Impeachment?? WTF???

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Don't get me wrong--I absolutely DETEST this president. I think, however, at this very late stage in the game, we can afford to let the clock just run out on this unfortunate administration. Bush is already practically powerless, I see no reason for trying to bring articles of impeachment, which will likely fail, when it will only serve as a distraction from other, more vital issues that Congress should be addressing. I suspect Kucinich may be trying to remain relevant.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok, so I was watching the news today, (not sure if anyone's talked about this yet) and I wanted to hear some of y'alls thoughts.

Impeach him?

Hell, the reason we even HAVE a second amendment is so we can SHOOT a president who get's this far out of line with the constitution.

All member's of congress and the pres take oaths... not to "protect fraidy cat American couch potatoes from the boogieman" but to uphold and defend the constitution.

THAT is their primary job... to fight against ANYTHING that infringes on the constitution.

The wiretapping was unconstitutional. Unilaterally violating signed treaties was unconstitutional, Allowing public moneys to go to religious charities was unconstitutional, the patriot act was unconstitutional, voiding Habeus Corpus, setting up foreign prisons deporting prisoners to foreign prisons for the purpose denying prisoners due process was unconstitutional, TORTURE was unconstitutional ( certainly cruel, if not so unusual under this president)

Any ONE of these is a clear violation of his oath of office.... Any one of them grounds for running him outta town on a rail.

Together... they are grounds for imprisionment of Bush and his administration as the single greatest threat to American democracy and the constitution.

BTW- these are just the unconstitutional things he has done.... those things he is forbidden from doing by our constitution... if we add in those things that are simply illegal due to other laws that have been passed....

Then the list goes MUCH further...

.revealing the identity of a covert agent is TREASON...

Handing out government contracts to businesses in which you own an interest is against the law...

Kidnapping foreigners from foreign soil is illegal...

Hiring mercenaries for foreign wars and giving them immunity from ALL forms of military and civil justice is also against the law...

And that is just the things he did openly... who knows what a real investigation would reveal...

In my mind, EVERY congressman who voted for the patriot act has ALSO violated their oaths of office.

So... when you say you are a Bush supporter... that is the same as saying you do not believe in the rule of law, do not believe in the constitution as the foundation for this government.

At this point you can not be a supporter of BUSH AND still be a patriot... because supporting your country means defending the constitution against ANYBODY who would erode or outright deny its provisions.
And Bush actually SAID he thought that " the constitution is just a damn piece of paper".

THAT is the guy you are supporting? Really?

Cause... in my book, folks who support Bush shouldn't be calling themselves Americans, or US citizens...

They should all re-locate to Dumbfuckistan, where all that matters is supporting your party...regardless of what kind of Amoral shiftless doofus crooks get into office.

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All very good points.

I agree with you, but it's just the timing of this move that bothers me. Being this close to an election, an impeachment procedure would just make things even harder for the American people to come together. We've all come to grips realizing that Bush & Friends will no longer be in office in about 6 months time. Deal with the election and get the right person in office (which I hope is Obama since Clinton is no longer on the ticket). Then we can bring Bush and members of his administration to trial and try to bring him down using more severe tactics. Impeachment is one thing, but being tried for things like War Crimes is even more condemning.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm surprised nobody's tried to shoot Bush dead.

Firstly - you can't talk like this anymore. The law now states anyone whom talks against the administration is a Terrorist.
So much for free speech. Congrats..your on their terrorist watch list.

It's hard to get rid of Mafia that was responsable for the deaths of thousands of americans for personal gain.

He's too intertwined into the system, and uses every bit of taxpayer firepower to keep things away from him.

You guys/Gals have it covered already. Impeachement this late is worthless.

He needs to be TRIED FOR WAR CRIMES, along with his trusty side kick.

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
at the risk of being crass... why would anybody want to impeach Bush,
Emperor CHENEY is next in line!!!! Run for your LIIIIIVVVESS!!!!

Cheney should be impeached cuz the leaking of the Valerie Plame (sp?) the undercover cia agent to the media.
\quote]

He's already running the show Babe. Bush is just a puppet. He can't speak in common public intelligently, and he gets VERY nervous when it isn't rehearsed or if off the wall subjects are asked.

Cheney's the kingpin. Bush is just the fancy bowling shoes.

D

deleted3782

Article XXXVII: Being a great deal less intelligent than Dennis Kucinich.

About_Average

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't stand Bush, and honestly, I think he has committed impeach-worthy offenses over the last 7+ years. However, as a Democrat, I really don't want to see my party go for the jugular this late in Bush's term, and this close to the next election. Most undecided voters would probably view such actions as some kinda witch hunt and it could really backfire in the presidential election. As much as I hate to say it, let that brainless wannabe cowboy serve out the rest of his term. By November, gas prices in the US will probably be over 5 dollars a gallon, the dollar will continue to lose value, and Bush's already pathetic approval rating will most likely plummet into the single digits. Let him continue to crash and burn, and go on fucking up for the next few months. It'll make people even more hungry for a Democrat. Impeachment procedings this late would only benefit the Republicants.

