Ladies - are you comfortable being naked?

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In Europe, I think we have a lot more nudity - it's quite usual for both sexes to be naked together in saunas etc..

Are you comfortable being naked?

On your own?
With a lover?
In the locker room?
With strangers of both sexes?

From what I know and have heard from friends/family who have visited Europe,. yes you are much more open than U.S. folks as far as nudity.

Personally, I like to be nude alone..., but love it a lot more with a lover..., ehhh in the locker room it doesn't do anything for me -- we should all just be changing clothes and getting out of there -- thats the point of the locker room,... with strangers... hmm... probably not so much. I mean, if I'm in some random German town/hotel where it is very normal in the spa to be naked amongst eachother I would probably be ok about it, but around here you can't just prance down the street and not get arrested lol., so I guess it depends on the place... so if a comfortable place (with comfortable people) sure, but anything otherwise no way.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From what I know and have heard from friends/family who have visited Europe,. yes you are much more open than U.S. folks as far as nudity.

Personally, I like to be nude alone..., but love it a lot more with a lover..., ehhh in the locker room it doesn't do anything for me -- we should all just be changing clothes and getting out of there -- thats the point of the locker room,... with strangers... hmm... probably not so much. I mean, if I'm in some random German town/hotel where it is very normal in the spa to be naked amongst eachother I would probably be ok about it, but around here you can't just prance down the street and not get arrested lol., so I guess it depends on the place... so if a comfortable place (with comfortable people) sure, but anything otherwise no way.

I'm comfortable nude or in underwear. If I have guests I try to remember to put something on.

LOONY8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same here. I hate looking down and seeing all my imperfections. It's nice to sleep naked when it's hot, or just sort of walk around naked for a few after a nice shower, but I get kind of sheepish being naked in front of someone new. It takes me a while (and a good amount of encouragement) before I can feel sexy naked in front of someone.

i watched your pictures and the only thing i saw was a sexy girl.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reading through this thread has made me wonder what happened to all the no hang-ups,freedom loving,cool with nudity Woodstock generation in the U.S. Didn't they raise families to have the same relaxed attitudes?
It looks like they all surrendered to the conservative agenda instead of sticking to their principles.
And their grandchildren's role model is Eric Cartman! :biggrin1:
Was there a specific moment in the U.S where everyone suddenly became very uptight about nudity? It didn't appear to be like that in the 1960's.

k9sport

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On your own? yes
With a lover? yes
In the locker room? yes
With strangers of both sexes? yes

For me clothes are primarily:
Functional - to keep my boobs from bouncing (ouch!) when running, to keep from burning when out in the sun for extended periods, for warmth when it's cold, etc. And, practical - to avoid arrest for public indecency in the sexually stupid country that I live in.

No, I'm not an exhibitionist or a hippie girl with hairy armpits. I was just raised to think naked bodies are natural and nothing to be ashamed of, that 50% of the world has the same "parts" and the other 50% has nothing that I haven't seen before either.

I am a great admirer of the human body, and I can appreciate and ogle a nice ass with the best of them.

I just wish that, in the USA, we could relax a bit where nakedness is concerned.

Stepping off my soapbox now, K

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I comfortable being naked?

Yes, most of the time.

On my own?

Yes.

With a lover?

Of course.

In a locker room?

No, and I work out at home.

In the company of strangers - both sexes?

Depends on the situation... if it's for a medical exam, no problem. But I would almost always feel more comfortable being naked around a man I don't know than I would a woman.

Epistasia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I really enjoy being naked! I feel very comfortable with my body but I have tact. I don't have a problem getting undressed if I need too but I don't go looking for excuses to.

In the summer (here in Southern Cali.) friends understand that they have to call before coming over, to give me a chance to get dressed. My signiture look is a bra and short-shorts.:biggrin1:

Brit

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am comfortable with all my many imperfections. I walk around the house nude in my yard and back porch {no fence either!},I also am naked when my friends come around or family. The exception being some of the male members. I am a nudist and before that I was a stripper for 15 years, so no problems with being naked. Even though I am much fatter than when I was dancing!
Naked is good for the soul! And my sex life! lol!

Epistasia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am comfortable with all my many imperfections. I walk around the house nude in my yard and back porch {no fence either!},I also am naked when my friends come around or family. The exception being some of the male members. I am a nudist and before that I was a stripper for 15 years, so no problems with being naked. Even though I am much fatter than when I was dancing!
Naked is good for the soul! And my sex life! lol!

