay to take advantage of straight men while they're sleep. nothing like a sex criminal telling you you're ignorant

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But you've ignored Phil, who, despite his insults, does have a lot of valuable insight to give that challenges people's views. He had one in this thread that you've ignored. I ignore no one, even those who think I walk with my head high enough to avoid the smell of my own shit.

And yeah, not everything you've done has been so melodramatic, I'm well aware of that. That first thread was just quite the doozy of an introduction, and a couple others have been almost as bad. First impressions are so terribly important to people, just or unjust, and when many people's first impression is of a person who decries stereotypes in all forms while hurling stereotypical insults at people who call him out on stereotyping himself it's gonna stick in a very bad way. Moving beyond a first impression of a bigoted hypocrite is very difficult. Now that's NOT what I associate with you, I look more at a common noble sentiment mired by human fallibility, of which any and all of us are guilty from time to time (combined with my twisted sense of humor that loves laughing at people's inconsistencies). But of course many members are going to lash out at the first view when it's the person's first, almost flame-baitingly worded contribution to the group. And in the case of Phil, he has a non PC view, and puts it out in an harsh way, but it's based on an appreciable logic, much as your condemnation of spitefully motivated stereotyping was hampered by your own insulting stereotypes, but is no less appreciable a notion.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It sounds like you said some things in the heat of the moment that you didn't really mean and now regret. It happens. We are all asses from time to time and as long as it isn't consistent behavior, most people can live with it.

I had a few people on ignore at one time due some arguments. I unblocked them and have since been on friendly terms with them. Now I use the built-in "Skip" function of my brain. It's much easier.

Some peoples posts I just skip as a matter of course. The reasons for putting them on Skip vary from them being always very loud and opinionated to just plain stupid. Some member are chronic trolls, but they are easy to spot and put on Skip.

Many times I start to read a post and if I think it's nonsense, I move on to next one.

If a thread such as that race thread, is full of ranting and raving and people failing to actually READ and COMPREHEND each other, I don't even enter into it. It just makes my small brain hurt to much to get involved in those ones.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've been criticized on this site (and probably always will be) but i'm seeing a pattern of what seems like the same people launching attacks any and everywhere they feel connected to some higher power and worthy to pass judgment and make personal attacks on other members. since the MODS seem to allow certain disrespectful practices to continue, i've found it useful to simply block people who make personal remarks about me (criticizing a post is one thing, calling someone a troll or douchebag is another). anyway i'm curious how many members have had no problems with receiving negative comments and how many find themselves hitting the ignore button fairly often so i just wanna know how many people are utilizing that precious, precious ignore button

I will be trying it out on you, you will be the first one to receive this dubious distinction/honor/dishonor/badge-of-disgrace. So far I have found absolutely nothing-diddly squat-in any of your antagonistic posts (several of the topics which you've opened in particular) worth reading. Might as well clear a few lines of screen by zapping you. I chose only to respond in this one, so you'd at least know why.

oh lord i throw myself at your mercy, northland has discluded me from his life

:mad:how dare he do this to me?!?!

:frown1:why doesn't he like me

:eek:maybe he didn't really mean it, he's not ignoring me

:tongue:oh that's right, i don't care about the opinion of someone who trolls the site, views one of my threads and forms misguided judgments about me, not knowing enough about me to put in a pot. northland, wherever you are, i doubt you ever did notice me way up on that mighty throne of yours
Here's the thing Morley, in your opening salvo you tell us that criticizing is one thing but that calling someone a troll is another. Later, when I respond you refer to me (in the most roundabout way possible: 'i don't care about the opinion of someone who trolls the site') as a troll. You cannot have it both ways.

Moving right along (as I must), you are undoubtedly saying to yourself just about now; "hey man, like I done did thought he was gonna be selecting me on his ignore list. Bummer man!" Well Morley, you will notice I said I would be trying it out. I did. Then I realized it is better to read all comments from all people and so I deactivated the ignore.

As for your assertion that I have no idea about you, the sad truth is that I do. I had read your posts-several of them in fact. I did not just jump at the chance to test the ignore item with you, I had indeed read (as I indicated earlier) your antagonistic postings. Further, you started a topic; therefore, you will receive answers and opinions, not all of which will agree with you. That's life and that's part of what can make life so sweet-if you allow it to. Differing opinions.

So, you are officially off ignore-will I respond to you or your rants in the future? Time will tell.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here's the thing Morley, in your opening salvo you tell us that criticizing is one thing but that calling someone a troll is another. Later, when I respond you refer to me (in the most roundabout way possible: 'i don't care about the opinion of someone who trolls the site') as a troll. You cannot have it both ways.

Moving right along (as I must), you are undoubtedly saying to yourself just about now; "hey man, like I done did thought he was gonna be selecting me on his ignore list. Bummer man!" Well Morley, you will notice I said I would be trying it out. I did. Then I realized it is better to read all comments from all people and so I deactivated the ignore.

i was using troll as a verb, not calling you a troll."i done did thought he was gonna be...???" i have no idea where you got the impression that i'm that uneducated. since you obviously have jumped to a conclusion about me and my level of education, how bout I try ignoring YOU?? i definitely won't be deactivating that ignore since you've deemed yourself worthy enough to insult my intelligence by stating that i'd speak in such an inarticulate manner. am i the most educated person?? no but i'm definitely smarter than you're going to allow. our communication should end here although you're entitled to your witty rebuttal to get a snicker out of everybody else because certainly by the time you've posted i'll be ignoring you.

PS try climbing down from your throne and mingling with us imperfect, unworthy of your presence commoners, you'll see that although we have our faults, "we ain't not so bad:wink:"

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i was using troll as a verb, not calling you a troll."i done did thought he was gonna be...???" i have no idea where you got the impression that i'm that uneducated. since you obviously have jumped to a conclusion about me and my level of education, how bout I try ignoring YOU?? i definitely won't be deactivating that ignore since you've deemed yourself worthy enough to insult my intelligence by stating that i'd speak in such an inarticulate manner. am i the most educated person?? no but i'm definitely smarter than you're going to allow. our communication should end here although you're entitled to your witty rebuttal to get a snicker out of everybody else because certainly by the time you've posted i'll be ignoring you.

PS try climbing down from your throne and mingling with us imperfect, unworthy of your presence commoners, you'll see that although we have our faults, "we ain't not so bad:wink:"
I'm only responding to this thread because i ventured into a political forum about Kavenauh and his accuser, yeah that train wreck of opinions. There are some salty people that feel that they have to offend people for having a different opinion other than their own . So instead of forming an opinion on just one thread i went back into the history of one poster @marleyisalegend , the self proclaimed Queen of lpsg . Instead of calling you stupid, i won't, because your not . You can be quite informed. You can be very passionate about your point of view on quite a few different subjects . I will say that you can be arrogant and petty at times . To make a long story short . Tone it down, be nicer and understand that the ignore button is not just for the people you disagree with . You can be just plain nasty with others .