picking up women

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know the storybook version: "Just be yourself. All will turn out okay." It's bullshit. Just buy some pheremones and sit around looking slightly depressed and lonely but as if you could cheered up with company; a sad puppy-like existence that needs nurturing... and later on... PUSSY! It works.

inspectahdck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wish I were a tear so i could start in your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
i like that one, though it would sound wierd to introduce myself like that lol
pickup lines just isnt my type, but i might try that one someday..not

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The opening line I always use:
"Hi! My name's Jovial. How do you like me so far?"

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
You know the storybook version: "Just be yourself. All will turn out okay." It's bullshit. Just buy some pheremones and sit around looking slightly depressed and lonely but as if you could cheered up with company; a sad puppy-like existence that needs nurturing... and later on... PUSSY! It works.

In bars? No, it doesn't.
First off, the pheromone sprays are bullshit. Every wet-eared frat boy in those places is drowning in the stuff, so nobody's going to pick up your scent. Secondly, regardless of what Axe and Tag tell you, we've evolved past conditioning for chasing partners based on pheromone smells. Besides, when you can consciously smell it and pick it out, even taste it in the air, it's painfully overdone. It's like stuffing your pants with the entire sock drawer.
And for the most part, girls don't approach the mopey depressed guys in bars. They came out to have fun, not to play Dear Abby for some smelly overcompensating bum.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In bars? No, it doesn't.
First off, the pheromone sprays are bullshit. Every wet-eared frat boy in those places is drowning in the stuff, so nobody's going to pick up your scent. Secondly, regardless of what Axe and Tag tell you, we've evolved past conditioning for chasing partners based on pheromone smells. Besides, when you can consciously smell it and pick it out, even taste it in the air, it's painfully overdone. It's like stuffing your pants with the entire sock drawer.

And for the most part, girls don't approach the mopey depressed guys in bars. They came out to have fun, not to play Dear Abby for some smelly overcompensating bum.
That is the truth! :cool:

CaptainChaos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The opening line I always use:
"Hi! My name's Jovial. How do you like me so far?"

Never ask a girl if she likes you. It comes off as needy, and approval seeking which displays low confidence and is unattractive.

And to walk up to a girl and simply introduce yourself may work, if she is already looking for someone, or if she was staring you down making her interest obvious. Otherwise when you introduce yourself this way, you've just lumped yourself into the same category as the other 5 losers that introduced themselves to her the same way.
Be situational with your introductions, and dont express too much interest right away.

Try different shit out to see what works for you.
Remember, women like to be hit on. Even if they tell you to leave them alone, its still flattering to get hit on. Just dont creep them out.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've always found being cheeky worked for me, but then again, that's my personality naturally so it isn't hard. Actually, my favorite way to pick up a girl is to insult her dancing, as long as it's obvious it's a joke.

"It's lucky you've got nice eyes because you sure can't dance" or "Could you dance a little further away? You're dangerous!" have always been good conversation starters and at the least always get me a dance :smile:.

But you have to know how to say it, because if you say it wrong you're going to get a drink in your face.