Kids/People today are WIMPS.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's 105 degrees where i live...would you go outside? Go fuck urself buddy...

I played outside when it was 114 and my sneakers melted walking on asphalt.

Yes.. parents today are not parents... they have been demoted to the role of social secretary for the busy lives of their swaddled and coddled spawn.

All day long I see mom's ferrying their kids from playdate to karate class...
I NEVER see any kids on the street, never see them playing among themselves in a public park.

If kids play baseball today... its Tball or little league... parentally orchestrated orgies of adult adulation of the precious product of their private parts.

When I was young... we played ball with each other and the parents had nothing to do with it.

Today's parents have been so frightened by a handful of news stories about bad things happening, that they never let their kids out of their sight.

The kids have no real self esteem... they just think highly of themselves without any justifiable reason... they think they are the hub upon which the world turns...
Just imagine how awful adult life for them will be when they find out its not true.

Trust me... if you want good kids, the best thing you can do for them is to leave them be as much as you can.
Its not YOUR job to make their life less boring... let them figure it out.

Let them make their own mistakes and let them deal with the consequences.

Ever notice that families with lots of kids seem to raise the most stable kids?
That's because when there are so many kids, the parents simply can not pay any one of them enough attention to screw them up.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
My Generation's for sale - beats a steady job - how much have you got?
My Generation don't trust no one, it's hard to blame, not even ourselves.

How many times must I sell myself before the pieces are gone?
I'm one of a kind - I'm designer!

It's truly a lie. I counterfeit myself.
You don't own what none can buy...but neither do I.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I walked to school when I was a kid and it was uphill both ways.

The evils of an affluent society - spoiled, apathetic, diabetic, obese children - the American child of today...be scared, very scared because they are going to be children until they are 40 year old. Many will not live into their 60's because of health problems.

Last edited:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
My Generation's for sale - beats a steady job - how much have you got?
My Generation don't trust no one, it's hard to blame, not even ourselves.

How many times must I sell myself before the pieces are gone?
I'm one of a kind - I'm designer!

It's truly a lie. I counterfeit myself.
You don't own what none can buy...but neither do I.

qotsa

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Last year, I got some flack for writing about the pussification of kids. I don't really care. Kids are being spoiled--in more ways than one.

You could blame the parents, but don't forget the media. They instill fear on a dialy basis, telling us what could harm our children or families. This is very irresponsible, and commercials are the worst. Like those millions of bacteria on your countertop, which must be sanitized with Lysol or the produit de jour. Soap and water have been effective for hundreds of years.

Allergies are almost unheard of in third-world countries. Their immune systems are too busy fighting off infection. Our sterile lifestyle lets our immune systems get bored, and start attacking any foreign protein--and turning our kids into snotty house-bound messes.

Then there are the Purell parents--carrying around bottles of sunscreen and Purell, lathering it on their kids at every possible moment.

Then there are the 'friend' parents. You know, the ones who can't say 'no' to their kids because they are terrified of their kids hating them.

Then there are the Soccer Moms. Play seems too formal and structured lately. kids don't just hang out and do 'stuff'. They enter leagues and get awards, and rarely interact. Their self-esteem drops and they get all kinds of disorders that very very rare when I was a kid. I think that when a parent sees their kid playing alone, they start to panic and rush their kid to soccer or karate or gymnastics class.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The evils of an affluent society - spoiled, apathetic, diabetic, obese children - the American child of today...be scared, very scared because they are going to be children until they are 40 year old. Many will not live into their 60's because of health problems.

I'm astonished and dismayed by the number of overweight and outright obese kids I see just about everywhere. There was a good article in Time about the epidemic.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anyone else in here fel that we are raising the weaniest, whiniest, group of children this country has raised!

Children born in the 80's and on are cottled too much. "Everyone is a winner". Kids sports don't even keep score anymore so they feel that were all equal...No one gets left out...BULLSHIT. An overabundance of safety regulations. Could you imagine the tough kid in the neighborhood you grew up in wearing a bicycle helmet? Not that you see children playing outside anymore anyway. "Its too hot out there"
You can't stereotype people even though they do those exact things that got them stereotyped...oh poor baby the truth hurts...growup!

The generation that is someday going to be charged with the responsibility of taking care of this country is incapable!

Ok now i feel better...but sad for our future.

Whatever happened to letting a kid just be a kid?

Haha. Maybe those kids out in San Jose. Not down here.

If it was a weekend or summertime and it was 2:30 pm, our asses better have been outside. I've had my ass whipped with every object in my momma's house. Wire hangers, switches, belts, hands, extension cords, the fan belt from a car. One time, true story, my momma was so mad she ripped the cord off of teh iron and cut my ass with that. Then I got another for making her break her new iron.

Helmets? What the fuck is that. Everyone is a winner? Pffft. Then why the fuck do we keep score and hand out trophies ?

Sorry ripsrips, you think the generation getting ready to take over the country is unprepared but the generation running it now is unprepared.

I'm a child of the 80's and I DEFINATELY ain't-no-biatch. " Bussa nigga head to the white meat "

So is your problem that people want to keep their kid's safe ? In case you haven't realized, good healthcare is like purchasing a Lamborghini. And ya' boy McCain is just fine with that. So you just might your wish.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Does anyone else in here fel that we are raising the weaniest, whiniest, group of children this country has raised!

Children born in the 80's and on are cottled too much. "Everyone is a winner". Kids sports don't even keep score anymore so they feel that were all equal...No one gets left out...BULLSHIT. An overabundance of safety regulations. Could you imagine the tough kid in the neighborhood you grew up in wearing a bicycle helmet? Not that you see children playing outside anymore anyway. "Its too hot out there"
You can't stereotype people even though they do those exact things that got them stereotyped...oh poor baby the truth hurts...growup!

The generation that is someday going to be charged with the responsibility of taking care of this country is incapable!

Ok now i feel better...but sad for our future.

Whatever happened to letting a kid just be a kid?

'90s and on.
I was an '83 baby, and I spent my childhood in tree houses made from discarded industrial plywood... on rusted jungle gyms and swing sets... playing in drain pipes... playing hide and seek in the woods at night... and snacking on unwashed carrots straight from the soil to the mouth. And where I grew up, that was typical.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My parents are the 'friends' type. This, however, did never mean that they were not to put limits or that they wouldnt be the authority, so to speak. My sister and I learnt to respect them, as well as to trust them. They always taught us to earn things based on our own effort and to respect ourselves on top of everything.

They never, not even once, smacked us. And not because they daren't, just because they never needed it. Of course we were normal kids. Naughty, playful and we played pranks. But this is completely normal behaviour for a kid.

Parents nowadays seem to expect their kids to behave as adults, to be serious, to be competitive, to not disturb, and to be best at everything.

My sister and I were always straight A students, but it was a result of inner motivation. Our parents never demanded high marks. I guess it makes all the difference.
We were always stimulated (not forced) to give our 110% if we wanted to attain something and to always value and accept the results.

We have always been very busy kids. As soon as I started primary school, I started taking Martial Arts lessons, started attending a Language Academy, had Art lessons on saturdays and piano on Sundays. I don't complain, I met many people, made many friends, made contacts and lead me to be a highly sociable person.

With regard to the sociopath, rude, insecure kids out there, I believe there are many issues.

First of all, it can be a result of a lack of an emotional relationship with their parents. In consequence, they are given everything material in order to compensate for their parents' lack of attention and this leads the kids to get whatever they want, thus becoming whiny and capricious creatures.

Also, there's the parents wanting their kids to have a perfect, flawless, exemplary lives. Condemning failure, rejection and weakness.

There might as well be the fact that their parents are afraid of saying 'no'. Or that they actually DO say no, but are not able of taking the limitations further, given that they have never done it before and think that it is now too late.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Kids are the only ones being spoiled? The more we advance, EVERYONE is being spoiled. I've been at the house with friends who's PARENTS turn into whimpering babies when the cable goes out. The more easy technology makes life, the more wimps there will be. Adult OR kid, few of us could get by if we had to hunt our own food, and wait 2 weeks for a man on a horse to deliver us the response from our love interest. Some of us freak out if out love interest doesn't text us back within 2 minutes.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I have a short recording of an article written about how the younger generation does not obey the elders, they complain, the are hostile to change, they do nothing to better themselves...

..only that it was written in the third century by a Roman historian.

Closer to home, in the early 20th century there have been killings and ill mannered behavior reported from all towns and countries. News write up over the years seem to slant on the ill mannered younger generation.

Used to be pool halls were dangerous. The arcade rooms. Pinball. Rock and Roll. LSD. Disco. Rap...iPods, computer. Internet.

...all hideous, dangerous and worthless wastes of time....

...and you dare to bring this topic to a website devoted to big penises.

Go crack open a book devoted to social history...

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
When I was a kid people were expected to take it up the ass from the priest or the boy scout leader and keep their mouths shut about it.

Kids today are spoiled.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The reasons kids today are spoiled is that their parents are themselves spoiled, self-centered and self-concerned people. It is so much easier to simply give in to your children rather than set limits...and say "no". I've watched so many parents interact this way with their kids...I've had to keep myself from yelling: "What are you, Crazy? Just say 'no' to that kid and be done with it! So what if he/she yells and screams and cries!" It's just easier for these parents to buy the toy or give in to the behaviour than to discipline or teach. Each one of my three children has had a really obnoxious temper tantrum around the age of 2 or 3...just once. I didn't hit them or even yell at them. I got down to their level, looked them in the eye and said, calmly: "Excuse me? I can't hear you. Yell a little louder, please. That's it! Cry louder! Cry all day, if you want. The answer will still be 'no'." They very quickly realize that that kind of behaviour gets them nowhere. It requires more work, takes more time and requires consistency. Many parents simply will not expend the effort. It is these lazy, selfish adults that create the monstrous behaviour we have all had the displeasure to watch time after time. And the end result is that their children develop no respect for their parents...or anyone else, for that matter. It is a disgrace...and they should be ashamed. The parents, that is...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
When I was a kid people were expected to take it up the ass from the priest or the boy scout leader and keep their mouths shut about it.

Kids today are spoiled.

If this is satire, I suspect I missed it.

You need to go hit yourself with a hammer on your thumb like I did when I tried to build a tree house.

Many (not all) kids today are spoiled, rude, apathetic, lazy, and have a false sense of entitlement as well as an over inflated ego. They were raised to believe that they are special and that the world owes them something. They are totally unprepared for what awaits them in the real world. I have the pleasure of working with them every day at my job. I try to tell them what the realities of real life are, but it's like -> :banghead2: Yes, I do blame the parents 100% for raising children who are so unequipped to handle the realities of life. I know of many parents that have kids who have grown up and are out of control, in trouble with the law, and unable to cope in the real world. Their parents have told me that they feel like failures for raising such a "loser", and so they should. This thread reminds me of an e-mail I received a while back. I have pasted it below. I think it's absolutely brilliant:

This should be posted in all schools and work places:

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

Last edited by a moderator: