Ladies Night

Women like free drinks - men like drunk women


Where is the problem?

K so I get that, I mean I like free drinks too. I dunno I just think the problem is it's still discrimination and if it's wrong to pay women less than isn't it wrong to make guys pay more?
 
It's a marketing ploy nothing less, nothing more. That said, as long as women are only earning 70 cents for every dollar a man makes for doing the exact same work, I say keep ladies night, and f&*k anybody that doesn't like it. They don't have to participate. :cool:
I feel exactly this way. I'm more likely to go to a place that has a ladies night or a karaoke night, and that's also just the way it is.
 
Hey I saw on TV today some people are suing some bars in New York over ladies night, saying it discriminates against guys cuz they have to pay and girls don't. My bf mentioned something about this awhile ago where he thinks ladies night is totally unfair and you couldn't do a guys night like that cuz people would say it's discrimination. I actually sorta agree w/him. Anybody have thoughts?
It's about time that somebody stepped up to the plate to swat this disgraceful practice out of existance. It is definitely a form of discrimination; but, to me, even more disturbing is that it serves as a way to make the women more vulnerable by getting them drunk at a lower cost.

The strange thing about equal rights is the lopsidedness of it all. Women get a ladies night and it's all okay. If men have a mens night, it is viewed as unfair. If a man who is a sports reporter tries to enter the women's locker room he is called a pervert and barred from entry. Meanwhile, women are encouraged to become sports reporters and are allowed entry to the mens locker room because to bar them would be discriminatory.
 
well, really, who cares if you a. poop next to a man or woman or b. then wash your hands next to same person? any uncomfort we have i think is probably learned from whole lives of seperation.
Can you imagine how many men would freak out if they had to accidentally see a sanitary pad? Or what if you have to poop next to a guy you were trying to pick up?
 
Hey I saw on TV today some people are suing some bars in New York over ladies night, saying it discriminates against guys cuz they have to pay and girls don't. My bf mentioned something about this awhile ago where he thinks ladies night is totally unfair and you couldn't do a guys night like that cuz people would say it's discrimination. I actually sorta agree w/him. Anybody have thoughts?

The vast majority of clubs are private establishments. As such, they aren't subject to governmental rules of "fair play." They can admit whomever they please using any selection criteria they want, including selectively charging for the privilege of entry.

Because admission to a private venue is just that...a privilege, not a right.

If they want to let in only black jewish lesbian double-amputees with Down's Syndrome, that's their prerogative. If you don't fit their bill, tough shit.

Most clubs are opened to turn a profit. Traditionally, guys will go out and spend money to impress hot girls. The more girls that are in your club, and the better looking they are, then the higher the likelihood that guys will pay money to get in...to spend more money buying the girls drinks. Sure, it's an exploitative business model...but it works. If you don't like it, don't go.


Women catch a lot of crap and get treated like second-class citizens regularly in our society. I'm not saying "ladies' night" policies at nightclubs rectifies that, but it's part of the give-and-take...so enjoy it. :biggrin1:
 
The vast majority of clubs are private establishments. As such, they aren't subject to governmental rules of "fair play." They can admit whomever they please using any selection criteria they want, including selectively charging for the privilege of entry.\

K so I guess private establishments can pay guys more than women for the same work then? I have a professor who is sorta a feminist and the way she put it is if we want equal rights we have to want equal responsibilities (see that's the kinda stuff I wanna say but can never find the words!:smile:).