Locker Room - Sizing Up

builder10

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a hung bloke myself, I spose my view might be kinda skewed... But I dont get why other fellas get hung up bout how big their dick looks when theyre havin a shower or gettin changed.... Arent we all there just to get changed and have a shower? We've all got the same equipment at the end of the day, and who knows whos packin what when they bone up and fuck anyway?

I dunno... I find it kinda sad that guys feel they need to cover up or shower in private etc. In a chageroom situation, I think we as guys should feel comfortable to chat, shower, get changed etc.

Reactions: Galloway

freeballininnyc

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glad to see all the positive comments on this thread. I don't understand at what point men started being so concerned with how big their dick is/isn't around other men. They come in all shapes and sizes and those shapes and sizes vary greatly from flaccid to erect. If it works and brings YOU pleasure, it doesn't matter how big/small it is. Chances are no one's going to say to your face, "Whoa dude! That thing is SMALL!!" I liken it to a good body. Now, I enjoy a man who takes care of himself and has a nice looking body. That said, there has to be more to him than that for me to be interested long term. I mean, eventually we're all gonna get a little softer around the middle. If a relationship is based on looks and/or size, it ain't gonna last forever. Be more concerned about the man you present to the world as opposed to the dick you present to the lockerroom.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Western world worries... Dude it's not that big deal... If it works when you need it then you are ok. You don't use it when it is soft right? so what's the point of being jealous of another guy's assets if theyare big when soft? Yeah you maybe right, if it looks so big when soft, it must be huge when hard... And then what? Are they giving out prizes to well endowed - while soft - guys? And if it makes you feel better my junk is around 7,2 inches hard. If i am soft and when i feel very cold, oh man, it's a mess, it's hardly any 2,5 inches in total. So shill out man, that's the least of your worries...

Well put.

hrdhatdad

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think it goes to show that most of the things we worry about are really kind of dumb. It would never occur to me to compare myself with others in the locker room (at least not since I was 12). I'm not putting the poster down. I'm certain I have equally stupid concerns about other things.

sammann

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can relate to the original poster. I'm short and thin, my dick is 6 inches long but only 3.5 around when hard. That is 3.5 around not across. Anyhow, given that length and girth on my short and thin body it has the illusion of being larger then it really is. On top of that I'm definately a grower, so in the locker room I make certain to fluff it up before exposing it for any reason.

I can relate to the original poster though because I feel when I fluff I'm just about the same size as most other guy's soft.

The worst of it though is "the big three". That would be three of my wife's exboyfriends who all go to the gym. They are all very well endowed. My wife claims that the smallest of the three is 7.5 by 5 inches when he's flaccid, and from what I see she can't be that far from the truth.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
remember that a flaccid penis is very deceiving. a long flaccid 5 inch penis can sometimes only get 1-2 inches bigger when hard. doesn't necessarily mean its gonna turn into 9-10 inches.a small flaccid penis can very well be 7,8,9 inches when hard. be happy with what you got. if the chicks (or fellas) ain't complaining and it gets the job done then theres no need to worry.

theres this really tall dude with a low hanging penis who I see at the gym occasionally and he likes to strut around the locker room and shower area (private shower stalls) completely naked and he will do dumb attention-whore shit like stare in the bathroom mirror which is in between the locker room and shower area and not far off from the sauna (complete with glass window) and pretend as if he's washing his face and shaving. if he see's a guy walking buy he will nonchalantly turn his body in that direction because he wants someone to see his dick.

anyway on saturday i'm chilling in the sauna and this big attention seeking whore comes strutting by ass naked to the shower area as usual. see's me in there and gets into the shower thats closest to the sauna. he gets out and stands right infront of the damn damn sauna drying himself off knowing damn well he could've done that inside the shower. i just put my towel over my head and looked at the ground. i get out the sauna and he's in the mirror waiting for admirers. i see him looking at in the corner of my eye and i just kept looking straight and hit the corner.

I wanna hit that dude in his jaw so badly. next time i catch him acting like that i'm gonna put my fingers close together letting him know he has a small penis.

D_yabbadabbadont

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Western world worries... Dude it's not that big deal... If it works when you need it then you are ok. You don't use it when it is soft right? so what's the point of being jealous of another guy's assets if theyare big when soft? Yeah you maybe right, if it looks so big when soft, it must be huge when hard... And then what? Are they giving out prizes to well endowed - while soft - guys? And if it makes you feel better my junk is around 7,2 inches hard. If i am soft and when i feel very cold, oh man, it's a mess, it's hardly any 2,5 inches in total. So shill out man, that's the least of your worries...

I totally agree with the above. I'm 6x5 when soft but don't grow much more when hard so you never know.

linusbrown

Just Browsing
Media
coming in late to this thread and a new guy to the forum

i go to lots of different gyms because i travel weekly (almost daily) and i go out of my way to show off

i know its probably a jerk thing to do but it does feed my 'alpha male' nerve

which is funny because i am very shy and mostly a pacificist (walk away from fights, dont drink and start stuff, etc)

but there is something about being naked and having your cock slap back and forth when its the biggest "soft" one in the room

granted i am a show-er at about near six inches soft and only an 1-2 inches bigger when hard but fairly thicker than most

and i dont hide a thing because i walk around, shave, sauna with it all out

its OK to judge me and call me names cause i know its a "dick" thing to do -- but its not that bad is it???

