Physical Exam

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bobbyjones320, Jun 2, 2011.

1. bobbyjones320

bobbyjones320 New Member

During a physical, do the doctors check your penis at all? Retract foreskin? And if so, do you keep it retracted during the exam?

Thanks

2. TraceLEO

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Never experienced that. Usually it's just a quick, "turn-your-head-and-cough" thing to check for hernias next to your scrotum. Never had my dick touched for anything else.

3. parchissi

Gold Member

Only if there is a medical concern with your dick will the Doctor want to go in for a closer inspection.

4. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Doctor usually feels my balls,shaft and head with the skin back.

5. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not being uncut, just from a medical standpoint, I would think they would peel it back to check for any abnomalities?

I know during my physical, they inspect it, checking the head and shaft, including lifting it to look at the underside, etc.

edit: just wanted to add that there is NOTHING sexual about my Dr's examination. I assume he's just making sure that he doesn't feel or see anything out of the ordinary that I may have not noticed. And as far as a turn on? Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact I never have, but always feel like I should say "It really, really, really, isn't THIS small all of the time!! :redface:

#5 Countryguy63, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. blakobra8

blakobra8 Member

Albums:
    anyone ever get a comment on their dick size by a doctor?

in response to the actual question, during routine physicals I have just done the "turn and cough".

7. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes I have had a comment from the Doctor.

8. art

art
    Gold Member

During my annual physical, my doc examines my penis just as he examines everything else. He retracts my foreskin, examines my penis for signs of abnormality, phimosis or infection, makes sure the foreskin slides back & forth freely. Then he examines my scrotum and palpates my testicles. Then he does the "turn your head and cough" routine, and moves on to the DRE.

9. B_mature54

B_mature54 New Member

I have a restored foreskin and my doctor pulled the foreskin back and examined the head. When he finished he tugged the skin back over the head. I knew then that he did not realize that I was cut and thought it was a natural foreskin. I felt good about that. All this was professional and nothing sexual in any way. He was just doing his job

10. 1NiceRod

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had a doctor once that usually did a thurough exam of my penis, the turn your head and cough, and then a digital rectal exam to check the prostate. Nothing sexual about it.

11. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I only had a doctor only do this once. I was almost thru puberty. this same doctor examined me every yr for sports physical. my dad was present in the room, the doctor retracted the skin around my penis head, a quick visual. then we did the "grab your balls, turn and cough". Doctor turned and looked at my dad and said, "well, he's certainly come thru puberty, okay."

12. midlosole

Gold Member

My job requires a complete physical every couple years. Over the past 25 years I've had more than my fair share of Doctors. It seems no two performed the physical the exact same way. Most covered the basics the same, but each had his or her own flair. I've only had two doctors reach out and actually touch my penis. I remember one DR in particular who during the exam, reached out and grabbed hold of my penis, and then pulled hard to fully extend it to it's maximum length. He told me he was check for a "discharge". It caught me so off guard I couldn't think fast enough to tell him if he kept pulling on it like that, he would surely see a "discharge".

So, bottom line, having a DR grab hold of your penis is probably not something you have to worry about, especially if your cut.

13. derrick10

derrick10 New Member

Albums:
    When I first got married, at one of my physicals I got a semi hard on. The doc noticed it was bent to the left and asked to if I had difficulty during sex. Then it got hard all the way. and I was so embarassed but tried not to show it. He asked if during the course of my adult life had the curve gotten worse. and it has. There is a condition associated with a curved dick. Thank got I havent got it.

14. lpsg_guy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why do you guys get these types of exams?

15. oldriver

oldriver New Member

lpsg guy -- Just routine physicals for me, over the years. Nothing sexual and I have had the "turn your head and cough" thing done by 3 female doctors and lots of male doctors. The main thing they "feel me" for is abnormal lumps that might mean something -- like testicular cancer or something I really don't want. I'm cut, by the way so there's no foreskin retraction issue.

16. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:

This is usually what happens in the doctor;s office. However, when I was younger I did have a family doctor who took a real interest in my cock.

17. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:

This is usually what happens in the doctor;s office. However, when I was younger I did have a family doctor who took a real interest in my cock. :biggrin1:

18. 8inchfordoc

8inchfordoc Member

Albums:
    I am cut so there is no foreskin retraction. However, during many exams, my penis has been examined along with my testicles. On numerous occasions I have sported a semi as well. Then, I am asked to bend over the table for the prostate exam. That, at times, will cause me to enlarge even more. Actually, I like to show my size without being erect.

19. rayray

rayray Active Member

I had a physical exam done by a woman once..She gave me the most extensive exam from her.She checked every crack and crevice from head to toe. she did the cough thing but she did anything and everything I never once I had from any other doctor. I really though she was enjoying the exam more then I thought she should have.

20. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I just had one a month ago and the doctor had me cough. He palates my balls and he checked my shaft and head of my penis. Nothing sexual but it was very thorough.

Draft saved Draft deleted