Is anybody else on the site tee-total?

soccerfanatic

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry if its a pretty random question, I'm jsut getting rather a lot of abuse on another site for being tee-total, apparently it means that I'm not much of a man and that I can't have fun cos I don't go out and drink till I'm sick :blink:

Anywayz that's besides the point as I'm used to those kind of narrow-minded attitudes, but I just wondered if anybody else on the site was tee-total or whether you all enjoy the odd pint or five lol?

B_Irishhung10

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Spank_The_Monkey@Dec 28 2004, 12:41 AM
Sorry if its a pretty random question, I'm jsut getting rather a lot of abuse on another site for being tee-total, apparently it means that I'm not much of a man and that I can't have fun cos I don't go out and drink till I'm sick :blink:

Anywayz that's besides the point as I'm used to those kind of narrow-minded attitudes, but I just wondered if anybody else on the site was tee-total or whether you all enjoy the odd pint or five lol?
[post=270164]Quoted post[/post]​

non drinker here mate and proud of it! there's a lot more too - only the UK's sadly bereft of a lot. each to their own though.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Non-drinker here.

Anyone who'd make fun of you for not drinking probably has issues of guilt and/or shame. Good riddance.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Non drinker here, too. I can go out and have a good time and be sober--what's the point of going out and not being able to even remember it?

I'm a nondrinker for a number of reasons--
1. alcoholism is rampant on both sides of my family--I don't want to tempt fate
2. religious reasons
3. health reasons--it's just not good for you, empty calories and all that--watch those carbs lol
4. I suffer from tremendous migraines and have to take medication daily for them--the meds I'm on and alcohol don't mix, and alcohol is a major migraine trigger, as well

I've had drinks before, but I just prefer not to imbibe. I don't condem those who do, I just chose not to. I don't find any enjoyment in it.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never liked the taste of alcohol so my exposure is limited to wetting my lips during toasts. Hey, I always get asked to go party...yea, the designated driver.

jay

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Non-drinker here too. Never cared for the taste of alcohol. I'm also just not interested in losing control of myself or watching it happen to others.

No recreational drugs here either. :D

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vocally recovering alcoholic here, haven't had a drink since '93 either. Mindseye, we must have been on the same page. Don't miss it a bit, I actually like remembering how much fun I had the night before. Anyone who thinks your manhood is proven through substance abuse is an idiot, plain and simple. Most people who drink are not alcoholics, but the need to prove oneself that way is not healthy.

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not a "tee-total" (social drinker only - love a nice pint at the pub!) but I am curious about the term itself. Any ideas about the origin (or eptymology) of the expression?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,
My this is a dry site! LOL! Non drinker here too. Adam Ant was pretty much describing me in his song, "Goody two shoes"! I do however think that the term came from the 19th century English temperance movement. The letter t was place behind the names of members of the society and it stood for "Total abstinence" Thus the term tee or t for the initial place behind the name and total for total abstinence.

Naughty

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
Okay i will be the first to admit that i love to drink alcohol.

i drink bourbon and coke mostly.
i drink mgd (miller genuine draft) for beer OR miller lite beer

i dont like rum and coke -- too sweet

i get into drinking shots of tequilla or 1600 tequilla
i enjoy jello shots, belly shots and any other shot

i no longer drink vodka and detest scotch (tastes like cod liver oil to me)

i absalootely love jack daniels

mmmmmmmmm, i love to drink and 2 out of 3 times i will drink to excess because i like that fuzzy feeling.

but, i dont need a drink or have to have one. i have many friends thank GOD that dont drink because they become my designated drivers.
i dont drink and drive--ever!!!!

my 2 cents.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by hungthick@Dec 30 2004, 04:55 PM
Okay i will be the first to admit that i love to drink alcohol.

i drink bourbon and coke mostly.
i drink mgd (miller genuine draft) for beer OR miller lite beer

i dont like rum and coke -- too sweet

i get into drinking shots of tequilla or 1600 tequilla
i enjoy jello shots, belly shots and any other shot

i no longer drink vodka and detest scotch (tastes like cod liver oil to me)

i absalootely love jack daniels

mmmmmmmmm, i love to drink and 2 out of 3 times i will drink to excess because i like that fuzzy feeling.

but, i dont need a drink or have to have one. i have many friends thank GOD that dont drink because they become my designated drivers.
i dont drink and drive--ever!!!!

my 2 cents.
[post=270900]Quoted post[/post]​
What an absolutely immature post. I don't mind people who drink, but when someone makes a point of posting about how much they love alcohol, I have a problem. Anyone who drinks to excess because they love the "fuzzy feeling" has a problem regardless of what they think...at least some of us here realize that alcohol has been a problem in our families and that it causes problems, or that they had problems with it and gave it up. That's the mature way to deal with a substance like alcohol. Hungthick and people like him are the reason that this thread started--people who made Spank the Monkey feel bad for being a non-drinker, his response just shows the insensitvity that the party crowd can have for those of us who chose not to imbibe.

soccerfanatic

Experimental Member
Media
^^^It never actually made me feel bad for being tee-total, I'm remarkably hard to offend as the majority of people who make bitchy comments I ignore as I look down on them tbh. Anyone who has a problem with others because of their personal choices is an elitist moron and I'd take more notice of what my cat thought on the matter than them.

Personally I have no problem with people enjoying alcohol, I find it to taste horrible and I dislike the effect it has when you get drunk, but each to their own. As long as they don't drink-drive or claim to be manlier/better than me cos they drink I'm fine with it :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a mature attitude, Spank, but then I've come to expect that from you. I also have no negative opinion of people who drink, I enjoiyed it myself for many years. For me, there just came a time where the fun was overshadowed by the negative consequences, so logic dictated that I quit. It was a fairly easy decision, I hate going to jail!

I sometimes go down my memory lane of how I loved the taste of good scotch, or wines, but there was nothing I enjoyed as much as I love my clear mind now. For most people, alcohol is just a way of relaxing and enjoying their time, and more power to them. For a few of us, it is a very dangerous disease that engulfs our lives in misery, those of us lucky enough to escape that are usually pretty grateful for that fact.

soccerfanatic

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 31 2004, 12:33 AM
That's a mature attitude, Spank, but then I've come to expect that from you.
[post=270936]Quoted post[/post]​

Awww lol, that made me feel all warm and fuzzy, especially coming from a woman as special as yourself Zora *blushes*

I'm really glad you managed to get though everything though Zora, it must have been a real struggle and I can happily say you've turned out wonderfully. If only I was older and prettier I'd be on you like a shot lol :(

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Spank_The_Monkey+Dec 31 2004, 01:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spank_The_Monkey &#064; Dec 31 2004, 01:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Dec 31 2004, 12:33 AM
That&#39;s a mature attitude, Spank, but then I&#39;ve come to expect that from you.
[post=270936]Quoted post[/post]​

Awww lol, that made me feel all warm and fuzzy, especially coming from a woman as special as yourself Zora *blushes*

I&#39;m really glad you managed to get though everything though Zora, it must have been a real struggle and I can happily say you&#39;ve turned out wonderfully. If only I was older and prettier I&#39;d be on you like a shot lol :(
[post=270943]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Oh, Spank, now I&#39;M blushing, see? :wub:
Young and pretty is fine by me, you&#39;re just too damed far away&#33;
*blows kisses to the pretty guy anyway*

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I&#39;m not a tee-totaller, but I completely respect those that are. I&#39;m, for the most part, a &#39;social drinker&#39;, but I&#39;ll be the first to admit that at times I&#39;ve been way too social&#33; (Ever wake up in nothing but one boot and a mask and not know exactly how you ended up that way?) However, I never drink when I&#39;m a designated driver: I am responsible. You don&#39;t like to drink, and that&#39;s not a problem for you. That&#39;s your preference, and you don&#39;t cave in to peer pressure. You get a thumbs up from me.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Dec 31 2004, 04:28 AM
(Ever wake up in nothing but one boot and a mask and not know exactly how you ended up that way?)
[post=270999]Quoted post[/post]​

*tiptoes out of room with other boot and the rest of the costume that went with the mask*