Smallprivate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A Lockerroom is a one of the few places that a guy can get actual visual face-to-face validation regarding dick size. Some guys could care less, great for them, they're big enough to where they don't sweat it or just good with what they got. Others look for that validation, proves their bigger than most or confirms that they come up short, but great for them too.

It's all good, but if I have to hear "be glad it works" again-I'm gonna scream. Haha.

thebesthotsex

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Around my gym, a ripped bod gets more attention then a big dick. You can have the biggest dick in the world, but if it's attached to an ugly body, I'll pass. I stare at the ripped bods more out of envy than out of arousal.

colday

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have heard and experienced this also, that while working out your penis tends to retract back into the body therefore your penis would look smaller in the locker room, maybe this is the reason or if not its a good excuse. I know mine does this and yes it is embarrassing for other guys to see you when this happens.

uncut_1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
check out fit bodies first, second and third

prolly only notice penis if extreme... the whole grow-er/show-er thing must have kept me from ever thinking about sizing up with glance at flaccid

but even if notice an extreme not in sexual way... as pause for last time noticed the only thing that comes to mind is about five years ago after racquetball time at an over all gym... the guy that took challenge court from me came in, i had went to do other things, with his five or six year son, presume in the day care area while he played... i dislike kids being in shower to point that almost wish there was a rule against but i guess a father now "in charge" of kid can bring along... anyway, dude was one of those wiry guys, fast as lightening weighing no more than 150 if that and his darn thing just swayed back and forth really looking odd on his body type and then side vision caught something that had me chuckling as left gym thinking "like father like son"

sicko. get out.

D_Farrah_Moan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we should not worry about who has a bigger cock. My dad had a bigger cock for 15 years, but I still loved him and was not envious. its a penis.who cares

B_lykaner

Sexy Member
Media
I'm a huge shower and I get starred down regularly in locker rooms. I'm about 7" soft and it sometimes feel really embarrassing or inappropriate, because it's just so much "out there" and everyone stares. I hate going to the pool around children, they can lack tact.

Also, when people look, whether with disdain or awe, it triggers a self-conscious reaction and I have gotten boners because I felt everyone was looking, and it absolutely did NOT help. These were some of the worst situations I've been in. Few, fortunately, but gut wrenching.

So I'd sometimes rather be a shower. You definitively have positive points.

eddie7039

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Shave your pubic hair and it will look bigger. I see 3 or 4 guys beside myself that are smooth at the fitness club. No one ever comments on my being smooth. If you worry about being tagged as gay, just ask if you shave your head does it make you a basketball player.

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I would be lying if I claimed not to enjoy it when other guys in the locker room -- or anywhere else -- notice and seemingly admire my big dick. Whereas it makes me feel good about myself, I derive no satisfaction from making anyone else feel bad about himself. Consciuously, though, I know that reality is such that whenever someone possesses something that is considered desirable, those who do not possess it are likely to turn that lack negatively on themselves, in some way, in some degree. This generally holds true among men in respect to penis size, so I think what the original poster describes is completely normal.

We all have to deal with not having or being everything that we would want if we could make things different. It is part of the human condition. The trick is to rationally keep a balanced perspective on it all. So, my advice to rimpley m, is to keep in mind that in the grand scheme, there are many more imortant things in this life than relative penis size. Furthermore, since you say you have an average sized dick -- and the vast majority of men do -- concentrate on being grateful you don't have a small one. As a well hung man myself, I do not feel pity or bad in anyway for men who have normal sized dicks, but I instinctively do feel bad for men who are notably small. So, you're fine -- live long, prosper, and be content.

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I would say it depends on if you workout in a gym with open showers or with shower stalls. If it is with shower stalls from my experience you will experience what you are going through because many men give their dicks a little tug before they leave their stall to have it semi hard or larger looking so when they are walking around or in the steam room/sauna they look bigger. They know they are going to be compared, so they have it ready. One the other hand, my experiences with open showers is that you see that many men are growers and are soft and smaller and you quickly see the real hung guys. It becomes less of an issue.

Id say don't worry about it. Actually on my blog/site I am talking about how open showers is a healthier option for men, yet they are being used less and less in our society. My blog is Home - A Man's Life: A Place for Discussion.

Reactions: nicnic

hungphat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that it is a natural thing for a guy to see how he "measures up" so to speak in real life. As we all know, the internet has skewed our view of reality, especially this site. LOL. I don't mind a quick glance here and there, as long as its not staring. I know guys do it. Because I played sports since I was a kid, I'm used to open showers and it doesn't bother me. I don't "flaunt" myself around the locker room, but don't hide either. I just act natural. I'm sure I have made some people feel self-conscious around me but I can't do anything about that. Every now and then I run into someone who is endowed like me but it is rare. Only once did I see a guy bigger than me.

Reactions: srock and nicnic