Nude Beach

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_Uni79, Sep 10, 2010.

1. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

I went to a nude beach today...it is known for having a high gay turnout. None the less, I went by myself, I'm not homophobic and love and get along with all people. It was my second time going there. Today was kind of unpleasant, there were 5 guys "cruising" around me. I was lying down in the buff on my towel and kept to myself at the far end of the beach basically no one around. One guy was basically standing 10 feet from me just staring at me and going around me in circles giving himself a couple strokes as he was walking away toward the bush area of the beach... and looking at me again.
    C'mon....he got the message to leave me alone after 15 minutes. I did not call him over or make any eye contact with him. I'm flattered and all...women haven't even approached me in such numbers and intensity before. Is this how gay guys typically act when they are in their "element"?

2. readytocum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Afraid so, they are some acting like that, but not the majority, always depends on location on the beach, if vey crowded they won,t be that arrogant, but if you are far from the crowd...you are sure they gonna go be some cruising happening

#2 readytocum, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Why did you go to a nude gay beach if you didn't want to get cruised?

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm curious... What beach did you go to? I've been going to nude beaches for over 30 years and most have areas that are more gay and other areas that are more family oriented. Rarely in my experience has anyone acted inappropriately unless they were given the sign of some interest. (I was not there so I can't pass judgement)
    I guess I'm taking some exception to your statement of "Is this how gay guys act in their element?"
    Not all gay guys act like this at a nude beach. If someone makes you feel any discomfort all you need to say is "Back off I'm not interested" and they will leave usually.

5. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

The beach has a high gay population. It is the ONLY nude beach for 100's of kilometre's around. I enjoy tanning and having the breeze hit me nude. I'm locked in doors at work and school all day.
    What am I to do?

6. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

I will say by PM...not open to the board. It is the only one in my city and it has a high gay crowd. I didn't even look at these guys. But as I said 1 of them was coming around in circles...and obviously starring at me. I didn't say anything because he did not say anything to me. Best thing is don't look and they will go away. That is what I did here...
    it took a while for him to figure out though.:rolleyes:
    Don't take me as a gay hater folks...far from it:smile:

7. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

The south end of this beach is where the higher gay population is. From the centre to north is where more women sit. There were none today. I was at the far end of the beach(North). It was basically just me and 4 other guys but they were a good 40 metres away.

8. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As long as they were just looking and didn't really touch or even say anything to you it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you're laying there naked and you look good, obviously you will attract attention. I've never been to a nude beach so I cannot really say for sure.

9. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

There were 5 guys in total that were "cruising"...but they were not so obvious as 1 of them...very noticeable.(Just clarifying this for ease in understanding). Ever see Terminator 2? like that exactly....sunglasses, head turned and looking down at me at 10 feet away!
    C'mon!

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Honestly I don't look at you as a gay hater. There is always some freak at the beach whether they are gay or straight who is sometimes inappropriate. We just have to all learn to live together in our nakedness in life; but none of us have to feel prey to some perv. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but as time goes by I'm sure you will find most people at the nude beach will have more in common with you than differences.
    Me ke aloha!
    Visit Hawaii this rarely happens!

11. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

It's ego boosting. Women don't circle me like this...lol
    6 feet, 260 lbs here...been going to the gym since 17...30 now!
    lol....maybe I look good.....lol:smile:

12. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LMAO at the Terminator 2 reference:laugh2: Yeah, that would be a bit creepy.

13. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

That's what creeped me out the most. It would have been easier to handle without the sunglasses.

14. jpk338

jpk338 Well-Known Member

when things like this happen to you in life you need to man up and ask them/or tell them that they are bothering you instead of coming here where none of us really know what went on. i go to a nude beach haulover in fl. and if there is a problem i would not hesitate to tell the lifeguard. don't let people walk over you. good luck

15. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Just a suggestion. Turn on your stomach, put a lot of sunscreen on your butt, and put your head down like you're sleeping. No one will bother you! :biggrin1:

16. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

See now there's your problem, tanning is extremely bad for you, not only does it age your skin but it causes melanoma. They used to think you could do a small bit of tanning and get away with it, especially if you have dark skin, but that advice's gone the way of the dodo, they now say no tanning, no matter what your skin colour, is good for you. :tongue: (I'm only half joking)

17. erratic

Gold Member

Uni, you said you were hiding off at the far end of the beach. That's your problem. Guys cruise in the relatively hard-to-reach and secluded spots because they're a bit out of the way. It's exactly the same at the nude beach in Toronto. The far south end and in the bushes (where most people don't go) is where most of the cruising happens.

Stick to the other end where you said the women are and you'll not have nearly as much of a problem. Women a) have a sixth-sense for staying away from sketchy places (like frat parties and lonely highways); and b) are cruisy-fag repellent.

Stick with the chicks and avoid the gross dicks.

18. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

That's where I was Hanlan's...I was at the far end...north???
    where the volleyball nets are. No women there on that day.
    Advice noted...:cool:Got ya!

19. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

I was doing that:smile:

20. erratic

Gold Member

Lubing up and displaying your ass could be seen as an invitation by some...
    :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted