Monster truck crushes promoter at event

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Monster truck crushes promoter at event

(CNN) -- A monster truck show promoter, who days earlier touted his event's safety record, died after being crushed by one of the trucks during a show in Madison, Wisconsin, Saturday night.

George Eisenhart's death was the second fatality at a monster truck event in just over a week.

"Saturday's incident, which is an uncommon occurrence, ... was a freak accident," Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney said Sunday.

"Review of the incident shows that George [Eisenhart] accidentally stepped in front of a moving vehicle in a fashion that did not provide the vehicle's driver adequate time to react," said a statement from the Monster Truck Racing Association. "All of us at the MTRA send our deepest condolences to the Eisenhart family and all the parties involved. We are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend."

Eisenhart, 41, died eight days after a 6-year-old boy was killed by flying debris at a monster truck show in Tacoma, Washington. The shows were staged by different promoters.

Ironically, Eisenhart talked about the safety of his shows, put on by Monster Truck Nationals, in an interview with a Madison television station before the weekend event.

"This is our 16th year," Eisenhart told CNN affiliate WKOW. "I wish I had a big piece of wood to knock on right now, but we have not had an incident besides a gal slipping in the aisleway at another location."

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
This was a terrible thing to happen, but I saw the video this morning on the news and can't figure out how the promoter didn't see this huge truck coming towards him. The driving couldn't see him, but I guess he was looking the other way!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Looked like a suicide to me. The video stops right before he gets hit, but he walks right in front of the tire.

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can see how he couldn't hear it. If you've ever been to any kind of large event like that and factor in the noises from the engines plus the crowd noise, it's very hard to hear anything distinctively. However, I'm with you guys. I think he could've seen the truck.

What's ironic about it all is that they showed a video of him a few weeks where he was talking about how safety is everyone's first priority. Whenever I see something like this happen, I automatically think of the Final Destination films.

Blessings