MARLON BRANDO

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marlon Brando was so talented and handsome. I just recently saw Street Car Named Desire earlier this year.

that's one of my favorite old movies. #1 it takes place down here in NOLA and #2 marlon was so damn sexy in it. a brute, but a sexy brute...the best kind. lol

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Marlon was a mixture of personality traits and it's impossible to pin him down to a "type". He simply wasn't a type or a category. He had the soul of a true artist. He rode a motorcycle. He played bongo drums. He read poetry. He's admitted himself to having sex with guys. (Actor David Niven, in a well known anecdote, caught Marlon kissing Laurence Olivier in a pool at a Hollywood party, and Niven was not given to making up gossip). In "Streetcar Named Desire" which opened on Broadway in December, 1947 when he was 23 years old, Brando gave (arguably) one of the most electrifying performances in the american theater in the entire 20th century.

Here are some really beautiful pics of Marlon, mostly during his early theater years:

http://chambreavecvue.canalblog.com/images/t-Marlon_Brando.jpeg

http://www.mamapop.com/mamapop/images/2008/04/03/marlon_brando.jpg

http://www.photographersgallery.com/i/full/marlon_brando3.jpg

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebsm/marlonbrando/marlon_brando_2.jpg

http://www.divasthesite.com/images/Divos/Divo_Marlon_Brando.JPG

http://www.ankegroener.de/anke1/Bilder/marlon_brando.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/BUDSTAMPER/VARIOUS/brando11.jpg

File:Marlon Brando in Steetcar Named Desire trailer.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--------------------

Here's a scene from the film version of "Streetcar": with Viven Leigh (Leigh, who was married to Laurence Olivier!):

YouTube - Marlon Brando~'You Must Be Stanley' ~Streetcar Named Desire

Where are those details published? I have not seen them. I also haven't heard of his costars calling him bisexual. Truth is truth and propagatting myths is...well stupid. Unless you are a fool and believe everything in Angers' Hollywood Babylon. Parts 1 AND 2. IMHO.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Hells: Where are those details published? I have not seen them. I also haven't heard of his costars calling him bisexual. Truth is truth and propagatting myths is...well stupid.

--------------------

Hells: I see; I'm "propogating myths" now.

It's one of Brando's most famous quotes:

"In the 1970s he famously told an interviewer, "Like many men I too have had homosexual experiences, and I am not ashamed."

Marlon Brando dead at 80 | \ | Advocate.com

Google the quote yourself since I'm not to be trusted.

Another:

In an interview with Gary Carey, for his 1976 biography The Only Contender, Brando said, "Homosexuality is so much in fashion it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me. But if there is someone who is convinced that Jack Nicholson and I are lovers, may they continue to do so. I find it amusing." On his death in 2004, the ashes of his childhood friend Wally Cox, which Brando had kept with him since 1973, were mingled and scattered together with Brando's own ashes in Tahiti and Death Valley.

Marlon Brando - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--------------------

Also, during the filming of A Streetcar Named Desire, which featured Olivier's wife, Vivien Leigh, David Niven discovered Leigh's co-star Marlon Brando and Olivier kissing in the swimming pool. "I turned my back to them and went back inside to join Vivien. I'm sure she knew what was going on, but she made no mention of it. Nor did I. One must be sophisticated about such matters in life." In August 2006, on the radio program Desert Island Discs, Plowright responded to the question of Olivier's alleged bisexuality by stating: "If a man is touched by genius, he is not an ordinary person. He doesn't lead an ordinary life. He has extremes of behaviour which you understand and you just find a way not to be swept overboard by his demons. You kind of stand apart. You continue your own work and your absorption in the family. And those other things finally don't matter."

Laurence Olivier - Biography - The Biographicon

Reactions: teddybaerli1

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Hells: Take another look at your kindly response:

Where are those details published? I have not seen them. I also haven't heard of his costars calling him bisexual. Truth is truth and propagatting myths is...well stupid. Unless you are a fool and believe everything in Angers' Hollywood Babylon. Parts 1 AND 2. IMHO.

--------------------

You say I am "propagating myths" and say "you are a fool" to me.

Instead of performing a few quick perfunctory searches on google or yahoo, you'd rather not - and, instead, call people fools.

Fine. I'll remember to cite sources in the future -- even for basic, common, cultural references -- since you apparently cannot navigate a search engine to double check before blasting off.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hells: Take another look at your kindly response:

--------------------

You say I am "propagating myths" and say "you are a fool" to me.

Instead of performing a few quick perfunctory searches on google or yahoo, you'd rather not - and, instead, call people fools.

Fine. I'll remember to cite sources in the future -- even for basic, common, cultural references -- since you apparently cannot navigate a search engine to double check before blasting off.

Dude...calm doooooown. First of all remember we're in the forum where amost every thread someone says they know some, has a cousin, has an ex that slept w/everyone that's posted here. I don't think I claimed you were a fool. Jeez. When I said "you'd have to be a fool" I meant in general...not YOU.

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dude...calm doooooown. First of all remember we're in the forum where amost every thread someone says they know some, has a cousin, has an ex that slept w/everyone that's posted here. I don't think I claimed you were a fool. Jeez. When I said "you'd have to be a fool" I meant in general...not YOU.

you tell 'em baby!

Somebody2Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I hadn't ever seen this picture of Brando, showing a good deal of VPL! By the way, do you think the picture of him supposedly giving head to another guy is real?

Marlon playing baseball in the early 1950's at an Actor's Studio party in Connecticut..Mmmmm ;-)

Attachments

there was some rumored picture of marlon brando suckin his own dick that was floatin around the internet some time ago. any see it, or have it?

Dirtypop8

Sexy Member
Media
I have seen it. I am pretty sure it was real. it was in a book, it was black and white. it was him sucking another guy, not a selfsuck. He admitted to having sex with men in his autobio. it is in the section where he is talking about sexuality and filming last tango in paris

sexyitalnyc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To my understanding, most actors then (and now) were bisexual because they had to be, that is to say, had society been more accepting of a homosexual lifestyle, they would have been able to fully indulge their dispositions, but because society was [and is] what it was, they were obliged to also pursue the social "norms" of a heterosexual lifestyle, get married, have children, etc.

In the case of Brando, it can be argued that he was quite a sexual being, his natural preference being men, and Wally being his life partner and primary source of his emotional attachment.

Many years ago, I knew an old woman, now passed away, who knew personally all those great Hollywood legends. She told my friends and I a story about when she first met Brando (who would go on to become a close friend of hers until his death). She was at a party with a bunch of then up-and-coming Hollywood stars, lots of drinking, smoking and carousing. Brando, having already drunk a lot, had come over to her and began to kiss her--which, even into her 80's she averred was the worst kiss of her life. The next day, Brando was to begin filming for Streetcar Named Desire and he had arranged passes for her and her friends to come to the set. She opted not to go and instead found herself on a plane for Paris where she managed to open one of the primary celebrity hotspots of the era. She said the reason why she didn't go to the set was because she understood in her little make-out session with Brando that he really wasn't into her, or into any women, for that matter, and was doing it because he felt he needed to. She commented on how she observed his interactions with the other guys and that there was something much more intensely erotic and sexual with them than with the women he would try to bed. Some time later, when they had well established their friendship, he made it very clear to her that he had found the love of his life but knew that he could never live that lifestyle openly and maintain his leading-man, sex-symbol status.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm convinced that sexual orientation is on a continuum, from 100% straight to 100% gay, but society usually forces us to select one role or the other. Movie stars, with both money and access to whomever they choose, have more flexibility, so it's no surprise that Brando had his share of male lovers.