Men Crying?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is nothing wrong with a man expressing his emotions. Actually I would think it was sweet. I have seen a few men cry at funerals and such. When my bestfriend and her BF broke up he came over to my house and spent a good deal of time crying. I was astonished, and I found my self tearing up with him. I think it's a special man that can feel that deeply and show his emotions so readly. That being said I cry over just about every stupid thing on the face of the earth. It's an automatic reaction (that I hate), but I have never seen man do that. Are men just told it's not ok? How do guys control that?

edit: and actually if a guy started crying and we were arguing I would really think he meant what he said

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it's emotional, not soppy. Real men should not be afraid to show their feelings or emotions, whether moved by a film, book, relationship issue, tragedy, whatever. Nudeyorker said it best: "If men were not supposed to cry they would not be able to."

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure that my reaction would depend on what he cried at. If a man cries during Life is Beautiful, I am touched by his emotion. If he cried during something else, something I think is too soppy or melodramatic for actual tears, I might think he was too soppy for me. It really just depends on the situation.

When the men I've dated have cried in front of me, which is rare, sometimes it has greatly increased my opinion of them. I like complexity in my men. I want a guy who is sometimes tough and who is sometimes sensitive.

I've never seen TheBF cry, which actually bothers me a little. I wish he felt more open towards me with his emotions. The closest I've ever seen cry was after we found out I was pregnant. He didn't react emotionally to my pregnancy, he just said that he was happy and he felt like it was "time." About a week later, we were watching a movie and there was this moving moment when the main character who desperately wanted a child discovers that he has a young daughter when he meets her for the very first time. I looked at TheBF and his eyes were red. He reacted like I had caught him doing something embarrassing, but I was deeply touched by it. I wish he could express those sorts of emotions to me with ease, but that just isn't the way he is.

Last edited:

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I cried at the end of 'Saving Private Ryan' when the lead character stood at the grave marker for the man that saved his life and asked his wife 'Tell me I've lead a good life.' I keep the tracing from the "WALL" of a buddy of mine. I still haven't been able to watch that scene again.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I know that most men don't cry when watching emotional films, however I simply can't help it.
I don't full on cry, just a tear and a slight weep, nothing major.

I remember when me and a few mates went to see Gran Torino at the cinema, there were two parts which made me shead a little tear {the bit were Sue gets beaten up and raped and the bit at the end when Walt gets killed}

Tbh I thought that sheading a tear was a pretty normal natural response to the two situations, My mates shrugged the whole thing off, taking the piss because my eyes got a bit watery.

I prefer a film that provokes an emotion, its that deep feeling you get in your chest and throat, and the goosebumps.

Tbh, I don't feel any less manly. So yeah crying isn't a bad thing in my opinion, as long as its not full on OTT.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm sure that my reaction would depend on what he cried at. If a man cries during Life is Beautiful, I am touched by his emotion. If he cried during something else, I might think he was too soppy for me. It just depends on the situation.
Lol, i wouldn't say i really cried, but i had a wet eyes at some moments of that movie. While other movies where many girls i have watched them with cried have not gotten to me, i liked that one, but there are a few movies that get me very emotional. I don't care what people think about that anyway.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's ok for men to cry, but they have to make sure other men aren't around because they'll get the shit kicked out of them:mad:...especially if they're gay (or should I say 'male exclusive')?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've cried at funerals, deaths, sad movies (especially where dogs get killed or die) and
even emotional moments when my team wins after a comeback.

I'd even love to find a big dick and as the old expression goes..."hug it and cry!" :rolleyes:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lol, i wouldn't say i really cried, but i had a wet eyes at some moments of that movie. While other movies where many girls i have watched them with cried have not gotten to me, i liked that one, but there are a few movies that get me very emotional. I don't care what people think about that anyway.

Oh I've cried at TV commercials! I just couldn't think of an example of something that I thought would be too sappy for crying that would negatively affect my opinion of a man. Crying at real tragedies and truly moving things, including moving scenes in movies, those things make me think more of a man.

The only times I've ever dated a man and his crying has made me think less of him were men seemed to be especially pathetic and manipulative with the tears during an argument. There's a difference between sincere crying and manipulative tears. Two guys I dated seemed to try as hard as they could to cry as much as possible if they thought that it would get them what they wanted or win the argument. The tears frequently seemed insincere and manipulative to me. Those tears make me think less of a man.

Last edited:

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Masculine - definitely!!!

Watching my first husband holding our son for the very first time, the tears streaming down his face as he looked at him, made all the pain worthwhile.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Isn't it just a basic difference betwen masculine traits & feminine, regardless of gender?

I literally couldn't cry as a child until I had an op - now I can cry on demand, but don't.

The propensity might be a mix of psychological make up & hormones.

Masculine trait people never cry during or after arguements it seems.

Just sentimentally(especially when drunk), or when in pain, or after the adrenalin cuts out after a physical fight.

BTW, just because there's no crying , it doesn't mean that the depths of emotion aren't being explored.

Last edited:

beretta8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it's cool that a man can cry and be in touch with that sort of emotion. It is a part of masculinity, imo....

Crying for the sake of crying...Sometimes watching a movie I know will jerk my tears is good.....but spontaneous emotion is a turn on...

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My family kept a stiff upper lip. Around our house you were not supposed to get too emotional about anything. Nobody usually cried when great grandparents or grandparents died...of course they all had lived for nearly a century so it was not a big tragedy when they finally passed on.

Once when I cried as a kid after my dad whipped me with a belt (I can't remember the offense but I am sure I deserved it) he told me "only sissy's cry". I have never cried since then about anything, even when I was in the hospital and got a very serious diagnosis that could have been terminal. I will never let myself cry about anything no matter how awful it is.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i find them irritating.

i very rarely cry. i'm talking death or agony.

other people blubbing just gets on my nerves.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i find them irritating.

i very rarely cry. i'm talking death or agony.

other people blubbing just gets on my nerves.

If a guy finds some part of the History Channel war documentary to be sad, hey he can slip a sniffle in. Or if someone dies, or if he's in immense amounts of pain.

I only cry during Marley and Me, severe labor, kidney stones, gallstones and broken bones and funerals.

D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Experimental Member
Media
Rarely cry.

Normally at very weird times.

1.) Watching Pokemon as a kid. Don't ask me why. I still dont know.
2.) First heartbreak. So lame.
3.) Alone, when I thought about how I would never have a father to show me how to be a man.

Five incidents in the last 15 years. The two others I will refrain from saying.

Last edited: