Racism

Wow man, where did that come from?? The guy simply says " Well put, " and thats your response?? Just because someone gives a physical description of themselves in a screen name, has nothing to do with whether or not they are attracted to one type of people or not.You are right, not everyone who has a "preference" is racist, though I do think the term racist is extreme. But even in making that argument, does not negate the fact that many who do have certain preference do so because of their own prejudices. I think we tend to want to paint the subject either or when its actually alittle bit of both.

Ya missed his earlier post in this thread saying that having a preference is racist.

Which is as follows:


would you go around saying that to random people you met in the street --- you dont find them sexually attractive because they are black or asian or latino or white skinned or redhaired, so what makes it ok online???

to do so online in a public forum where that tyoe of person may come across your profile is demeaning for that reason it is racist as your sexual preference should be to adertise what you enjoy rather than to using online forums to justify racist behaivour

People change as they go through life what you found attractive when you were 15/16 years old may not be what you find attractive at 40 or 60

if you have a preference then its is that should be expressed rather than the dislike for the particular colour of skin or race its just down to respect for another persons identity i guess and online people seem to find it ok to disprespect
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not racist at all it's just ultra liberals getting on their knees to suck off a special interest group because they believe it makes themselves look progressive and martyrs in the eyes of aforementioned special interest group. It reeks of self-loathing. Instead they are the ones who are narrow minded and bigoted to actually believe that everyone should think a certain way even when it comes to who another person finds attractive. That if that person doesn't find someone attractive based on racial features and preferences they must be in fact a racist. Thick skull logic at it's best.

One night me and some friends were watching Chris Rock on TV go on for 5 minutes about why Black men are attracted to White women and how Black women hate that because not only do they lose out on Black men and the possible relationships with them to White women but they also lose out because they aren't attracted in the same way to White men. The audience, mostly Black cheered and laughed, Black women were seen nodding their heads, "yes, that's true."

A White male in the room remarked well that's not the entire picture as it's a two way street and that White men aren't, for the most part, attracted to Black women. That when they are it's usually because they have White feature like, Halle Berrie (who BTW has a White mother). That statement brought a rise of ire from a Black couple in the room and they said his statement was racist. It got so heated that it almost erupted into a fistfight with the Black male seemingly defending his girlfriend's honor because he believed the White guy called her and Black women ugly. Meanwhile we had just listened to Chris Rock rip White men and everyone thought that was hysterical including the Black couple.

Did you get that? :rolleyes:

I didn't say a word, mainly because the Black girl, who was a rather big girl, was extremely angry (an understatement), on her feet screaming at the White guy, and I felt she would have beat my diminutive little White ass into the carpet. But what I was thinking was, the Black couple are hypocrites and live in a fantasy world of double standards and absolution.

So one couple said this? Not the entire race right? Awesome. So in a thread speaking about racism you used one moment with one couple to describe a whole entire race of people as being hypocrites. Well Mercurygirl, you missed the whole picture as well. People of the same race can and most times do have different opinions of things. The fact that you made so a far leap from what a couple of people said to a whole race...speaks more about your mindset then anything else.

You'll figure it out one of these days.
 
who cares? people discriminate. its what groups thrive on. if you dont want to date a black guy, then dont - someone who does will. and it wont make her/him any better a person for doing so. aslong as those preferences arent made the rule, then its not a problem.

Yep. Most women outside of my race (I'm black) typically don't find me attractive but plenty of black women have so it's never really bother me at all.
 
Don't want to derail this thread or anything but i'm curious. If there are those out there that will not date a certain race of people then i have to ask. Why don't you? Was it from personal experience or was it something someone told you? Cause if its the latter then i got a bridge all ready to go for you. :biggrin:
 
I like a lot of different races but am not offended by those that don't. I think you need to have a thick skin when looking for possible partners because you're gonna get rejected by some and the reasons don't really matter.
 
Oh, wow, I haven't posted in about a year and this has got my nerves tingling.


I think so. In away. I think our attraction has to do with society as a whole. Why do most surveys featuring which race is the most attractive always have white peole at the top? They have the most power in the world, especially after years of destroying other races and cultures.

When most people see certain races they automatically have a million different subconcious thoughts in their head. Blacks tend to be on the way bottom, especially black women. First they are not attractive because they are 'slaves', then it's because of their culture.

Same with asias in away. They are sexualized in a way, but the men tend to have the worst of it with the whole penis sterotype.

I think if the transgressions of the past hadn't happened, then I DOUBT people would have their views of certain races today.

I'm not saying it's racist because of biogoted ways, but racist because of stereotypes.

"Ethnic features" are considered awful because they represent poorness and low class. If those same 'ethnics' ruled the day, their features would be attractive.

End of my rant.
 
I like a lot of different races but am not offended by those that don't. I think you need to have a thick skin when looking for possible partners because you're gonna get rejected by some and the reasons don't really matter.

THIS.
 
Ya missed his earlier post in this thread saying that having a preference is racist.

Which is as follows:

I dont see anything wrong with his quote, and that's not being biased.For example, I am not attracted to overweight people, but I would never put that on my profile. For one, its degrading to people who are that way. Second, I myself never know if I might come across a person who is overweight that I would actually be attracted to. The same goes for age and race. There have been times where I have had to change my perspective because o f meeting different types of people. The only problem I have with the "sexual preference" argument is that it often translates to how people are treated in general. Its when people say hello or try to be polite and instead get blocked or ignored for no reason at all based on those preferences, is what I have a problem with.
 
It's not racist at all it's just ultra liberals getting on their knees to suck off a special interest group because they believe it makes themselves look progressive and martyrs in the eyes of aforementioned special interest group. It reeks of self-loathing. Instead they are the ones who are narrow minded and bigoted to actually believe that everyone should think a certain way even when it comes to who another person finds attractive. That if that person doesn't find someone attractive based on racial features and preferences they must be in fact a racist. Thick skull logic at it's best.

One night me and some friends were watching Chris Rock on TV go on for 5 minutes about why Black men are attracted to White women and how Black women hate that because not only do they lose out on Black men and the possible relationships with them to White women but they also lose out because they aren't attracted in the same way to White men. The audience, mostly Black cheered and laughed, Black women were seen nodding their heads, "yes, that's true."

A White male in the room remarked well that's not the entire picture as it's a two way street and that White men aren't, for the most part, attracted to Black women. That when they are it's usually because they have White feature like, Halle Berrie (who BTW has a White mother). That statement brought a rise of ire from a Black couple in the room and they said his statement was racist. It got so heated that it almost erupted into a fistfight with the Black male seemingly defending his girlfriend's honor because he believed the White guy called her and Black women ugly. Meanwhile we had just listened to Chris Rock rip White men and everyone thought that was hysterical including the Black couple.

Did you get that? :rolleyes:

I didn't say a word, mainly because the Black girl, who was a rather big girl, was extremely angry (an understatement), on her feet screaming at the White guy, and I felt she would have beat my diminutive little White ass into the carpet. But what I was thinking was, the Black couple are hypocrites and live in a fantasy world of double standards and absolution.
This entire post makes you look especially racist.
 
I dont see anything wrong with his quote, and that's not being biased.For example, I am not attracted to overweight people, but I would never put that on my profile. For one, its degrading to people who are that way. Second, I myself never know if I might come across a person who is overweight that I would actually be attracted to. The same goes for age and race. There have been times where I have had to change my perspective because o f meeting different types of people. The only problem I have with the "sexual preference" argument is that it often translates to how people are treated in general. Its when people say hello or try to be polite and instead get blocked or ignored for no reason at all based on those preferences, is what I have a problem with.

I agree with you. I was never particullarly attracted to Indian guys.....until I saw one that was very attractive and noticed that a lot of what I exposed to was "average" (or hell, in media below average) and not the good looking one. I do have my preferences, but I learned to be open.

Even when it comes to features like being overweight, I'm stereotyping too if I don't want that. It's like when I saw Adele's Vogue cover...beautiful.

I think we people see "other races" they tend to take the ugliest one and set that as the standard.


It's like when I READ this article where someone said their professor said "who is more attractive?" with a picture of Vanessa Williams vs Whoopi Goldberg. The guy said Vanessa Williams of course and was accussed of being racist. Well, the problem is that you chose Whoopi Goldberg as a dark-skinned rep. Why not Naomi Campbell?

Yes, I have an adversion to certain features. But on the right person it can look great.
 
i don't think not being attracted to a certain ethnic group makes one racist. a person likes what they like(i know it's been said already)

in my experience of dating outside my race alot of the women didn't have alot of social interaction with other races of people besides work/school.
i was always the only black man at the BBQ's,weddings,or dinner parties of the women i've dated. it made for some intresting stories.
some violent,some funny.but it was still an experience that i'm glad i had.
and that's alot from a person like me who regrets 85 percent of his life.
 
To have a preference is not racist but to advertise that preference in terms of excluding a whole race or continent of people for example Asians or Blacks (co-incidently it is usually those races that are excluded) is certainly objectionable and demeaning to the very many of that continent or background who may read that profile. They may well be very attractive people but to read profiles time and time again that indicate they are not is certainly dehumanizing and unpleasent. It can certainly come across as racist even if the intention of the poster was far from being racist, for that reason alone there should be a sea change in making that practise acceptable, it is not.

For example not that long ago it was considered acceptable to have signs in front of hotels, bars and buses saying no blacks, wogs coloureds, gypsies, irish, pakies, chinkies, im so glad we have moved on from those days

Just because of the perceived anonymous nature of the world wide web we should not lose our sense of civility and manners to our fellow human beings.
 
Last edited:
I find it FUCKING HILARIOUS that the person who says it's racist to have a preference in this context.. has a username featuring their race.

The only part of your post I agree with, is that people's tastes tend to change. I certainly know mine has. Just because I tend to find people of a particular ethnic background more appealing, has nothing at all to do with the amount of respect I have for others.

Please read my post and understand that i said nothing of the sort, stop jumping to conclusions, and then using those to launch vitriolic personal attacks in the forums. they are disruptive and dont contribute anything of value.

I am not going to justify myself to you but correct you that I am not Black or African Or African American or Negroid or North African nor a mix of those races
 
Do you think that it's racist of a person not to be interested in (or even of a person to seek out) someone of a particular race or skin color?

I have seen one member on here being criticized for being racist when they mentioned that they aren't interested in black people. But I don't think that was racism or any other type of discrimination - I just think that we all have our own preferences, and this may or may not include skin color.

But, maybe you've been on the receiving end and felt discriminated against because someone rejected you for being of a certain race. Would you view this rejection as racism?
That damn thread! Lol
 
Not racist: I generally don't find black features attractive
Racist: I generally don't date black people because I don't want them stealing all my stuff to buy crack

There's some grey area in-between, but that's basically the distinction.
 
I've dated girls that are all colours of the rainbow, but I don't hold it against anyone if they aren't into certain peoples either because of skin tone or feautures certain races typically (but not always) have.
Still, I would encourage you to keep an open mind, because you never know when someone will suprise you.
 
An interesting question for sure.

I'm the type to never say never about anything. Who knows? I change my mind all the time, and certainly make different choices over time.

Attraction is very personal, as some have pointed out.

Race in America is a very complex issue.