Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have seen grown men urinate on the train. : unamused:

As long as the woman doesn't feel the need to fumigate the car with loose powder, by all means, ladies, get your pretty on.

ETA: kinda noticed most of the complaining peeps are old dudes.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: 950483

Train travel must a hell of a lot smoother than it is here.

I can imagine trying to do lip liner *bump/ vibrate* and have a lip liner pencil accidentally inserted up my left nostril.

Well, it's annoying to an unpublished percentage of respondents in a non-scientific poll. That kinda rates up there with "A blogger was mad about X".

I don't care if someone does their makeup on the train.
Exactly. The BBC news has gone to shit. It's suffering a gradual decline into clickbait and nonsense. It's a news story about just the one miserable old man complaining. I've never noticed that anyone else cares at all about me applying make-up on the train.
Truthfully, the BBC haven't a hope in hell of ever making me pay for a TV licence ever again. What used to be one of the more respectable sources of news is now mostly propaganda and nonsense, and I've no intention of funding it any more.

I used to have to be to work over an hour from home at 5 AM. I am a PRO at subway makeup application.
I once watched a woman apply make-up on a side facing seat on a bumpy and swervy bus ride. I was amazed at her skill. How she didn't manage to stab herself in the eye with her mascara I will never know. From further down the bus I could see out of the window when a roundabout or sharp turn were coming up, and I was tempted to shout this information for her like a rally car co-driver.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly. The BBC news has gone to shit. It's suffering a gradual decline into clickbait and nonsense. It's a news story about just the one miserable old man complaining. I've never noticed that anyone else cares at all about me applying make-up on the train.
Truthfully, the BBC haven't a hope in hell of ever making me pay for a TV licence ever again. What used to be one of the more respectable sources of news is now mostly propaganda and nonsense, and I've no intention of funding it any more.

"Make out on the train" would've been a cooler article. Risky Business is 35 years old this year :O

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Colorado Springs (Colorado, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used to have to be to work over an hour from home at 5 AM. I am a PRO at subway makeup application.
its disturbing when women do their make-up while driving a car but on a train np I'd give her points for trying to look pretty
My sister is a prima Donna b:%#& -!she is very vain - can’t walk past any reflection of herself with out looking. We both worked at a restaurant together and would ride to work together she would do her make up when she drove. I hated this so when I drove I made sure there were lots of abrupt stops
Bumps jerks curves ! Nothing like lip stick line across the face! Needless to say I broke her of her habit!

Reactions: MsSpicy

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never gave a second thought to finishing my makeup on the train. If anyone had a problem with it then it was their problem, not mine.

Reactions: Spartan727

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From further down the bus I could see out of the window when a roundabout or sharp turn were coming up, and I was tempted to shout this information for her like a rally car co-driver.
That would have been hilarious to witness! I also apply makeup in the car if I'm a passenger. (NEVER as the driver!) It amazes my ex. In truth, once a route is traveled a few times, I become familiar with the road or track. I keep my mind ready to move my hand away from my face. I must have done this hundreds of times since 2000, and 18 years is heaps of practice. In all that time I've poked myself twice with eyeliner, and twice with mascara. I've slightly messed up the lipstick once. Once, I didn't like the way any of it came out. So, I applied lotion, and wiped it all off with tissues and baby wipes, and began anew. The only thing I cannot do, as I learned enroute to an audition, is apply false lashes. To be fair, because of the shape of my lids, I struggle with that even without a moving vehicle.

Now I want a rush hour makeup pit crew.

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I shamelessly apply make-up on the train. :)
It never even occurred to me that anyone might have a problem with it.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Most likely wouldn't really notice...

I have seen grown men urinate on the train. : unamused:

I'm presuming you were not in the lavatory with said men when this transpired, in which case I would most definitely have a problem with this. WTF? Do they not have CCTV on these trains?

Reminds me of a small shopkeeper (small village) who had problems with miscreants urinating in the letterbox of his shop door during the wee ( :laughing: ) hours of the morning... He wired it up to an electric fence energizer. I *think* he got into some trouble over it with the authorities, but personally I thought it was an inspired idea...

I'm by no means offended, but i also probably wouldn't do it. I question how appropriate/clean it is... i end up with powder/shadow/blush all over my vanity, so it's probably getting all over your neighbors, the seats, etc. Not sure why, but i think it'd bother me more to have someone doing their hair than their makeup. Chance of invading someone elses space/ getting elbowed would be high.

I would definitely be irritated by someone trimming their fingernails and would probably say something if they did their toenails

Reactions: g0nz0

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I once watched a woman apply make-up on a side facing seat on a bumpy and swervy bus ride. I was amazed at her skill. How she didn't manage to stab herself in the eye with her mascara I will never know. From further down the bus I could see out of the window when a roundabout or sharp turn were coming up, and I was tempted to shout this information for her like a rally car co-driver.
this video is hilarious!!

Reactions: g0nz0

Seriously?!
I can't believe that anyone has a problem with it.
What's wrong with doing make-up on a train?

Really? They have assholes groping women, installing cameras in the tongues of their shoes to record women with up skirts shots and we have issues about women putting on make up.

Not only are we being nosy assholes; but we are being fucking assholes for not getting a grip on what may look unusual vice what is bad.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.