Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol, Mick. That's cool.

That's steep, G. However, worth it, I'm sure if it's getting the necessary TLC.

As an aside, does anyone use a Boss Loop station? If so, there's a competition going down. You can check out the details here: BOSS Loop Station World Championship

Blessings

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quick question: does anyone own a Fender Squier Strat? I'm currently talking to someone who's looking to sell, but I'm curious about the experience that others have had with them. Let me know!

Blessings

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quick question: does anyone own a Fender Squier Strat? I'm currently talking to someone who's looking to sell, but I'm curious about the experience that others have had with them. Let me know!

Blessings

I own a Squier Tele. (Yeah, I know...THAT ain't a Squier Stratocaster.)

My tele is okay. IT isn't a FENDER TELE. But it sounds like a Telecaster should.
The Squiers...are usually lower quality than Fender brand guitars...but are instruments to be used.

They are starter instruments. You can perform...but comparing Squiers to Fenders. Fenders are better aesthetically. Better materials. And I do believe that the Squier models are a bit smaller than the Fender models.

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As fate would have it, I might be getting a Mexican Fender Strat. I got one of my electric guitars fixed the other day, and there were two (count 'em - TWO) up for grabs at a good price. We'll see what happens.

I appreciate the feedback, invisibleman.

Blessings

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As fate would have it, I might be getting a Mexican Fender Strat. I got one of my electric guitars fixed the other day, and there were two (count 'em - TWO) up for grabs at a good price. We'll see what happens.

I appreciate the feedback, invisibleman.

Blessings

No problem.

There are people doing custom work on Squiers to make them pretty good instruments. You can get good prices on them.

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What kind of music (or kinds) do you play, D?

I'm eager to experiment with the Strat, invisible. The guy who worked on my guitar was telling me about the tone and some of the nuts and bolts of it. Definitely got me eager.

Blessings

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol. That's not bad, Andrew. You should check out Iron and Wine. There's some pretty good picking on a number of Sam's songs.

As an aside, there's a good chance that I might be obtaining an Ebow. It would be perfect for the kind of music I'm playing right now. Hooray, technology! j/k

Blessings

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, nevermind on the Ebow. I got dicked over and the guy ended up selling it to someone else after I told him I'd take it. Damn bad business!

Blessings

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Played in a number of fast hardcore punk bands (grindcore/powerviolence) and some metal bands (some ambient black metal, some death and thrash metal...). Guitars/vocals. That's mostly in the past. Still love the music, but you know.. not into the whole 'band' thing anymore as far as creating music goes. Also made some noise when I was 18/19, which was really fun.

First attempt at making music were at 14, I made really syncopated, sample based hip-hop. Like a shittier version of stuff like Flying Lotus.

For the past two years I've mainly been making breakcore (and some related genres like gabber). Some tunes are kinda melodic, other really on the noisy side. I tend to sample ambient black metal, folk music and dinosaur documentaries/movies, though I do the usual break mashing with a nice melody on top as well. Really depends on my mood. Also delve in dubstep, UK garage, acid techno, psychedelic hip-hop and drum n bass.

Currently nothing I wanna show, but to those unfamiliar with breakcore, Venetian Snares is the 'rock star' of the scene. Check the bit 5:50 and on to get an exagerated idea of what breakcore and my music is about. Though it's a wide genre.