I can't stand Bush, and honestly, I think he has committed impeach-worthy offenses over the last 7+ years. However, as a Democrat, I really don't want to see my party go for the jugular this late in Bush's term, and this close to the next election. Most undecided voters would probably view such actions as some kinda witch hunt and it could really backfire in the presidential election. As much as I hate to say it, let that brainless wannabe cowboy serve out the rest of his term. By November, gas prices in the US will probably be over 5 dollars a gallon, the dollar will continue to lose value, and Bush's already pathetic approval rating will most likely plummet into the single digits. Let him continue to crash and burn, and go on fucking up for the next few months. It'll make people even more hungry for a Democrat. Impeachment procedings this late would only benefit the Republicants.

They should have gone earlier. However, at any point, impeachment would be the right and honorable thing to do. Better late than never. Bush and Cheney deserve to be impeached, removed, and prosecuted for crimes against the United States.

Yes, but he lied about getting a blowjob...

... while testifying under oath in a court of law. That's perjury, a felony, and reprehensible in anyone, most reprehensible in someone who is pledged to protect and defend the law itself.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... while testifying under oath in a court of law. That's perjury, a felony, and reprehensible in anyone, most reprehensible in someone who is pledged to protect and defend the law itself.

so... what's sending young americans to their timely death in a bout of revenge and anger?
Misdemeanor?

D

deleted3782

Yes. It was reprehensible. I know I was terrified knowing that a man who would lie about getting a blowjob had his finger hovering over the button to deploy thermonuclear weapons.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Let's see. Lying about a blowjob under oath or sending our sons and daughters to die in Iraq (under false pretenses).

Oh yeah, the lie about the blowjob was a much more impeachable offense.

so... what's sending young americans to their timely death in a bout of revenge and anger?
Misdemeanor?

Why is it that when ever someone criticizes one president, other people immediately assume you're a supporter of the other and argue to that assumption rather than the issue at hand?

Clinton was impeached. Bush and Cheney should be impeached. All three deserve it in my opinion.

Yes. It was reprehensible. I know I was terrified knowing that a man who would lie about getting a blowjob had his finger hovering over the button to deploy thermonuclear weapons.

Then I hope that you never seek justice in a court of law only to find a witness lying against you. Perjury destroys lives, sends innocent people to prison, even to death. It is an extremely serious crime because it subverts the justice of our court system. As a lawyer and president, Clinton took not only an oath on the stand, but two other oaths; one as president, the other as a licensed lawyer and, therefore, an officer in any court in which he appears. He was extremely aware of the severity of what he was doing.

I trusted Clinton with the hot button. I do not trust Bush with it. Already the Joint Chiefs threatened Bush with resignations if he opted to use nuclear weapons in any capacity, which apparently, Bush was willing to do. That frightens me enormously. Tactical or strategic, the use of nuclear weapons must be confined to only the most dire of situations and only after long reflection.

Harry Truman agonized over this. He once said that he feared he would jeopardize his soul by authorizing the use of nuclear weapons on Japan but believed that his oath of office meant that if he had to sacrifice it for the good of the nation, then he would accept whatever judgment heaven held for him. As he saw it, he was pledged to defend American lives, even those who were knowingly placed in the danger of battle and he had to do whatever he could to minimize their losses. If it came down to American versus Japanese lives, he would have to protect American lives first.

That's the kind of serious forethought I want in my president.

Citizens of nuclear nations have a grave responsibility to the world not to elect (in those nuclear nations which are democratic) someone who would not use nuclear weapons save in only the most dire of situations and then only after long reflection. We have not done that in Bush.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's see. Lying about a blowjob under oath or sending our sons and daughters to die in Iraq (under false pretenses).

Oh yeah, the lie about the blowjob was a much more impeachable offense.

excaculy, if we bush had to go to iraq to night i am sure our troops would be home before daylight in a fast sort of way, and im not talking about him being on the back of the firing lne here im saying send his but right out on the front where his daddy cant buy him an easy way out. im sure he would see things diffrent than he seems to see them now, also send his girls there to fight like the rest of them have to bet the war would end right there.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, I understand the reticence about getting into impeachment hearings this close to the end of his Administration...however... Thanks to GW we now DO have another option...
Since Cheney and Bush are both implicated... the Speaker of the House can simply declare themselves president, have the DickBush arrested and sent to Gitmo where they will be denied access to lawyers... and waterboard them until Cheney gives us all our money back.

And fly a "rendetion" crew out to Bahrain and nab ALL the principals of Halliburton and do the same...

What's salt to the goose....