New Clothes for Spring

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
We need to lighten up a bit around here.

My new issue of GQ arrived today and it has Jessica Alba, the actress, on the cover. She's only 23 and there is no one I'd rather spend my 10% on right now. Gorgeous woman and if you believe those PR driven "interviews" funny and sexy too.

But I digress. I buy the magazine for the articles on clothes and this one has Spring resort and sport wear. As predicted elsewhere on this site baggy pants are out and jeans are very low rise and snug in the crotch. I love that thought "snug in the crotch". Your best fashion accessory is flat abs.

One spread was shot in Buenas Aries with the clothes having lots of bright and strong colors and the model is obviously freeballing so I guess its official.....

Another article on where to find good looking "cheap" business suits.

Finally more casual clothes modeled by the actor Nick Cannon and everything is designed to show off the body. But few men have a body like that guy!

I hope you enjoyed the short break and you can now resume squabbling and examining each other's plumbing.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I also get GQ as well as Details. I'm not a fan of half-naked women on the cover b/c I think it's rather juvenile and anytime you want to talk fashion and clothes-let me know--I'm game!

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by dickbulge@Mar 23 2005, 03:48 AM

My new issue of GQ arrived today and it has Jessica Alba, the actress, on the cover. She's only 23 and there is no one I'd rather spend my 10% on right now. Gorgeous woman and if you believe those PR driven "interviews" funny and sexy too.

But I digress. I buy the magazine for the articles on clothes and this one has Spring resort and sport wear. As predicted elsewhere on this site baggy pants are out and jeans are very low rise and snug in the crotch. I love that thought "snug in the crotch". Your best fashion accessory is flat abs.

One spread was shot in Buenas Aries with the clothes having lots of bright and strong colors and the model is obviously freeballing so I guess its official.....

Another article on where to find good looking "cheap" business suits.

Finally more casual clothes modeled by the actor Nick Cannon and everything is designed to show off the body. But few men have a body like that guy!

I hope you enjoyed the short break and you can now resume squabbling and examining each other's plumbing.
[post=293229]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks for the info, dickbulge -- damn, I like typing that name! I'm on my way to pick up a copy now, with quite a bit of eagerness. :evilgrin:

dayne:

My new issue of GQ arrived today

[post=293229]Quoted post[/post]​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had to wait to get your new GQ to find out men's styles are going to flat fronts, low rise and tight? You didn't see my post of exactly that information a month or two ago. I really don't recall how long it has been.

I would suggest you go to a Border's bookstore and pick up some copies of the men's fashion magazines from Europe. They are normally at least six months or more ahead of the American fashion rags like GQ and Details. The American magazine, Town and Country, has an annual spring issue that will show what designers are showing for men on the runways in Paris and the like. Eventually you will see these looks in the American man's wardrobe.

While you may or may not like it, you can always look to the gay and the black communities to see the coming trends in American men's fashion. While there are a few things that didn't catch on, if these two groups are beginning to wear them, they will be mainstream eventually. A few past examples are levi's 501s, khaki slacks, leather, and flat front pants. For the at least six months, they've been adding low rise and more form fitting garments to the flat front slacks and denims. Slacks without pleats have been around for a year or so with these two groups.

Twenty five years in the fahion industry taught me a few things, Dickbuldge. Hope they will help you get beyond tired magazines like GQ. I really think there are better ways to spend your money to really have a more forward fashion sense.

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Oh yeah, point(s) taken!

Actually I was being half facetious. You can't imagine I take GQ seriously? Does anyone?

I do keep an eye on trends (like flat front slacks) that might translate to the wardrobe of a middle age guy, with less than perfect body, in a consevative part of the country. Classic cuts, great colors, good details, and rich materials are my style and not fads. Low rise jeans are something I would not wear nor would any one care to see me in them, l was a 501's guy in youth, but its fun poke fun at the craze for ugly baggy jeans.

Remember we get our news pretty filtered out here in hinterlands. nor are there large minority communities. And BTW why did you assume I have some problem with afro-americans or hispanics? No up-to-the-second mens clothing stores. If I could bring myself to abandon our local book dealer and go to Borders (the GQ of book stores) or Barnes and Bland I might find a foreign magazine or two. Meanwhile be patient with me.

PS: I did notice you earlier post and acknowledged it.

dayne: Why did I think you might have a problem with either of those communities? You said it yourself, I thought you took GQ seriously, not knowing you wrote it somewhat as a joke. Your post gives me a good laugh now that I am not looking at it so seriously.