Pick Up Lines

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I have heard every good, bad, crappy and cheesy pick up line three or four times each. When we were first married I'd find myself standing alone in a bar or dance hall waiting for my husband to finish a set so we could have a few minutes together in the evening. Sometimes I'd bring a girlfriend and her beau or husband along, but still I'd be the lone standout. So of course, every guy tried their best shot.

I was even approached more than once having a drink with Cap during a break. They figured he was just a musician trying to pick up a groupie, so they thought they might take a shot.

I'm pretty much immune to them, but I will usually commend the good ones and laugh at the funny ones. The pickup line that Cap used on me that worked was "Hey!"

B_bardox14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My man can't come up with a good pick up line to save his life and he knows it. So he just says something stupid to get a laugh and takes it from there. Worked on me lol.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"did you grow up on a chicken farm?"

"because you certainly know how to raise a cock"

:rofl:

i LOVE cheesey pick up lines. but the approach/delivery is crucial.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A female friend of mine said that the most effective line of any type that was ever used on her was "Hey, you look familiar. Do we have a class together?" (Keep in mind I'm a college student.) It sets up a pretext for the conversation, and through this brief exchange, some information about each other is exchanged, laying the foundation for a longer conversation.

Holistic_Harry

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only used a line once, but it worked. I told a particularly well built woman, "I could die happy after seeing you naked." About ten minutes later I saw her naked. lol

D_Farmoure Dickthanyew

Experimental Member
Media
I never seriously use them. But sometimes its fun just to say stupid ones. My favorite one, only works after you've already started talking.

"If you were a pirate would your parrot sit on this shoulder" put your hand on her closest shoulder. "or this shoulder?" put your arm around her onto the other shoulder.

Every single time i've done it they start answering seriously, about halfway through their answer they realize what's going on. They always comment on how smooth it is. I wouldn't use it to start a conversation or anything.