Is It Actually Possible For Lean/Thin Guys To Get The Classic Pecs/Chest?

135i

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To an extent. The human skeleton varies greatly in size, and there's only so much 'meat' that can be packed on.

umm then I guess my 'meat' was packed some place else..and thats a good thing...(well someday someone will find benefit) :cool:

Last edited:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There were a couple of teen stars that did. Like Zac Efron or Brent Corrigan. It is just how your body was developed, due to your metabolism and the skeleltal structure. Like the late River Phoenix.

He started as a kid with some babyfat at a pretty early age(aroudn 10-14) and then he had a personal trainer to get him trimmed up. Well, if you look at Running On Empty, he was getting fit then. When the early 90s came, he lost that physique already.

Another one is Scott Baio. He was really skinny as a kid and a pre-teen. He started to bulk his physique into a swimmer's built in the early-mid 80s, but that was because he was a sport's nut and loved sports. He kind of settled his muscle tone and relaxed as he got older.

Now, I have a huge question. For those that started out as either skinny or not skinny at all from a early age could still be fit later in life, correct? Some say it is the skeletal structure. Isn't it mainly your metabolism that determines what you do with your body? I also thought your metabolism helps with the right foods you, the excercise to burn your calories, and the body tone you are trying to acheive for. That's my guess. Care for some insights about this?

"I have naturally skinny legs. I hate working them out, and I especially hate squats. Am I the only one who gets, literally, nauseated by them?"

Same! I hate leg exercises because they literally sicken me. As a result I have chicken legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My humble ( and over simpliied advice) would be
1. if you want increased definition, and a little bit of size, add more protein to your diet and start benching
2.if you want proper pecs, start benching and increase your calorie intake a fair whack. you might get a bit flabby, but you can burn that off later and you WILL get bigger.

and - listen to primal savage! hes inspirational!

Reactions: Davis25

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know this isn't a skinny guy, but when I saw it recently, it made me think that there's more you can do to change one's body that I had ever thought.

That is an interesting series of photos. It seems to me that the most striking transformation occurred in the first five months, when he lost the fat. Then you can see him going through phases of bulking and cutting. I think that he looked his best in May of 2005, or maybe the autumn of that year. After that point, his body starts looking weird and overmuscled to me, and the gut starts coming back. He reaches another peak (to my eye) in May and August of 2008, and then takes a sharp turn for the worse as he enters another bulking phase.

I wonder what others will think.

Neziegh

Just Browsing
Media
Mmh... i don't think it's possible to turn from figure one to two (with no steroid and shit), however it's very possible to change from picture one to three. I'm actually like pict. 3.
Remember that, even if you can build muscle over the bones, the bones are what they are. If you have a small shoulder-to-shoulder size (like i was and i still am after some years of gym), there's little you can do to improve that. Muscle can give another impression, but not another skeleton. However, after you will start gym, you won't think about those things anymore, and will probably live in peace with you body after knowing him.

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That is an interesting series of photos. It seems to me that the most striking transformation occurred in the first five months, when he lost the fat. Then you can see him going through phases of bulking and cutting. I think that he looked his best in May of 2005, or maybe the autumn of that year. After that point, his body starts looking weird and overmuscled to me, and the gut starts coming back. He reaches another peak (to my eye) in May and August of 2008, and then takes a sharp turn for the worse as he enters another bulking phase.

I wonder what others will think.

Yeah, I generally agree. I think he looks OK in May 2005, but I also think that once he lost the gut, he looked good in the first year or year and a half.

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
second picture is not natural so you can't compare to it unless you go that direction

2nd picture? You mean the 2nd in the line of summary pics at the top, dated February 1, 2009? Or the 2nd in the full sequence of pics, dated 2/6/2003? Because it looks to me like the 2nd pic in the full sequence is natural.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To be bluntly honest as my nationality allows, you are the one with the 17 x 10 3/4 inch photo verified thread

Let ye who are innocent...
You mean this thread? I'll give you a hint, friend: if you take 2, and you add 2, you get 4. Now see if you can put 2 and 2 together for yourself.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ok, a few things to adress here:
1. Id rather ignore the woeful lesson in mathemtaics from someone who finds basic measurement difficult
2. I actually have painnful sides from the astonishing wit and humour that you endowed your thread (and indeed your every word) with.
3. Im not your friend. :biggrin1:

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
ok, a few things to adress here:
1. Id rather ignore the woeful lesson in mathemtaics from someone who finds basic measurement difficult
2. I actually have painnful sides from the astonishing wit and humour that you endowed your thread (and indeed your every word) with.
3. Im not your friend. :biggrin1:

I'd sell you a clue, but you don't know you need one, so you're probably not in the market for one.

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, it is possible to get pec muscles to show. I actually started to see some develop on me, which I thought was impossible because of how I've always been thin/lean.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my opinion, muscle should be functional, especially if you are hoping to build and maintain a physique that is ideally suited to your genetic endowment. Find a sport that you enjoy and train for it. You'll gain a well-honed physique, good general health, and the immense enjoyment that accrues from being in the moment, making the most of your time.

Muscle for its own sake shouldn't become a fashion statement, and if sought through a superficial approach, it can become difficult to maintain the motivation to do the training. Find a form like swimming, tennis or martial arts that gives you a reward in itself, and you'll gain a vitality and lust for any fitness training designed to augment it.

In my experience, learning karate was inspiring, and I saw beneficial gains in muscle definition through rigorous workouts in the dojo, supplemented with resistance training in a gym. I didn't became an elite athlete by any stretch, but I developed substantially in my late 20s and early 30s. And I had a lot of fun and satisfaction doing it.

Last edited:

mascador

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi guys,

Yes its possible to "create" some chest.
I am 186 cm, and I was something like 63 kg when I started gym. Now I am 77kg, and yes, its a bloody hard work. I go to the gym about 4-5 times per week, heavy weight lifting, 6-7 repeats with a weight what you can hardly push when you do the 7th repeat... and if you can do it, it means next week you put more weight on... and so on and so on. I take creatine and sometimes protein shake as well. And the gym session is never longer than 1 hour (45 minute is the ideal but then its really hard work, not talking with other gays ;)
One day one muscle-group. So lets say one day shoulder and ass, next day back and biceps, next day chest and triceps, other day legs... and again and again.
if somebody has any question I can give advices. I dont have old photos on this computer but I have some new ones so you can see that I am not talking rubish.
http://www.mascador.com/xxx/half.jpghttp://www.mascador.com/xxx/left2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Davis25