Painted toes

D_Harry_Ballz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First and foremost let me say this is NOT a foot fetish thread. This is simply an inquiring into the mind of a woman gathering insight. With that said.......

Ladies, does anything influence you when deciding what color to paint your toes? Does any particular mood influence you? or do you just pick whatever is there? Do you ever purposely pick out shoes to show off your newly painted toes, or do you just go with the flow? The reason I ask is I am at the beach this weekend and I couldnt help but notice the different colors and styles in which women paint their nails. Call it a foot fetish if you want, but I was moreso seeking answers if there are any.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I almost always paint my toes like a natural colored french manicure-style pedicure. Very rarely, very, very rarely, I will underscore the white line on the big toes with a silver of gold line. To me, that looks classy. I also like red nail polish, by itself, or really bold shades of blue or green (especially lime green) with little white tops. Sometimes, I add a glow-in-the-dark top coat. I have not been to a salon since I moved south. Because my toes are exposed most days, most of the year, I prefer to do my own nails. It's less expensive. Back north, when I wore open-toed shoes only a few months of the year, I went to the salon when it was warm and did my own nails in winter when only lovers saw my feet. My color and style choices are dictated purely by my own sense of style.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't paint my toenails because I think my feet are ugly from being crammed into high heels and riding boots.
So long as they are neatly trimmed and don't have a line of dirt under them I'm happy.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I like painting my toe nails and how I paint them totally depends on my mood. The last time I painted them was last week with my 8 year-old niece so I have magenta with a glitter coat on, which is in complete contrast to the scroll designs on my fingernails.

FYI: This is my favorite online place to visit for all things manicure:

Lacquerized - A blog about nail polish

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love having painted toes. I never paint my fingernails because my hands work (typing, cooking, illustrating, etc.). But my toenails....I love, love, LOVE the look of painted toes. And I get them professionally painted because they do a MUCH better job than I do.

- - - -

Picking colors generally goes with my mood. I never wear liipstick, so I never have to worry about coordinating with that. I wear pink colors when I'm feeling carefree and fun. Copper-reds when I'm feeling sultry. Deep burgundy-reds when I want to have a dominatrix kind of look.

But if I have a special evening, I will have my toes painted to coordinate with my dress and accessories.

I love having fancy looking feet.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I paint everything!!! LOL! I paint my toes to match my mood, fingernails, shoes, whatever. When I'm in my LBD my toes, fingers and lips are usually crimson. But for workaday stuff, if I'm not involved in demo on site, I'm a bit more muted, but I'm still painted.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I began to paint my toenails because I was requested to develop 'kissable toes'. It's something one of my men does, paints his toenails with clear polish to prevent fungus and make them more attractive to me and others. I got many tips, and my feet can still stand to improve, but I do now keep them painted even though it's a bother to sit there waiting before I can get back to rushing around.

I use a product called 'Hard As Nails' in a pearly flesh tone that fools the eye somewhat and distracts from uneven spots. When it flakes off, as it does rather fast, I start over. I haven't needed to resort to solvent, thank goodness.

But I refuse to do my fingers! I use the hands much too much to want anything that could make them unsanitary.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But I refuse to do my fingers! I use the hands much too much to want anything that could make them unsanitary.
In foodservice, it is much the same. One doesn't polish his or her fingernails. On the other hand, the hands are on constant display, especially during a job search. So, pretty nails and hands are still required.

I treat my hands much as I treat my face. I use the same apricot facial scrub on my hands, and once a week, when I do my face, I put the same anti-oxidant mask on the backs of my hands (even though I do my face that way twice weekly). I moisturize daily, and wear gloves when it is cold, or when I am cleaning/my hands will have prolonged exposure to water. In fact, I moisturize anytime I wash my hands and will not be preparing food right away. Don't forget sun block.

I also buff my nails. The buffer has four sides. One side to eliminate lines and unevenness, one to smooth that process out a bit, one to buff the nails to a low-intensity shine, and one to really polish them until they glisten. The first few times you buff, the results may not be spectacular unless you really take your time. But once you've been doing it awhile, it gets easier. It takes less time after the first time anyway, because you skip the first two steps from then on until you get new growth. Lastly, I don't neglect my cuticles. Once every few days, after I get out of the bath or shower, I push them back neatly, and trim the excess.

I do run around while my toenails wait to dry. I put foam separators between my toes, or loop paper toweling through them to keep them separated. It isn't overly comfy, but I can still get stuff done.

poultrygal

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I go wild on my toes!!! Blues, greens, hot pink, purples, black, usually with a design. While I keep my fingers a little more tame. Since I work in a profession where people see my hands and not my feet. But I do LOVE to show off my toes in flip flops, sandals etc when I am not at work.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You haven't done toenails til you, your own kids, the neighbours' kids and rather bemused spaniel have jointly been painted every colour of polish that can be found in any household that proved searchable. :smile:

I do like to paint my toes but I have the atrocious habit of tearing my toenail excess off. Polish doesn't stop me so it looks pretty bad if I have failed to control myself. I tend to go for purple-pinks (or pink-purples) and sometimes a classic ruby red.

PS: I carefully cleaned the dog's claws before she stared to chew.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You haven't done toenails til you, your own kids, the neighbours' kids and rather bemused spaniel have jointly been painted every colour of polish that can be found in any household that proved searchable. :smile:

I do like to paint my toes but I have the atrocious habit of tearing my toenail excess off. Polish doesn't stop me so it looks pretty bad if I have failed to control myself. I tend to go for purple-pinks (or pink-purples) and sometimes a classic ruby red.

PS: I carefully cleaned the dog's claws before she stared to chew.

‪Proper Opossum Pedicure‬‏ - YouTube

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
First of all I never attempt to paint my nails or my toe nails. I get my nails done on a regular basis but my manicurist does not do pedicures. So I go to a different place to get my pedicures and since I can't always find the same color I tend to have my toes painted a light pink. However, in the summer I will go for much brighter colors.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First and foremost let me say this is NOT a foot fetish thread. This is simply an inquiring into the mind of a woman gathering insight. With that said.......

Ladies, does anything influence you when deciding what color to paint your toes? Does any particular mood influence you? or do you just pick whatever is there? Do you ever purposely pick out shoes to show off your newly painted toes, or do you just go with the flow? The reason I ask is I am at the beach this weekend and I couldnt help but notice the different colors and styles in which women paint their nails. Call it a foot fetish if you want, but I was moreso seeking answers if there are any.
You know...getting a pedicure is equivalent to dieing and going to heaven. Just sayin.:biggrin1:

D_Hillary_Clitton

Account Disabled
Media
Painting my toes is one of my favorite artistic expressions:D I usually use a color that depends on my mood or what special outfit I may need to wear in the next few days. I also have glitter polishes of different hues and cute adhesive designs to to stick onto them when I'm feeling spunky. I almost never paint my fingernails as I pretty much do "men's work" as a job, so the toes are what I over compensate with :D

dirtyparrot

1st Like
Media
I love painted toes and my wife knows it ..
She also knows I like darker contasting colors .. She has perfect feet and I usually get her a blank cheque type gift card so she has them done professionally and regularly at the salon

D_Elvetta Boombooms

Just Browsing
Media
  • does anything influence you when deciding what color to paint your toes? Clothes I am going to wear, occasion, how long i plan to keep them pretty
  • Does any particular mood influence you? For sure! angry, racy, sad, meek changes things
  • Do you ever purposely pick out shoes to show off your newly painted toes? Usually the other way around. If they're already painted i do it on occasion