Money

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At one point in my life I was tempted to date a rich man. Had a target in mind, too. Wealthy family. Except I really didn't like him as a human being, and I felt absolutely horrible for even thinking about it.

Ever get in a point in life when you feel that your options are so limited that you would sell your soul to get a break? Yeah, it was like that. I've learned a lot from that situation. Don't accept that fate. Make another option, but don't choose the obvious devil.

Actually, I have a standing offer to date a rich man. I can't see it happening, because I only like women. But, if I felt like moving to Las Vegas, I would probably not want for much. lol

Like I said above, I actually did date a widow for a short period of time that was extremely wealthy. It wasn't that she and I didn't get along. Even though we were only ten years apart in age (She was older), we were at really different points in our lives. I have to admit, however, I gave some thought as to what it would be like.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Actually, I have a standing offer to date a rich man. I can't see it happening, because I only like women. But, if I felt like moving to Las Vegas, I would probably not want for much. lol

Like I said above, I actually did date a widow for a short period of time that was extremely wealthy. It wasn't that she and I didn't get along. Even though we were only ten years apart in age (She was older), we were at really different points in our lives. I have to admit, however, I gave some thought as to what it would be like.
Who wouldn't think about it? :)I know I had a couple of men seriously interested in me who had a lot of money. I just didn't like them. But that didn't mean I didn't imagine what it would be like...never to worry about money again, vacations anywhere in the world, not having to work unless I wanted to - getting serious education in whatever I wanted. Alas, I just couldn't do it. Damn my moral high ground! :p :mad:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who wouldn't think about it? :)I know I had a couple of men seriously interested in me who had a lot of money. I just didn't like them. But that didn't mean I didn't imagine what it would be like...never to worry about money again, vacations anywhere in the world, not having to work unless I wanted to - getting serious education in whatever I wanted. Alas, I just couldn't do it. Damn my moral high ground! :p :mad:
The man who took me to Paris was going to take me to someplace I'd never been every spring, and to his favorite Pacific islands for short jaunts on all his other vacations from work, AND to anyplace his job sent him on a junket unless I couldn't leave the restaurant he was going to give me, though he seemed confident I could learn to delegate. I suck at delegating. I mean, I can do it, but it's always an emotional trial. I'd have needed one hell of a manager, and a sous from heaven itself. Anyway, while I had other things in my life (and his life) to consider, I definitely thought about the positive changes I would have experienced, and when paying bills is painful, and my grandmother is driving me nuts, or I read something amazing about him in the paper, I do sometimes remember the path not taken. This spring was supposed to be Kenya. Next was supposed to be Shanghai. And he's invited to tea with the prime minister. Again. I have no regrets, but that does sound like an awfully nice life.

Reactions: LaFemme

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
So you wouldn't date someone just because they have a huge income, but might turn someone down because they had a really small one? Sounds vaguely familiar.
:)
Ha. Better analogy: man with huge dick is a possibility (heck, dealing with one is what led me here). Not a requirement by a long shot.
Small income/ dick with brains to know how to handle it, perfectly fine.
Missing is an issue.
;)

Reactions: rope9839

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ha. Better analogy: man with huge dick is a possibility (heck, dealing with one is what led me here). Not a requirement by a long shot.
Small income/ dick with brains to know how to handle it, perfectly fine.
Missing is an issue.
;)

It would so much easier if these things mattered more. All I would need is a dick pic and a pdf of my W2 and I would be good to go. The mating dance, the way it is constructed, is so much harder to master. lol

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rather than start a new thread, here is a question on the other end.

What is you take when women are willing to put up with chronically unemployed, lazy men. Often even felons.

I know more than a few women who seem to have a lot going for them - they work hard, pay the bills, make sure their kids are taken care of and get to school, and they also let some slug sit on the couch - which the woman bought.

I have never really understood this. There are a couple of specific instances where I tried to make a play for a woman that were head shakers for me. Both times we went out a few times and had a good enough time and then, in like a day, they had some derelict living with them, eating her groceries.

This would be something different that "dating a guy for money." Really just dating a guy who makes and effort would seem reasonable, like many of you have said above.

Have you seen something like this? Do you have any opinion of why some women seem to be swinging way below the league they should be playing in?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Losers are easier to find than men with money. And maybe there's something about a guy who "needs" you - brings out the nurturer. Diamond in the rough, he has potential no one else can see...build your own man. Maybe a reflection of ones own low self-esteem? Could be any number of reasons.

I did that once. He definitely needed me. Well, he needed someone to look after him. Now my philosophy is a man is who he is - no diamond in the rough, take him as he is. He needs to be a grownup, be able to take care of his own financial needs and be ok emotionally. Nobody is perfect, but I need a man and not to raise a boy.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A man isn't a handbag. I shouldn't have to carry him.

Thing is a lot of them are actually douche bags. And women still seem to carry a lot of them around.

I do think the overall answer here is somewhere self esteem and not knowing any better. Like they say "You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl."

LadyJesseQuinn

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
those who marry for money usually earn it

-anon

when I was a younger student working security I was usually the lower income earner when it came to peeps I dated casually because I was earning just over minimum wage. I didn't/don't need much to be happy so cash was never an attraction; everything that was important to me I could provide for myself. I've never been comfortable with peeps who throw around cash and I'm suspicious of those who do, makes me concered about the real motivation behind that sort of behavior. I never wanted to be someone's dependent or pet so my focus was always doing for me, on my own terms.

In later years my income went way up so I was usually the higher earner, and for the first few years of being with my partner I earned far more than he. It was never an issue, he worked as hard as I did (harder actually, as he had to fight through the vicious circle of 'no job/no 'Canadian experience'/no job) and both of us were comfortable.

Now his income is far higher than before and mine also rose concurrently so we're both more secure and have a greater array of options open to us (that's what money means to me; security and options) but I'd still be with him even if he hadn't achieved the level of business success he enjoys.

I would have fallen in love with him even if I was still just getting by and he alone was banking, but that's only because I trust him enough to know that if that were the case he'd never employ it as a weapon of control against me

I'm partially responsible for his success and he's partially responsible for mine, as we've both supported and ecouraged each other in pursing important (and lucrative) personal and professional goals. To me that's a healthy approach to a partnership, how two peeps come together to enhance and benefit each other's lives, not 'who has what'.

I'd never want to be with someone for whom money was a factor, in either direction.

INDFEM

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never "ONLY" for money....

but get me two guys, everything same & i might go with the one who has deeper pocket.

Similar to , get me two guys, everything same, and i might go with the one with a bigger dick..

Anything wrong with that ?

Reactions: rope9839

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Never "ONLY" for money....

but get me two guys, everything same & i might go with the one who has deeper pocket.

Similar to , get me two guys, everything same, and i might go with the one with a bigger dick..

Anything wrong with that ?
Nope, just that there's no such thing as two guys who are exactly the same. But everyone has different priorities. :)

Samantha Hopkins

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a friend we call the gold digger. She has always dated guys based on their financial status and looks. She never said that, but that is how it was. When we were younger, I confess I was somewhat jealous. She would have Mr. G.Q. and they just got back from Monaco for the weekend.

The funny thing was, or perhaps sad thing was is that she ended up marring a pretty boy rich guy, as predicted. They had the perfect hous, as predicted. They had two perfect kids, as predicted....then he moved on. Basically he was still rich and handsome and had no need for a girl who looked like she had had two kids.

I feel bad for her, but she never dated a nice guy. It was always pretty boy rich guy. A lot of them were downright abusive. Now shes alone raising two kids and cant figure out what happened. She's truly confused that the pretty boy rich guys are lining up for a very pretty girl, with a pre-fab family.