Older Men.

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Fleur, May 27, 2010.

1. Fleur

Gold Member

Okay...so I've always been attracted to older men. My girl friends however always seem to date guys their age, give or take one or two years, if that.

Recently I've been getting closer with a guy who just turned 39 and he wants to go out on a date. Of course I said yes. I don't think it's a simple answer of "he more secure" financially and more mature.

The guy I'm really into but isn't available is 33. I'm 25.

My parents met when my mom was 24 and my dad was 34, they dated for 9 years and then got married, so the age difference obviously was never weird to me...so maybe it has to do with how I grew up. My Dad was always mistaken for my grandpa...I remember when I was five (he was 53) and someone said he was my grandpa and since I was sassy I told the person off yelling, "he is my Daddy!" and my Dad laughed.

So, tangent over. Why do you think some women are more attracted to older men? I can safely say I'd never date someone my age or younger. And I don't have Daddy issues btw...so don't start a thread about chicks with Daddy issues.

#1 Fleur, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because we're fucking hot.

3. Fleur

Gold Member

Well, yes, I agree. :redface:

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fleur I'm just as lost as you are on this subject. I've always dated guys older than me. I lost it to a guy 12 years older, and the guy I'm with now is in his 30's and I'm in my 20's. I just always seem to lean towards older men. Maybe because when I was younger the guys my age were more interested in drinking and partying and I never really cared for either? I think at the time I felt that an older guy was more stable and mature. Had a decent job, etc? There's also something about those little lines around their eyes when they smile :) I just love them. I can't give you an answer really I'm just giving you my reasoning (as confusing as it is).

Now however I have friends much older than I am dating guys in their early twenties telling me these guys are where it's at. I hear of sexual escapade's three to four times a night all weekend and I think to myself, damn??!!! The younger guys seem more get up and go now too. I'm starting to think I just never spent any real time with guys my age once I got out of highschool?

Physically I'm more attracted to the older guys too. They seem to carry alittle more weight. I don't mean fat (before someone says that).

#4 HiddenLacey, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  5. B_Craiggers

B_Craiggers New Member

From my own perspective, I'd say because men are slower to mature and we're more interesting with a few extra years on us :)

Knowing what I'm like now, what I was like at 25, what I was like at 18, I could definately understand why a woman would prefer me at 35 than ten years back (or more).

6. LadyHalo

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, I've always been attracted to older men. Even when I was a little girl, I liked guys in high school and guys who were around helping my father. Of course, nothing ever happened (Thank God!) and I never said anything to them. The guys who were helping my father were always very protective of me, so maybe that has something to do with why I'm attracted to older men. I don't know.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:

This is true too. Safety and security. I feel that way with an older man more than with a younger man.

#7 HiddenLacey, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  8. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I never used to think that but since i have seen some of the hunni's on here i have definately changed my mind:smile:

9. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

I'm an older guy, but married. As I aged, it seemed that a lot of women considerably younger than me became attracted to me. Some even propositioned me and I had to turn them down, being married.

I think that older guys are much less affected by the "sexual feeding frenzy" that afflicts younger guys (I remember it well). They are less worried about being rejected because they often don't expect younger women to find them attractive anyway. They are more relaxed around women and less likely to view them as some type of "opponent" in the mating game.

Also, as I got older, I became more appreciative of the differences between men and women, their different perspectives and strengths. Women seemed to have fresh insights. I started to understand their thinking and motivation better and was thus much less bewildered by female behavior that seemed inexplicable to me when I was younger.

As you mature you get knocked down occasionally and hopefully start to take yourself a bit less seriously. After living with yourself for 30 or 40 years you tend to become a bit less wrapped up in yourself and more interested in others.

10. the_new_godiva

I'm gonna go with the previously mentioned added maturity and mass theories, and add the facial/body hair theory too. Mmmmm.

I have a major crush on the owner of the place I work at, who is 14 years older than I am. Thankfully, I have the best of both worlds: I get to see him often (eye candy, fun to talk to) and I need only do my job to benefit from his financial security. Talk about incentive to work hard!

11. hud01

Gold Member

Clint Eastwood said something along the lines of, one of the benefits of getting older is you stop thinking with your dick.

From my late 20's on most of my relationships have been with younger women. Ranging from 9 years to 20.

12. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I really hope you mean a nine year age gap, not nine years old . . .

13. hud01

Gold Member

lol...yes....

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    My preferred age range was 30-50 (exceptions allowed, of course) when I first started being sexually active and hasn't changed all that much. Seeing as though I'm now 50, it looks as if I'll be dating younger guys :cool:

15. shiksa34

shiksa34 New Member

My man is 18 years older than me and before that my ex was 14 years older than me. I'll second what the other chicks are saying about maturity, security (more the feeling of being protected and safe rather than the financial aspect). After high school and college, I rarely felt attracted to guys my own age. I don't know why. I think I got sick of their stupid crap. I couldn't relate to them for some reason. I guess that's the maturity thing again. Anyway, I adore my man. He's beautiful inside and out, has a beautiful thick cock and luscious balls, fabulous ass. I wish I could show you but I don't think he'd go for that. Watching him walk around naked makes me drool in anticipation of suckling his cock and balls, yummy

16. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

so you are priding yourselfon disproving clint's wisdom?

17. D_Barbi_Dahl

D_Barbi_Dahl Account Disabled

To date...I'm not a fan of "older guys." I've only been with men who were max of 4 years older...does that count? I don't think so...I prefer guys my own age...or as of recently...YOUNGER.

Most younger guys can keep up with my sex drive and they are usually hot, sweet and have awesome bodies.

Older guys tend not to be able to keep up with me, are full of themselves, play games/play hard to get or get scared...whatever...I'll stick with my younger guys.

18. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I can understand why a lot of women need more than this.

19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't specifically have a thing for older men. I do like a certain type of... let's call it swagger. A lot of older guys seem to have it. Then again, so does my husband, and he is four years my junior.

20. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

As a man just turned 40 may I say that age bestows no benefits; if you were a jerk at 22 you'll be a pathetic old jerk at 72.

Draft saved Draft deleted