Reading this makes me feel naive. I know that I have confidence in my self-image but I am very insecure about what I look like to others. Looking back on that statement alone makes me realize that I must not be as comfortable with myself as I say (seeing that I'm only projecting my own self-image). I find myself telling people that I'm a free spirit and will speak my mind but then I think about how much time I waste with what I excuse as "tact". Tact is commonly how I will justify not saying what I mean or wearing more than I'd like. I admire your ability to cast off those shackles. I always thought that I would lose respect from people if I don't keep myself in check, but then the part of myself that I hide asks; "Why do you seek their respect?" She says, "You will gain the respect you truly deserve, from those that truly mean it, once you have left your false pretense behind."

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I will never be comfortable with myself being naked, i do my best to try and avoid being seen naked by anybody. But i can say gradually i am realising need to accept what i am and what i look like. Cant say i like it but it IS what and who i am

Knockernail

1st Like
Media
:biggrin1:
In Europe, I think we have a lot more nudity - it's quite usual for both sexes to be naked together in saunas etc..

Are you comfortable being naked?

On your own?
With a lover?
In the locker room?

At my gym the dry saunas are for one sex. The turkish bath and the spa are not allowed without towel or bathing suit. Once i was at the spa totally nude when two girls came into. I had an embarrassed time. I had to wait till they were gone. I looked like a currant. :tongue: :tongue:

I have to go to the Great Albion one of these days.:biggrin1:

I really enjoy being naked! I feel very comfortable with my body but I have tact. I don't have a problem getting undressed if I need too but I don't go looking for excuses to.

In the summer (here in Southern Cali.) friends understand that they have to call before coming over, to give me a chance to get dressed. My signiture look is a bra and short-shorts.:biggrin1:

Brit

I would not call you before. :redface:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On your own? yes
With a lover? yes
In the locker room? no
With strangers of both sexes? hell no! not in person, pics doesn't matter

RnR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On your own? Yes...but really wasn't until I met my husband.
With a lover? See above.
In the locker room? Sure, but don't really prance around much.
That would be a tough one, but in the right circumstance I could be.

It's funny, I really used to be a bit of a prude. (Changing alone in a locker room, sleeping in a t-shirt, etc) But since I have been married I usually like being nude-except in the winter it seems freezing cold in the house. That means it's sweatshirt time!

Renee

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Mumzi- Try it and just maybe you'll like it. I see that you are from California, and in the "Golden State" there are a wide variety of naturist places where you and you're husband can dip your toes for the first time. First of all, the term nudist camp evokes a rustic place where people have two missing front incisors, wear ball caps, mullets, and perpetually hold a can of Budweiser while talking ad infinitum about NASCAR, restrictor plate racing and Jimmy-Jimmy Johnson. True there are those nudist gatherings, but so to there are several romantic retreats for couples in the Palm Springs area and up Northern California. Google up AANR for some links, take a deep breath, and go for it one of these weekends.:01:

Hey thirteenbyseven,
I love all those pix in your gallery,Wow you must be related to thirteen.3 huh?
I spend summers at a "nudist camp" and I have never seen the redneck,no-teeth,mullet wearing, nascar loonies ,dirty, bud drinking rednecks at any of the camps I have been to or have seen.
This must be something native, to where you reside and places
you frequent!
Hugs,
Cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Reading this makes me feel naive. I know that I have confidence in my self-image but I am very insecure about what I look like to others. Looking back on that statement alone makes me realize that I must not be as comfortable with myself as I say (seeing that I'm only projecting my own self-image). I find myself telling people that I'm a free spirit and will speak my mind but then I think about how much time I waste with what I excuse as "tact". Tact is commonly how I will justify not saying what I mean or wearing more than I'd like. I admire your ability to cast off those shackles. I always thought that I would lose respect from people if I don't keep myself in check, but then the part of myself that I hide asks; "Why do you seek their respect?" She says, "You will gain the respect you truly deserve, from those that truly mean it, once you have left your false pretense behind."

Epistasia,
I do care what I look like to myself, but as far as being upset by what someone I don't even know says, uh uh! I used to be very careful and tactful so as to not hurt someones feelings, now I just say whatever it is. Especially if it's the "truth". I don't think you have to apologize for being honest to anybody. Fuck tact! Respect is what you have to earn from folks. It's their problem if they can't deal with what you've said.
Not yours. It bothers me that people rarely ever say what they mean. I hate "beating around the friggin bush". It's just so much bullshit.
I hate that I'm fatter than when I was 30, but hey thats my life and I love it! It doesn't matter if anyone else likes it, but me, my family and my friends here, and Mr. Ed!
Sorry for the ramble sweety!
:biggrin1:

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
More so now than ever. I hang around naked in my apartment a lot of the time.

On your own? yes
With a lover? hell, yes, and he'd better be naked too if he knows what's good for him!
In the locker room? yes
With strangers of both sexes? I don't really know what you mean...I suppose if it's a locker room or medical situation (or a Brazilian bikini wax:tongue: ), then yes. Walking down the street naked? Not so much.