now THIS is a women's issue!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Owwwww! My nails are kind of long as well. I'm constantly scratching myself. They never really break and I have to file them down to keep them non-freddie Krugerish.

I have scratched myself in that area, but I have never taken a chunk out! OMG wait I have been shaving before and took a small chunk off. LMAO talk about hitting your knees in the shower. That is when I realised I was getting to relaxed in my shaving technique, because some parts of my body I love more than life. That little button being one!

And hilaire... seriously OMG!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Take it easy there, dolfers - even your kinks must know some bounds.

I keep my nails short but they're quite hard and can have sharp edges if I'm careless. I have certainly scratched both my hood and my actual clit (that one's a kick in the guts, let me tell you) but I've never taken a chuck out of either and have only ever drawn blood from the surrounding area, never the hood or clit.

How's the healing going?

Holy shit Dolf that is horrific! Reminds me of the time I used Veet on my scrotum and then spent 4 hours in the shower washing layers after layers of skin of them, I was crying because I thought my balls would drop out. NOT A WOMAN'S ISSUE ;)

You see this is why you do a VERY SMALL test area - about 1cm by 1cm or less. Especially in the arena pubalis!! :wink:

Actually I tried using veet on my pubic hair as well once. Never - ever - again.

You too - listen to the Banisters, I know whereof I speak!

:eek:

this makes me super glad i've never tried!
i wax my board. it's safer that way.

Never tried wax there. I will do some day, but Veet sensitive skin works just fine for me. I use it regularly. Never once hurt myself. I'm very careful to use a finger-sized wadge of tissue to block the possibility of any cream getting on my labia minora, which in my case are tucked in out of the way - I know that isn't the case for many women and it may be a lot easier for me to avoid getting burned by such products than it is for other women.

It's also a question of how your skin reacts. And it can change - recently my underarms have become too sensitive to allow depilatory cream. And again, this is why we do the small test area!! I swear - Veet so much as changes packaging and I re-do the test area thing in case they have changed the formula too. As for 'new improved' stickers on the packaging - that gets two separate test areas with a 48 hour wait.

The Banisters coochie she is precious and not to experimented upon... except by HickBoy, and even then not with chemicals!!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've also had bad experiences with depilatories down below. I was using an epilator, but I've let it grow back in some since getting pregnant. I should trim the lawn again. I did like being bare, I just don't like the process of becoming bare.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have lovely long
motherfucking dangerous
nails.

and last night, while washing, i took a chunk out of the side of my clit hood with one.

bled like you wouldn't believe!

There is a reason Pitbull will not go near Dolfette
Actually many reasons
This is just one of them.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've also had bad experiences with depilatories down below. I was using an epilator, but I've let it grow back in some since getting pregnant. I should trim the lawn again. I did like being bare, I just don't like the process of becoming bare.
i had one of those fuckers pinch a little chunk of skin off once. fortunately it was near the outer limits. i don't trust them near my nethers at all.
There is a reason Pitbull will not go near Dolfette
Actually many reasons
This is just one of them.
^^wimp

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i had one of those fuckers pinch a little chunk of skin off once. fortunately it was near the outer limits. i don't trust them near my nethers at all.

Yup, it's happened to me, too. We've actually figured out how to solve that problem with a lot of experimentation. Turns out that on ours, if you remove the safety shield on the "face" attachment, it gets almost all the hairs, even the really tiny ones, and it won't pinch your skin. Go figure that it's safer without the safety shield. :rolleyes:

It's not perfect, but we tried waxing, and that was much more painful, phenomenally painful, it ripped off a little skin, and it didn't even get all the hair. We both hated it. We tried a depilatory cream and it made both of us bleed. It freaked us out so much we never tried that again. We tried shaving, but even just a little bit of stubble when it grew in was extremely painful on my poor clit! At least with epilating, I can go slow enough to accommodate my wimpiness when it comes to pain, while getting the benefits of having soft hair when it grows back in and the long periods between maintenance.

Last edited:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good gosh, Dolfette! You made me cringe! I cannot imagine scratching it much less taking a chunk out! OMG!

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
..... I swear - Veet so much as changes packaging and I re-do the test area thing in case they have changed the formula too. As for 'new improved' stickers on the packaging - that gets two separate test areas with a 48 hour wait........

Top advice Manly. I too suffered Veet burns when they changed to a new improved, now with blisters, formula. I get waxed now, rather than risk this again.

Another piece of advice I can pass on, is don't handle fresh chili peppers and then touch yourself....ouch! That made my eyes water and certainly ruined the moment.

Hope you're healing up OK Dolfette. It's not like you can just apply a sticky plaster and forget about it.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dolfette, I use an first aid spray with lidocaine in it to keep those kinds of injuries from becoming infected. Nether injuries can become horribly swollen and even more painful if they get infected. :redface:

Another piece of advice I can pass on, is don't handle fresh chili peppers and then touch yourself....ouch! That made my eyes water and certainly ruined the moment.

OMG! I've done this! I enjoy spicy food, so it was just a matter of time before I made a mistake and hot peppered my poor clit! It was horrible and took forever to stop hurting, and I started washing it off with water and soap within the minute that it began to hurt.

I just found out yesterday that some doms use peppers in BDSM play. :eek:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG! I've done this! I enjoy spicy food, so it was just a matter of time before I made a mistake and hot peppered my poor clit! It was horrible and took forever to stop hurting, and I started washing it off with water and soap within the minute that it began to hurt.

I just found out yesterday that some doms use peppers in BDSM play. :eek:

They also use fresh ginger root :cool:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HECK NO!!! Have you ever put fresh peeled ginger on your tongue... you know how it's tingly and burny spicy? Well I read about it being used at a plug:eek:

My mouth is used to spiciness, both of the ginger and pepper kinds. My nether region isn't!

I read that they'll use fresh ginger on the clit and in the vagina, too. At least it would smell really nice down there. :tongue: