It's not that bad

Bryan_Lyte2 said:
No thanks, last time I played that they froze me in the middle of the street.:mad:

hahaha, time to pick new friends!

my brother, my sister and myself were die-hard freeze tag players. if you were frozen, you could not, under any circumstances 'unfreeze' yourself. i think we even had a contract stating that the 'frozen party' could never ever move (unless of course unfrozen by another person). violators would be killed after dinner. :cool:
 
GoneA said:
hahaha, time to pick new friends!

my brother, my sister and myself were die-hard freeze tag players. if you were frozen, you could not, under any circumstances 'unfreeze' yourself. i think we even had a contract stating that the 'frozen party' could never ever move (unless of course unfrozen by another person). violators would be killed after dinner. :cool:

Sounds like my family, and the reason why they chose the street.:tongue:
 
alex8 said:
Nothing is more tedious and boring than perfection. It's only through our 'flaws' that we become individuals with unique qualities as opposed to shallow surface creations that require copious plastic surgery, $400-a-throw make-up jobs, tailor-made clothing and careful lighting to add more linear contours, as well as any amount of airbrushing and retouching on top of that. :rolleyes: Hollywood people are far more interesting in the flesh with their flaws on show than after they've been reduced to idealized representations on the screen.

I read a children's book (as a child) about how boring it was to achieve and maintain absolute perfection. I wasn't sure how I felt about the message in that book. I should try to find it...
 
BronxBombshell said:
I read a children's book (as a child) about how boring it was to achieve and maintain absolute perfection. I wasn't sure how I felt about the message in that book. I should try to find it...

Hmmm, even without knowing what the book is, I can see why it might be carrying a mixed-message, almost risking telling children just to be satisfied with their lot rather than striving to improve themselves. Of course we should always seek to make more of ourselves ... but thankful in the knowledge that none of us can ever hope to achieve perfection (other than through illusion or delusion). Knowing there were perfect beings out there would just lead the rest of us to jump off a cliff rather than to keep striving forth towards ever greater goals.
 
tallguypns said:
Since Novice has missed all my recent flirting attempts, I was thinking of something more drastic like gasoline and matches.:mad::rolleyes:
Yeah, cuz frightening threats of incineration are sure to win me over. :eek:
*Runs away screaming and looking for the authorities.*
 
novice_btm said:
Yeah, cuz frightening threats of incineration are sure to win me over. :eek:
*Runs away screaming and looking for the authorities.*

Hello, sex-kitten. I think you'll find that I can be quite authoritative in some matters. :rolleyes:

*shows novice to the high-security safe-bedroom* :wink:
 
novice_btm said:
Save me Alex!!!

*Falls vulnerably and breathlessly into Alex's arms"
*checks to see whether he can calm novice down by placing him face-down on the security-bed and rubbing something hard against his celebrated derrière (by way of a massage technique, you understand :rolleyes:)*...