PS3 Gamers Unite!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Jul 25, 2010.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hey there. Just thought I'd join up a couple threads. I'm still a diehard Final Fantasy fan, but I got caught up on some fun PS3 demos today. I've got one word for you. DeathSpank. Google it if you must. HILARIOUS demo.

Anyway, how are my fellow PS3 gamers doing today? What's news in the gaming world? Bought something new? Stuck on a boss from hell?

Discuss. :D

2. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I picked up Fallout 3 in Blockbuster really cheap (£4) and I have been playing it for a while. I'm not particularly refined at the game and I am sure my style of play is quite laughable but it's a really enjoyable game, especially for the bargain price I paid for it.

Blockbuster may be a bit of a relic of the 90's and early 00's, but they sell PS3 games really cheap (at least in the UK).

3. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Upto Chapter 11 on FF13 now. ;)
    Quite enjoying it. AND I've got the same level of completion as Dee, hehehe (I compared our 'trophies'). ;)

Need GT5 - but not out till Nov.

4. flame boy

Do you guys buy games as soon as they come out? Recently the only game I have done that with was "Heavy Rain" (awesome game), everything else I tend to wait a while and pick stuff up a bit cheaper on eBay (or again, Blockbuster). If I do buy a game, play it quickly and complete it I will usually re-sell it, unless it's got lots of online content or re-playability.

5. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Im usually miles behind. Just buy what I fancy

Plus, I'm stuck on the same franchises: FF, Tomb Raider, GT, Uncharted. :p
    Oh well.

6. flame boy

I do love a bit of Lara, reminds me of being a little kid playing Tomb Raider 2 and thinking it was the most awesome/advanced thing ever! Uncharted 2 was an incredible game, I haven't played the first one but I intend to.

7. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tend to wait, but if it's something that i was really looking forward to, i'll get it. The last game i did that with was Batman: Arkham Asylum which was pretty great. I've been meaning to get Heavy Rain and Red Dead Redemption but i'm not too sure if i can really take the hit to my wallet right now.

8. flame boy

Arkham Asylum was an incredible game, the "bat-vision" kind of gave me a headache at first but that soon past. Can't wait for the sequel.

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I spent Sunday with my friend's 13 yo nephew and our PS3s. Too much fun. We played Motor Storm, Resistance Fall of Man and a bit of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'd never played the classic MGS4 before and I must say I was blown away... not for the faint of heart

10. D_Martin van Burden

Um, rarely, if ever, do I buy a game when it first comes out. Last time I did that was for FF12. I got in line at the mall's gaming store at midnight and stuck it out there for a little while, and I snagged one of the last remaining copies. PS3 games can get prohibitively expensive at times, so I usually take a wait and see approach.

Oh, before I forget. If you guys have PSN accounts, lemme know your names. I wanna buddy my big-dicked dorky gamer friends. xD :tongue:

11. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    Patiently waiting for Madden NFL 11, Mortal Kombat 9, and Sonic The Hedgehog 4 to come out. Oh yeah Dee. I'm following you on twitter now.

PSNID: SmoothOp1028

12. zed001

zed001 New Member

I've still got Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Fallout 3 wrapped in their plastic :-/

I'm way behind...

13. flame boy

Metal Gear Solid 4 looked wonderful and when you were actually playing the game it was great fun - one big gripe I had were the stupidly long cut scenes which sometimes ran at 20 to 30 minutes long. Still a great franchise and thoroughly entertaining.

14. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    A mate of mine works at Evo and they're currently finishing the new Motorstorm game (Apocalypse). Did a track for the last game, too. :biggrin1:

I want a new Mirror's Edge game to come out - the first one was ace.

15. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a ps3 as well and haven't used for games that much. I have Modern Warfare and only done a few campaign's but haven't tried the multiplayer online yet. I set up an account as OCMuscleJock...*use the same name on Twitter too.* I REALLY want to get the Transformers game that just came out. All the reviews I read about it have been amazing and the Demo's are VERY cool. :)

16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I picked mine up on eBay when God of War III was released. I've always been a PC gamer, though...so, now the PS3 does occasional duty as a BluRay player and streaming media server.

Besides, it's one seriously noisy motherfucker when I've been playing for a while.

17. D_Polyxena Pasties

D_Polyxena Pasties New Member

omgitsmaggie is my ps3 gammer tag. I'm big on street fighter, tekken, and little big planet..

18. D_Martin van Burden

LOL, friend requests on the way, gamers (who have volunteered your PSN names). I enjoyed the DeathSpank demo so I bought the full version. Very goofy and light-hearted RPG and very fun in that old-school Gauntlet style!

19. flame boy

I dont really play much of the online content because 1) I'm a miserable bastard and 2) I am usually pitted against pro-hardcore users. I remember giving Modern Warfare 2 a go online and after about 5 minutes of repeatedly being slaughtered within about 5 seconds of gameplay I gave up!

Does anyone own the slimmer version of the PS3? I do agree that the older units are incredibly noisy when they are used for a while.

20. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I have the 120 GB slim version. I'm thinking about upgrading the HDD.

Draft saved Draft deleted