Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well as some members know, I have lost a lot of weight, mostly by avoiding eating carbs, ( **sighs**) and this meant giving up my favourite sugary type of cereal for breakfast)!!!!

Just for fun I wanted to know what type of " junkie type cereal" do you guys eat once in a while or perhaps daily?

Is there a type of cereal that brings you back to your childhood? If so what is it about that particular type of cereal you love so much?

My favourites are:

Reese's Puffs
Chocolatey Peanut Butter Crunch

I love anything with a peanut butter and chocolate flavour mix to it.......

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I was 6 or 7 years old when Kellogg's Sugar Smacks first hit our breakfast table. It was a rare treat since, being very poor, corn flakes was our usual fare.

BTW - political correctness has changed the name over the years from Sugar Smacks to Honey Smacks to just plain Smacks. :rolleyes:

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to looove the sugary cereals, but since kids have apparently been dying from the overabundance in sugar...they've taken all of it out of the cereals.

Maybe it's just my "I grew up in the '90s" mentality that makes me miss the sugar overload. Or my horrible health. That could be it too.

To answer the question, I thrived off of Frosted Flakes. Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my runner-up.

Hey, something I've noticed recently. Does anyone remember Cookie Crisp commercials where the dog and the theif used to always steal the cereal, but then get caught at the end?

I just saw a cookie crisp commercial and the same dog that used to be the bad guy is now the mascot for the cereal. Isn't that weird. You weren't supposed to like the dog, you were supposed to stop him from taking your cereal. What's next, Trix rabbit eating Trix cereal? That would be the end of the world, I'm positive.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hate milk so I don't eat it now, but when I was little it was Saturday morning cartoons and Captain Crunch. It would stick to the roof of your mouth until it hurt, and was like eating cubes of sugar...makes my teeth ache.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've given up milk (and meat - lost 38lbs over the last year as a result) so I dont eat cereal but as a kid I used to love a cereal called 'All Stars'. Doubt anyone will remember it...

palmit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Captain Crunch owns my heart forever.

Since everybody is talking about cereal, I remember when I was younger there was this oatmeal that came with red flavor packets (they were syrup-like) which you'd pour over the oatmeal, I've been looking for it for a while now, but I can't seem to find it, mostly because I have no idea what it was called. Does anyone know what it's called, or where to find it?

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SP - If I had a choice it would be porridge also, but made with milk not water ( eww) and with a nice big heaped tablespoon of raw sugar over the top..drool
** might have to get out of bed now and go make some damnit!!**